Author Topic: The Dark Knight (Batman)  (Read 28684 times)

Sunjata

The Dark Knight (Batman)
« on: June 15, 2007, 06:43:56 am »

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Re: The Dark Knight (Batman)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 07:33:00 am »
I like the fact that they redesigned the cowl...it's even more realistic now since he can swivel his head.  You know the old ones really were a liability in a fight.

Here's the pic for those of us who are hyperlink challenged! ;D

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 06:41:57 pm »
I still prefer the Batman Returns version. This latest one is too sci-fi. The BB version looked like a Sith Lord.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 12:42:29 am »
Knowing the bros. returning to direct and taking up the writing duties, all of that tech stuff on the suit should be thoroughly explained and have a purpose.  The cowl from the first one was ok with me.  It looks like BM has a hook now.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 09:15:29 am »
I hope Morgan Freeman still gets some good screentime..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Sunjata

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 05:41:33 pm »
I hope Morgan Freeman still gets some good screentime..
I agree.  I thought Freeman was great in the first movie. 

I like the new costume.  Looks cool to me.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 11:46:10 pm »
Some website called him Bat-Tron. Ouch.  :D
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Sunjata

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 04:01:50 am »
Introducing the Batpod!!!!

From the Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-batpod18jun18,1,6225112.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews&ctrack=1&cset=true

Wholly high-tech, Batman
There's a wild new two-wheeler in the Batcave for 2008's 'Dark Knight.'
By Susan Carpenter
Times Staff Writer

June 18, 2007

Yes, it's ridable. You just have to be a little bit crazy and entirely French to do it.

Specifically, you need to be Jean-Pierre Goy, the stunt rider who's spent the last few months jumping Batman's newest batbike at some top-secret location in England to prep for next summer's Bruce Wayne caper, "The Dark Knight," starring Christian Bale as the caped one.

Goy is the only person who's ridden the new Batpod — a bike so outrageous it's hard to believe it was even built. It's not just because it's tricked out with grappling hooks, cannons and machine guns. The front and rear tires are both a monstrously huge 508 millimeters, and the engines are in the hubs of each wheel. Steering isn't by hand but by shoulder, since there aren't handlebars. Instead, there are shields that fit each arm like sleeves and have the ability to rotate around the bike's frame. The two foot pegs are set 3 1/2 feet apart on either side of the tank, which the rider lies on, belly down.

That tank also moves up and down — you know, in case Batman needs to dodge bullets or slide under semis.

And you know he will.

Lucius Fox, gadget guru for Wayne Enterprises' Applied Sciences division (played by Morgan Freeman), is the guy who came up with the idea. At least he is in the movie.

The real man behind the machine is Nathan Crowley, creator of the Batmobile for Warners Bros. 2005 hit, "Batman Begins."

"The way we make films is we build things for real. We try and not rely on visual effects," said Crowley, who, in the end, had the easier job in making the bike come to life.

It was Chris Corbould who had to build the thing.

"I thought there was no chance we'd actually achieve it," Corbould said. "[Director] Chris Nolan and Nathan went for the look of it rather than thinking about the mechanics. That was the biggest challenge: Get their vision, but make it work and perform."

Not just once but several times. There are actually six Batpods, in case one or several are crashed during filming, which is likely.

Corbould wouldn't say what sort of engine was used for the slick gray-and-silver Batpod, just that it's "high performance." Nor would he give its top speed, except to say it's "very fast."

And the cost?

"I can't tell you that," Courbould said, laughing. "I haven't even told the producers."

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 11:03:27 pm »
Oooooh, I like the new B-Mobile, but  I don't know about that thing.  Looks like a deformed John Deere riding mower.

C'mon Sun, don't unearth too much stuff, man, I still want to be surprised in the theater, dude.

Sunjata

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 02:55:26 am »
C'mon Sun, don't unearth too much stuff, man, I still want to be surprised in the theater, dude.
I can’t help myself.  I have some strange sickness that compels me to seek out information on upcoming sci-fi and comic book projects.  Pity me.  :)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:54:27 pm »
that bike is kinda hot 2 me.

hehehehehe...
real life comic book like vehicles...come 2 life.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Sunjata

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 09:05:54 am »
From Mania.com
http://www.mania.com/55264.html

DARK KNIGHT Gambles With Spawn

By: Jarrod Sarafin, News Editor
Source: MTV
Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A new actor has been cast in the next edition of BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT. Actually, it goes a little beyond that from what the reports are saying. Michael Jai White (SPAWN) has been cast as a character named "Gamble" in the next adventure of the Caped Crusader. This character is an official DC character that has never appeared in the Batman comics before but from what people are saying, he may be possibly getting a recurring role in future Batman comics. Enough so that they give him a name like Gamble I guess.

I won't go into detail here because there were actually some spoilers included in this news story over at MTV. Producers Emma Thomas and Chuck Roven actually tell us in this link what Gamble's role will be in the film and when he comes into play. Obviously, it's not a big spoiler but still, some people would prefer to stay away from any story details.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/07/03/spawn-star-takes-a-gamble-on-dark-knight-role/

Sunjata

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 04:27:01 pm »
There will be a 5 minute preview of The Dark Knight attached to the IMAX edition of I AM LEGEND.

http://www.mania.com/56396.html

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 06:31:32 pm »
From Mania.com
http://www.mania.com/55264.html

DARK KNIGHT Gambles With Spawn

By: Jarrod Sarafin, News Editor
Source: MTV
Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A new actor has been cast in the next edition of BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT. Actually, it goes a little beyond that from what the reports are saying. Michael Jai White (SPAWN) has been cast as a character named "Gamble" in the next adventure of the Caped Crusader. This character is an official DC character that has never appeared in the Batman comics before but from what people are saying, he may be possibly getting a recurring role in future Batman comics. Enough so that they give him a name like Gamble I guess.

I won't go into detail here because there were actually some spoilers included in this news story over at MTV. Producers Emma Thomas and Chuck Roven actually tell us in this link what Gamble's role will be in the film and when he comes into play. Obviously, it's not a big spoiler but still, some people would prefer to stay away from any story details.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/07/03/spawn-star-takes-a-gamble-on-dark-knight-role/

They've got him credited as the voice behind the animated Green Lantern and Doomsday.  I thought Phil Lamarr voiced the Lantern?

I hope he gets signif face time, although why they couldn't have cast him as Harvey Dent is beyond me?

???

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 07:40:59 pm »
Probably the same reason why they didn't cast a black dude for Jim Gordon.