Author Topic: The New Warriors Thread  (Read 34514 times)

Sunjata

Re: The New Warriors Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 11:04:34 am »
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=117312

New Warriors #1 Sells Out @ Diamond

Press Release

Marvel is happy to announce that New Warriors #1 has sold out at Diamond (though copies may still be available at the retail level), signaling a triumphant return of Marvel’s fan favorite super hero team. Writer Kevin Grievoux and artist Paco Medina’s Initiative tie-in, New Warriors #1, re-imagines the young Marvel team and positions them against Iron Man’s pro-registration regime. The series also features the enigmatic resurrection of former New Warriors leader, Night Thrasher, and the return of a few fan-favorite former mutants who are struggling to live without powers in the post-Civil War world.

"We're thrilled by the news," says Executive Editor Axel Alonso. "All the guys -- Kevin, Paco, Juan and Marte -- all brought their passion and their A-game to the book, and I think it shows."

Richard George of IGN.com calls New Warriors #1 a “must read,” stating. “The characters are incredible and Paco Medina's art is astonishing…This could very well be the next Young Avengers or Runaways.”

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 01:09:42 am »
From the review:
I wanted to hate this; I really wanted to hate this.
Is this just not a quintessential fanboy comment? 'I think this will suck, I want it to suck, and I will keep buying it so I can bitch about how much it sucks.'

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Sunjata

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 06:18:14 am »
From the review:
I wanted to hate this; I really wanted to hate this.
Is this just not a quintessential fanboy comment? 'I think this will suck, I want it to suck, and I will keep buying it so I can bitch about how much it sucks.'
I think the guy was really pissed at how the New Warriors were handled during the Civil War.  I don't know that I blame him because if I was a big New Warriors fan I probably would of been upset.  Now the New Warriors are one of the foundations in which the post Civil War Marvel Universe is built upon and they may become more popular than ever before.  I think this guy saw that fact when he actually read the comic.   

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:12:03 am »
too bad this isn't an animated series..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Rasmane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 07:55:26 pm »
Kudos to Grievioux for not making this anything like Underworld.

Gimme a break. ::) The dude's obviously got more than one story in him...

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 05:12:48 am »
O.K. So now we know how the ex-mutants can still use superpowers. Now who saw that coming?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Sunjata

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 06:55:24 am »
After that terrific issue number #1, the second kind of drags and really doesn’t reveal much except what Open Palm stated in his post.  The characterization and art where still top notch but I was hoping for more from this issue.  I am getting the feeling that it may take many issues before we are finally introduced to the whole team and can start to get to know them.   

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 09:58:09 am »
I kind of like the slow build up. I cant wait to see where all of this heads.

Sunjata

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 06:45:57 am »
Art from New Warriors #3 from Comics Continuum
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0707/12/firsts.htm
New Warriors #3 will arrive in stores on August 1 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Kevin Grevious, with art by Paco Medina and a cover by Nic Klein.

Here's how Marvel describes the issue:

"Sofia and Wondra face off as the New Warriors respond to Tony Stark's offer of amnesty. But will they accept or reject it? Meanwhile, Detectives Sykes and Givens uncover a shocking mystery about the death of the original New Warriors, and a former member may hold the key. Plus, Wolverine shows up...and he ain't happy!"

New Warriors #3 will be 32 pages and will cost $2.99.

May Contain Spoilers!!!!!!
Possible Spoilers!!!

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 06:15:39 pm »
Holy sh*t! Jubilee's the one who shrunk the Gray Gargoyle!? :D
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 04:16:24 am »
i don't think Night Trasher is the real one. There is too much anticipation leading us on thinking that its the real Thrasher.

The new Trasher is white. I'm calling it now, lol!

Offline masigl4179

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 10:43:49 am »
I want this new Night Thrasher to be the original Night Thrasher and I'm hoping it will come true since a brother is writing this title.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 02:45:47 pm »
I want this new Night Thrasher to be the original Night Thrasher and I'm hoping it will come true since a brother is writing this title.

My money is on it being the original Night Thrasher.

Sunjata

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 02:47:49 pm »

My money is on it being the original Night Thrasher.
I hope so.  I also hope they reveal him soon.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 05:54:44 pm »
same here, I hope so to. But i read a description of the character rouster on an CBR article (or was it newsrama?) that the only black character of color on the team was gonna be female. I'm hoping that Trasher is the same guy, but dammit... i dunno. Hope I'm wrong.

Edit. Okay, maybe I am wrong. I just found this cover for issue 5 of New Warriors. Looks like Trasher is a brutha to me.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0707/17/newwarriors5.jpg
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:33:56 pm by BLANKS!!! »