Author Topic: Hank Pym is alive?  (Read 6584 times)

Offline bmagee

• View Profile
Hank Pym is alive?
« on: July 26, 2006, 05:58:20 am »
It's so good to see HEF back up and running.

I was reading Civil War 3 and just noticed Hank Pym fighting the Black Golaith. Last time I saw him was in the prequel to HoM where he was killed by Scarlett Witch along with Hawkeye. Hank Pym's death was also confirmed during the pages of the Young Avengers through his daughter's backstories. Anybody know what's up that all of a sudden Hank Pym is alive? Maybe I missed something out?

Ben

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Hank Pym is alive?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 06:08:58 am »
It's so good to see HEF back up and running.

I was reading Civil War 3 and just noticed Hank Pym fighting the Black Golaith. Last time I saw him was in the prequel to HoM where he was killed by Scarlett Witch along with Hawkeye. Hank Pym's death was also confirmed during the pages of the Young Avengers through his daughter's backstories. Anybody know what's up that all of a sudden Hank Pym is alive? Maybe I missed something out?

Ben

That was Scott Lang, the second Ant-man and father of Cassie/Stature, who died.  Hank hasn't adopted the Ant-Man identity since the mid-70s and that was because Ultron erased his memory.  Scott Lang adopted the Ant-Man identity in a Marvel Premiere issue 47 and 48 from the late 70s.

Offline ward

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:11:49 am »
That was ant man you saw die but it wasn't hank pym.  There was a second ant man named scott lane or something like that.  hank pym has been alive and well the whole time.  just not heard from.

Offline bmagee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:14:55 am »
Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.

Ben