Author Topic: The New Warriors Thread  (Read 35822 times)

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
Re: The New Warriors Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 05:54:51 pm »
i don't think Night Trasher is the real one. There is too much anticipation leading us on thinking that its the real Thrasher.

The new Trasher is white. I'm calling it now, lol!

That's what I was thinking when I saw him at the end of the issue
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 02:58:20 am »
It would be interesting if the brotha writing this story decides not to make Night Thrasher a brotha. Then again, he might not have a choice as Marvel editorial may have already made the decision for him. At any rate, I too am ready for him to be unmasked so we know for sure.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 10:43:45 am by Evasive_1 »

Sunjata

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 09:17:23 am »
Guys, after reading the "First Look" of New Warriors #3 provided by Comics Continuum, I am really starting to believe that BP may be funding the New Warriors.  If you don't mind SPOILERS check out the preview by following the link and scrolling down.  You can also check out some of the other previews.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0707/27/marvelfirsts.htm

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 10:51:07 am »
Damn. I'm glad I decided to pick up this title. This is probably going to end up one of my favorite books this year if the wriing and art keeps up at this pace.  :)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:33 pm »
I always knew Jubilee would grow bigger boobs than Shadowcat.  :)

O.K. Maybe the Night Thrasher at Stamford was a Skrull. Or maybe that was a doppleganger.

Or the remains are faked, and the real one was teleported away after the explosion. If so, why didn't Ngiht Thrasher tell anyone he's still alive? Was it to avoid the hysteria that claimed Speedball? Would Night Thrasher have bailed out on his friends like that?

Curiouser and curiouser.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007, 07:06:39 am »

That was my first thought, lol! I love that five/six issue mini-series that Jubilee had that was written by Kirkman. (Well, maybe I am biased because she 'was' with a brutha, haha! But yeah, those boobs grew real quick. A result of HoM? Hmm..... this needs further investigating.

Ha! I'm not right.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2007, 11:33:51 am »

That was my first thought, lol! I love that five/six issue mini-series that Jubilee had that was written by Kirkman. (Well, maybe I am biased because she 'was' with a brutha, haha! But yeah, those boobs grew real quick. A result of HoM? Hmm..... this needs further investigating.

Ha! I'm not right.

We are on different pages cause, while I love Kirkman and Jubilee, I hated the series...lasted 2 issues before I dropped it.

I do think it is strange that after being such a huge part of the x-men and loving them like family for so long, she has little to do with them these days.  You'd think that after M Day, she'd go back and help them out and see if everyone is ok, etc.

Or am I crazy  :P

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2007, 01:12:10 pm »
You missed the main point of my post, Jubilee was with the brutha. The brutha! Got to show the support for the BRUTHA!!!!!

Lol, like I said, I'm not that right. ;D

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2007, 01:40:15 pm »
You missed the main point of my post, Jubilee was with the brutha. The brutha! Got to show the support for the BRUTHA!!!!!

She did have a thing for Synch remember...I see a trend

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2007, 07:33:29 pm »
somebody get this man's email and inform him of this breaking development! Jubilee likes the brutha's!

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 10:07:44 am »

She did have a thing for Synch remember...I see a trend

if you glance at her most recent miniseries you will see that her love interest is yet again a Black man out in LA.  There is a X-Men Unlimited story where she takes interest in a white skateboarder dude but he brushes her off and calles her a mutie.  I guess he scarred her for life.  :P 

Sunjata

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 11:37:47 am »
Did you guys every see the anime movie “Otaku No Video”?  In between the animated story of fan obsession are interviews with weird fixated anime fans discussing how much they love female anime characters.  You guys are starting to creep me out like the fans interviewed in that movie.  ;D   

Now let me go watch my "Dirty Pair" DVDs.  Love that Kei and Yuri.  ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 05:01:46 am »
Guys, after reading the "First Look" of New Warriors #3 provided by Comics Continuum, I am really starting to believe that BP may be funding the New Warriors.

I hope that doesn't turn out to be true, bc this sends BP in a direction that I really don't want to see.  If Black Panther is supporting New Warriors, that makes him a "an enemy of the United States" and puts him on the level of the CIA doing things people don't like. 

Right now, the SHRA is law and is the new status quo at Marvel and it is supported by the majority of Americans (per Marvel's management).  For BP to support New Warriors in a finacial and or technological way, means he--a foreign power--is actively trying to destabolize the United States (and yes, that's exactly what New Warriors is about--rebellion). (This is especially true when with his public face he is working with the FF, a team that is under SHRA now and then he supports a team that is not only not-registered but actively acting against it.) 

This isn't the same as during Civil War when the direction of Marvel was in question.  We now know.  As far as Marvel is concerned SHRA is a good thing and it is the direction of the MU for the time being.  (And let's face it, the logic of the anti-registration heroes hasn't actually made a whole lot of sense either, esp. for the New Avengers.)  [Now, i'm not saying I like the SHRA, but it's the new status quo.]

If this is found out, (and even if it is not), BP has just justified US action against Wakanda.  It would make it impossible to have BP operating in the US--overtly, like on the FF.  He has done something that the US gov't would not simply ignore and I for one don't care to read for "REAL" US/Wakanda war or conflict.  Poltical manuevering can be a fun read--direct opposition has implications that would send BP in a direction i'd rather not see.

Sunjata

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 08:01:31 am »
Very good points.  If BP is funding the NW, he is playing a very dangerous game. 

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 08:14:50 am »
Did you guys every see the anime movie “Otaku No Video”?  In between the animated story of fan obsession are interviews with weird fixated anime fans discussing how much they love female anime characters.  You guys are starting to creep me out like the fans interviewed in that movie.  ;D   

Now let me go watch my "Dirty Pair" DVDs.  Love that Kei and Yuri.  ;)

I've got a copy of "Otaku no Video".  :) The fact that we're speculating this much proves how well Kevin has grabbed our attention.  :D

Have fun with the Dirty Pair. You know that Yuri becomes the mother of Crusher Joe?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?