Author Topic: New He-Man Movie  (Read 8634 times)

Sunjata

New He-Man Movie
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:56:31 am »
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=41633

12:00 AM, 24-MAY-07
Silver Develops He-Man Film
Producer Joel Silver is developing a new film version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for Warner Brothers, working with toymaker Mattel, Variety reported. Justin Marks is set to write the script.

Mattel, which owns the toy-based franchise, must approve an outline for the project. He-Man was born as a Mattel action figure, and the toymaker created an animated series in hopes of selling dolls. The series became a cult favorite and a campy 1987 movie that starred Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella.

The toymaker, which now licenses He-Man for high-end merchandise sold to hardcore collectors, has been wary of going Hollywood again. An attempt by Fox 2000 to make another movie, this time with director John Woo, ended in futility as the toymaker didn't spark to the screen plans, the trade paper reported.

The franchise has been reimagined by the producer and the writers and pitched to Mattel as a classic good-vs.-evil battle, using the kind of visual effects strategy employed in 300. A warrior is touted as the last hope of a magical land called Eternia, which is being ravaged by technology and the evil Skeletor.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: New He-Man Movie
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 02:18:43 pm »
"By the Power of Greyskull....power ... return to sword!"

Y'all forgot that this was how He-man turned back into adam, didn't you?

hahahah...
yeah, i am a he man fan  (the new adventures of he man sucked though. Etheria?  WTF?)

But the last new version of He-Man with all of the asian artists doing it, that was fiyah!  A black Zodiak?

anyway, i even like the first movie when i was young.  I hated teh fact that when he man got whipped, his bloody welts were just thin slices of red ribbon.
*sigh*

hahahahah...
evin lynn is a freak.

that's my time... i'm outta here.  where's cringer?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:20:06 pm »
hmm...

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 04:31:13 pm »
It's all about Man-At-Arms

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 05:42:09 pm »
"By the Power of Greyskull....power ... return to sword!"

Y'all forgot that this was how He-man turned back into adam, didn't you?

hahahah...
yeah, i am a he man fan  (the new adventures of he man sucked though. Etheria?  WTF?)

But the last new version of He-Man with all of the asian artists doing it, that was fiyah!  A black Zodiak?

anyway, i even like the first movie when i was young.  I hated teh fact that when he man got whipped, his bloody welts were just thin slices of red ribbon.
*sigh*

hahahahah...
evin lynn is a freak.

that's my time... i'm outta here.  where's cringer?

Asian artists doing he-Man? I didn't know that! Got a link,dawg?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 07:42:31 pm »
no, i don't have a link.
oh my goodness.
the whole series is ... GREAT!
action packed and everything.
it's starts off kinda slow, but once they re-establish the he-man mythos, it's on and poppin'.
Boomerang! used to show the episodes every night.  But they stopped as soon as they got Justice League repeats.

do a google...find it...research it.
i promise you, you'll dig it.
man-at-arms is still the man...older, wiser, hardcor.
shucks, they even make Ram Man an interesting character.
Strider is basically Sean Connery with wings and orko isn't as annoying as the original.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:33:56 pm »
...The further they get away from the Cannon film, the better..  at the time I was offended that Prince Adam was deleted from the mythos.. and He-Man with a cape?  I suppose they did what they could.. and allegedly there was a tacit connection to Jack Kirby's New Gods..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 07:37:49 pm »
I'm not sold on the 'ravage of technology' angle. I do hope they get some really buff actors in this film!
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 04:21:33 am »
Zodak vs. He-Man, and Zodak vs. King Hsssss were some great fights. That series was defeinitely tight, I mean Hssss eating Zodak's brother? And He-Man and Randor teaming up to fight Skeletor, that was cool too.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:50:28 am »
It's all about Man-At-Arms---Mr.Wright

It's all about Teela.  :D

Yeah, I was a He-Man fan, too! ;D

But not for the same reasons everyone else was. I was into it because of the animation company---Filmation!  Most notable for:
The New Adventures of Gilligan's Island
The Brady Kids
The New Adventures of Waldo Kitty
Star Trek
Fat Albert and The Cosby Kids
Fantastic Voyage
The Groovie Ghoulies
The Archies
The New Adventures of Flash Gordon
The New Adventures of Batman
They were competitors of Hanna-Barbera on Saturday mornings back in the day but in the early eighties, Filmation got the license from Mattel to do an animated version of thier newest toyline, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe. And I think it was thier last, after that the company disappeared.

Just this weekend, I got the chance to pick up a marked-down DVD of the 10 best episodes of He-Man and The Masters of the Universe from season 1 & 2.

EDIT:

After the viewing the DVD, I'll have to say 'Evilseed' was definetly one that stood out from the rest because of its' dark humor. Written by Barry Cohen of 'Friday the 13th: Final Chapter' fame creates a villain called Evilseed who overruns Eternia with plants. Both Skeletor and He-Man are forced to fight side-by-side, and Evilseed goating over both them says sh*t like, "Behold, my sturdy tree. Behold its' strange fruit!!!"  The scene cuts to a shot pan of Battle-Cat, Man-at-Arms, Teela, the King & Queen hung by vines. Which was a direct reference to a poem written in response to the murderous lynchings in the Ante-Bellum south, later became a Billie Holiday song...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Fruit

Weird stuff...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:11:45 pm by Battle »

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 05:00:37 am »
On the radio today I heard a rumour of Brad Pitt being He-Man. Just a rumour, of course, but... I dunno.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 03:57:38 pm »
That script preview was the bomb I could actually visualize the scenes in my head! Hope it gets made

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 06:33:33 pm »
Battle, SOOO many people like EvilSeed... but i couldn't appreciate it until i was older and saw it again on DVD.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile