Author Topic: The New Warriors Thread  (Read 95857 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: The New Warriors Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2008, 07:34:36 am »
glad to have you back Yaw.
:D

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2008, 07:15:09 pm »
I'm still intrigued about where it's headed. There some really cool tech amalgamated in there. The new Thrash finally explained why he recruited ex-mutants.

which is something that should have been done during the first arc.  There have been way too many setup points and questions and nowhere near enough answers.  This series is just drifting along.  I just don't see it as compelling.

Hey, I like this book. This is one of my favorite pulls every month.

:)

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2008, 12:49:25 pm »
This book has some good points...not sure of the pacing...it's somewhere in the lukewarm area...has potential to be really good- will give it another three issues before making any final decisions.  Grevioux seems to really be in for the long haul with his style and character development....

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2008, 05:16:13 pm »
i'm enjoying the book as a whole. The pacing, I can deal with because I find each issue enjoyable, it kind of runs like a Daytime Soap opera (yes, I watch Days dammit! (but only at work....bwahaha)). The book is out on time, which is definatly a plus considering how many times Avengers or One More Day was late or whatever. It has so much stuff that keeps me drawn in, Jubilee and her character's so sudden change, the new Thrasher, I find everything about it... fresh. And that itself, keeps me tuned in.

However the moment the brutha dies...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 05:18:18 pm by RADIKAL »

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2008, 09:05:58 am »
The book is out on time, which is definatly a plus considering how many times Avengers or One More Day was late or whatever.
It's a weird thing, but when you've got writers notorious for lateness, like Morrisson, Ellis, Whedon, Bendis, it's a refreshing breaking of the stereotype that the comic industry brothers (Hudlin, McDuffie, Grevioux) seem to be the most reliable ones for getting a book out on time, month after month.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:57 am »

Which one?
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2008, 07:35:19 pm »
i'm enjoying the book as a whole. The pacing, I can deal with because I find each issue enjoyable, it kind of runs like a Daytime Soap opera (yes, I watch Days dammit! (but only at work....bwahaha)). The book is out on time, which is definatly a plus considering how many times Avengers or One More Day was late or whatever. It has so much stuff that keeps me drawn in, Jubilee and her character's so sudden change, the new Thrasher, I find everything about it... fresh. And that itself, keeps me tuned in.

I hope that one brotha dies.  The Guy who lost his sister.  I remember him from New X-Men.  That guy is lame as hell.  Bandit is cool though.  In fact Jubilee should have taken out Radian and Redneck and the book would be so much better.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2008, 08:55:50 pm »
Maybe from him losing his sister he'll actually get some kind of 'better' development than he ever did. Enough to actually make us... I dunno... care? I guess? Anyhoo, I was more pissed when they killed off Tag in New X-Men after his depowerment (even though he had the LAMEST mutant power eva!)

Me's got my fingers crossed that maybe once Jubilee gets off her high horse, and Bandit reveals himself to the team, we can get a Bandit/Jubilee pairing. The tension between the two just seems, swa-eet! That, and we already know that Jubilee has a thing for the brutha's.

Gasp! Did I go there!?! Why yes, yes I did.

Offline trence5

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2008, 08:42:42 am »
The book is out on time, which is definatly a plus considering how many times Avengers or One More Day was late or whatever.
It's a weird thing, but when you've got writers notorious for lateness, like Morrisson, Ellis, Whedon, Bendis, it's a refreshing breaking of the stereotype that the comic industry brothers (Hudlin, McDuffie, Grevioux) seem to be the most reliable ones for getting a book out on time, month after month.
I agree.  Finally I picked a series that actually comes out........... on time  ;)

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »
and we already know that Jubilee has a thing for the brutha's.

??? What black guy did she date? I was away from the X-books for many years...
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2008, 02:54:59 pm »
Well... She didn't actually date him. It was actually rather one-sided, with the exception of the time he got jealous in the Wolverine book and convinced Gen X to ambush him. Jubilee had a big thing for Everett Thomas (Synch). In the DOFP storyline, the two of them were an item. When Gen X ended, Synch and M had just got together... and then Synch was killed. A year or two later, she had something for Skin (Angelo Espinosa... though it seemed writers could never get his last name or his ethnicity correct...). He was also killed.

Jubilee hasn't had too much luck in the romance department. The way her boyfriends keep on getting killed in sh*tty and mangled storylines, she's getting to be as cursed as Wolverine.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2008, 03:51:10 pm »
jubes needs to stay away from the minority characters, then.

i hope she doesn't fall for ol' boy who just lost his sister.

ANd i think i am gonna like seeing the old new warriors storyline in this book. it's gonna be nice.

And i recently purchased issue 2-4 of Slapstick. Cool character but i always wondered why he never reverted to his regular self.
Now i know... and i think the outfit is like the symbiote suit.  The longer you're in it, the crazier you get... guess that's why he did what he did to Gauntlet.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2008, 06:43:36 pm »
Well... She didn't actually date him. It was actually rather one-sided, with the exception of the time he got jealous in the Wolverine book and convinced Gen X to ambush him. Jubilee had a big thing for Everett Thomas (Synch). In the DOFP storyline, the two of them were an item. When Gen X ended, Synch and M had just got together... and then Synch was killed. A year or two later, she had something for Skin (Angelo Espinosa... though it seemed writers could never get his last name or his ethnicity correct...). He was also killed.

Jubilee hasn't had too much luck in the romance department. The way her boyfriends keep on getting killed in sh*tty and mangled storylines, she's getting to be as cursed as Wolverine.

There's your answer; these guys aren't just dying randomly.  Wolvie's knocking them off.  Oh, it may not looked that way, but he's behind it.  No one messes with one of wolvie's "daughters".  Shoot; it's applies to his other "daughter" Kitty; Doug Ramsey died.  And the only reason Colossus and Pete Wisdom are still alive is because Colossus came back from the dead and the other Pete is as nasty as Wolvie.

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:07 pm »
You know... You may have a point. Did we REALLY see who planted those bombs that killed Synch? (I don't know... because that issue is the ONE issue I don't have...) As for Skin, he was killed off-panel. They SAY it was the Church of Humanity, but come on... Wolverine could have done it.

To be honest, I've been sick of Wolverine for a LONG time. He's f*cking everywhere.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2008, 03:29:42 pm »
that's because there are a cadre of skrulls who INSISTED that they be wolvie.
like no one would notice.
hahahahha.

skrull one: i'm nasty smelly wolverine
skrull two: i'm handome smooth talkin' wolverine
skrull three: can i be the wolverine in the yellow and brown?
skrull 4: only if i can wear the top hat.
skrull 5: hey...does this mean "I" have to go take care of Nitro in Stamford? I mean...i don't mind. It's a simple gig.