Author Topic: The New Warriors Thread  (Read 95855 times)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: The New Warriors Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2008, 01:05:08 am »
See, Bendis would never put anythnig that good in Secret Invasion!

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2008, 06:57:36 am »
 ;D 

Latest issue of New Warrriors had some good art (action scenes)....Grevioux had some good character moments and pacing in this one - still has potential.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2008, 03:54:03 am »
indeed. I can't wait for the next issue, mainly because its the end of the arch. 6 issues a trade right? I wonder how he'll wrap this story arch up.

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2008, 06:44:53 pm »
this issue's secret invasion arch seemed to be going just what I though, Bandit questioning wither or not if if the Thrasher that died during the opening shot of Civil War was his brother or not. Kind of, obvious way of direction it went, but whatever. I'm still enjoying the book as it is one of the only few Marvel books that I am collecting this days.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2008, 05:21:48 am »
Have they released a Trade-paper back of the first six (or so) issues of New Warriors?  I haven't seen it yet and my library still hasn't stocked it if it has.

KIP

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 08:52:05 pm »
the first trade, which consists of issues 1-6 is out. Has been for about three months now I think.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2008, 05:39:01 am »
SO i picked up the last issue.

New  New warriors, vs Old new warriors.

Grievox is killing it man.

Night THrasher is  almost on some pries BP sh*t.
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2008, 09:43:10 am »
i read issue 14 this morning.
this was a really good issue...one of the few that i actually enjoyed.
this issue kept NW in my pull list.
good job to all involved.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2008, 04:30:52 pm »
I'm liking Grevioux's NW so far, for the most part. I didn't know anything about them until I started reading this series, and the only reason I did was because of Grevioux.

I don't think the new New Warriors are all that flashy, but there is some nice character interaction. Night Thrasher has turned out to be an interest, complex character with layers. Now, they could use some work on the villian front. The artwork is pretty good and the stories are all right. I liked the first arc the best. The stuff after that has been so-so. But I'm sticking with the book.

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2008, 02:22:10 pm »
So, the new issue came out this Wednesday. Ever since the second arch, I'm guessing around issue 7, we all knew that the new Thrash was trying to find a way to ressurrect his bother. It was like, we knew, but it was never said  outloud until this newest issue. I have a feeling, that when is all said and done, the old Thrash will still be dead.

But then again, it would be cool to have both brothers, stand side by side in their Thrasher gear, the trench coat look that Dywane was sporting and the current, revised old look.

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2008, 06:33:20 pm »
There may be a body... and Donyell may claim it's Dwayne, but I'm not so sure.

Check out NW #5. After the medical technicians get to Sofia, there's a shadowy figure looking around the corner and presumably walking off. I'm pretty sure that is meant to be Dwayne...

But hey... I could be wrong. I personally would like to see someone really teach the New New Warriors how to fight. Jubes and Jono should definitely be better than where they are at now.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2008, 04:15:35 pm »
This book is slowly shpaing up to be one of my favorite reads each month, it started out kind of slow but the last two arcs have been beastly.     
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2008, 07:22:19 pm »
wow, sad to hear that this book is coming to a close after issue 20. It really is a good book, but in all honestly if the way Secret Invasion ends the way I think it is, the complete shut down of the SHRA, then their wont be a need for 'rebels'. But that's beside the point, the book is more than likely being canceled because of its sales.

Donyell can really be a prick, this issue defiantly showed us that, and reminded us of that (not that we need to, he has been since the reveal that he is the new Thrash), but he defiantly is motivated to do what he thinks is right. The constant tension between him and his team, especially Jubes, is swwwwwwwweet. Artwork has been pretty good as of late. Though the majority of some of the events that this book has had has been kinda predictable, I can't help but wonder just how this last arch is gonna end.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2008, 04:06:01 pm »
The original Night Thrasher is alive? Where's he been all this time?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2009, 05:45:23 pm »
Okay, so the final issue came out last week... or the week before last. I enjoyed this issue, it wrapped up everything rather nicely I must say. The art was good, but there has never been no complaints on the art on this book from me. I gots my Jubes and Donyell moment (thumbs up Kev! Good looking out!) Sad to see the book having to come to an end, but with Dark Reign going on... I really don't see a reason for this New Warriors team to continue. And judging from the latest issue of Avengers Inititive, Donyell is donning the Thrasher armor once more fighting alongside the remaining original New Warriors.

Man, I hope that Thrasher could get his own book.

Quote from: Open palm
The original Night Thrasher is alive? Where's he been all this time?

Nope, he's still dead. However, from the last few issues of this book, the Warriors were thrown into a possible future where the original Thrasher had returned to life, thus leaving the possibility of Dwayne returning eventually.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:48:21 pm by BLANKS!!! »