Author Topic: The Dark Knight (Batman)  (Read 28649 times)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: The Dark Knight (Batman)
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2008, 07:35:49 am »
Or after the school bus he would have chased the Joker through a saw mill then asked,"Do you feel lucky, punk?". Then bang!
OK, OK, whatevs. I'm just saying that, despite the 'do I look like someone with a plan' line, the Joker's main strength is to leave everyone chasing shadows because of his unpredictability, and Batman's the only one who can even get close to anticipating him.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2008, 09:20:59 am »
I wonder if there is any Joker footage that hit the cutting room floor that could be used in the next movie for a cameo...kind of like how the new Superman had unused Marlon Brando footage.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2008, 07:31:24 pm »
OK, saw batman dark knight.  I don't think it was as "dark" as some have made it out to be, but the Joker came across more as a movie villain sociopath then as the Joker to me.  The violence, they tended to cut the camera away before you saw the violence
happening.  it's like they kept the pulling very close to R rating and jumped back.

I think the first was better, but maybe after I see it again later, I will more enjoy it.  I can't quite get my head around it.  Was it deep, or just took a long time to get to the point?  The point that anyone can be driven to the point of madness, or not?  I mean, that was Joker's point, but ... like I said, still trying to wrap my head around it.

So, I need to see it again--was it truly a twist and turns show, or just gritty, dirty good guy vs bad buy movie.

(and batman killed dogs!?!?!)

There were times when Batman was interacting with Gordon (in the bank vault) that the costume looked very "not believable".

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2008, 10:20:30 pm »
(and batman killed dogs!?!?!)

There were times when Batman was interacting with Gordon (in the bank vault) that the costume looked very "not believable".

Having watched it on IMAX I can say that costume does not look good up close. As for the dogs, well, the Hulk fought gamma dogs, and Batman can fight rottweillers.   ;D
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2008, 11:45:55 pm »
I can't exactly down this film (plus I'm trying to find good in MOST things these days anyway) but I wasn't exactly blown away.  I thought the acting was very good, no one acted like "hey, this is a comic book movie" but the dialogue felt quite wordy and procedural, but I understand, Batman's the world's greatest detective.  I found myself wanting more moments, memorable moments (like when I first saw Matrix - that flick has the most breathtaking moments) and I found myself yearning for more breathtaking moments.  I feel like others here, this is quite  an accomplishment for comic films but I didn't see the bar exactly being...raised.  Maybe it just got replaced with a shiny new bar but located in the same place where (again, like someone here said) Spiderman 2 set it a few years back.   I'd have to say somewhere between 7-8/10 for me.

...ooh.. imagine if Nolan were to do a Punisher film.. 2.5 hours long.. going up against jigsaw.. get garth ennis to write..

I'd like the Nolans to do this pic, but please, not Garth Ennis.  His early stuff=greatness but unless he's returned to writing like that oncemore, I thought his later (latest stuff) was kinda derivative and mostly boring.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:08:44 pm by Mr.Wright »

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2008, 09:50:26 am »
Have not seen this one yet (busy keeping up with working 5 jobs simultaneously)...will try again this coming weekend.  Hope it lives up to the hype.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2008, 09:52:51 am »
I would like to see what Nolan could do with Daredevil

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2008, 10:08:15 am »
I'd like to see what Michael Mann could do with the Punisher.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2008, 11:33:29 am »
I'd like to see what Michael Mann could do with the Punisher.

Mann and Punisher? 

That could be very interesting. 

Lot of hand-held, cam-corder action, with blood spatter directly onto the lens kind of stuff. 

I can see it ;D

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2008, 12:08:50 pm »
Man!  Could you imagine a Heat style climactic shootout?  That would kick all types of ass! 

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2008, 09:53:37 am »
...I'm glad to see Morgan Freeman is doing better (also hope the same for his companion)..

... I want to see Moran play Uncle S'Yan in the Panther live-action film..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2008, 08:58:22 am »
Good movie...not as good as the first in its dark overtones but definitely on a par with Spiderman II....Spidey has the edge cause the character is an everyday type and not a billionaire playboy.  Good acting was apparent throughout this film and the psychotic tone of The Joker was on point...Batman at the end (of the movie) was classic and true to the character down to the bone.

wgreason

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2008, 04:31:00 am »
cosign Stanley ...

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2008, 08:55:30 am »
Saw it a second time last night...watching a movie in IMAX is such a pleasure....glad to know more movies are going to be shot and released in that format. 

Heath really deserves a nomination.  I found the whole movie just as much fun the second time.