Author Topic: The Dark Knight (Batman)  (Read 28683 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Knight (Batman)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 03:56:24 am »
Alright. That's a creepy, wrinkled, old Joker.  :o

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6554
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Sunjata

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 08:17:46 am »
I am also really looking forward to this movie.  I hope it equals or surpasses the quality of Batman Begins.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 01:26:59 pm »
hopefully there are several violent fight scenes with Batman and Joker this time.. in the Keaton movie, it was extremely one-sided..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 10:30:45 pm »
how can this guy possibly beat Batman  hand-to-hand? 

They are simply going to have to make him so off-the-wall, that Bats has NO clue what's coming next.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 06:45:52 am »
how can this guy possibly beat Batman  hand-to-hand? 

They are simply going to have to make him so off-the-wall, that Bats has NO clue what's coming next.

Acid! Spray acid into his eyes!  ;D
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Sunjata

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:32 pm »
Joker hires men to do his fighting.  He will only throw down if cornered and he uses dirty tricks inspire by his insanity.  The Joker considers himself an artist of mayhem not a brawler.  This is the way I like Joker portrayed.   

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 01:25:50 am »
No! Acid! Must use acid! Err! Arrghh!

Getting back to subject. This Bat picture does not help gain my confidence.  :-[ Bat-Tron anybody?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6587

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 01:25:46 pm »
Joker hires men to do his fighting.  He will only throw down if cornered and he uses dirty tricks inspire by his insanity.  The Joker considers himself an artist of mayhem not a brawler.  This is the way I like Joker portrayed.   

You know what?  From the teaser, that sounds exactly like the way they are trying to go!  But the pics I've seen show him not afraid to put the knife to an unarmed lady..  I wonder if they'll play down the insanity in favor of harkening back to the jokers early, early portrayals..

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 07:22:19 pm »
http://www.atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm  :-\

It's still not doing anything for me.  :-\ I'm half-expecting a Charles Bronson or Dirty Harry response to the Joker's yapping. Maybe John McClain will pop up and give him a 'yippee kaiyay, mofo!'.  :P

Who else thinks the face off at the street is another nod to Burton's Batman?

Sunjata

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:03 pm »
I think the trailer looks great!  The Batcycle (Batpod) looks cool!  This Joker is sinister and insane.  I am looking forward to this film.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:50 pm »
I think the trailer looks great!  The Batcycle (Batpod) looks cool!  This Joker is sinister and insane.  I am looking forward to this film.

Maybe it's because I watched Grindhouse last night.  :D I can't shake this notion that this Joker deserves a response a la Bronson ou Dirty Harry. Bang!

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 11:48:30 pm »
I was wondering how Heath Ledger was going to do the Joker. But, after seeing the trailer in the theaters today. I actually think he might give Jack Nicholson a run for his money. That was the only really decent thing that came out of that Tim Burton flick anyway.

Yeah. I can't wait for this film to come out!  :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:51:27 pm by Evasive_1 »

Sunjata

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 01:07:39 pm »
I was wondering how Heath Ledger was going to do the Joker. But, after seeing the trailer in the theaters today. I actually think he might give Jack Nicholson a run for his money. That was the only really decent thing that came out of that Tim Burton flick anyway.
I am also not a fan of the Burton directed and produced series of Bat films.  But I do think Jack Nicholson’s Joker and Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman were pretty good. 

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007, 08:59:41 am »
"...the only thing we found in his pockets were knives and lint.."

How can you NOT love that trailer??

This Joker actually looks like he could throw a punch, too.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:30:46 pm by moor »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 06:10:15 pm »
He looks like he can bomb people too. I hope we get lots of that.