Author Topic: MMA Reality Show on BET. Looking for fighters.  (Read 6095 times)

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
MMA Reality Show on BET. Looking for fighters.
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:23:13 pm »
http://www.zilo.com/the-iron-ring/

THE IRON RINGTM       

Zilo Networks subsidiary Zilo Live, Inc. - in association with The Warrington Hudlin Organization - is currently producing The Iron Ring, a new reality series that will air on Viacom's BET later this spring. The shows follow A-List hip-hop celebrities in New York and Los Angeles as they put together professional mixed martial arts fight teams that will then compete in a round robin fight tournament.

The Iron Ring draws on the experience of Zilo Co-Founders and Executive Producers David Isaacs and Campbell McLaren, two of the creators of the pay-per-view phenomenon The Ultimate Fighting Championships®. Executive Producer Warrington Hudlin, best known as the producer of the popular feature films House Party and Boomerang, and more recently for his Webby Award-winning work on the Internet, is also a high-ranking martial arts practitioner.

If you are interested in being a competitor on the Iron Ring, click here to download the Iron Ring fighter application or click here to email or call us at 212.997.0505 x316. Otherwise, please check this page regularly for updates.

IRON RING NEWS:

CALL FOR FIGHTERS

Are you a mixed martial artist?
Are you ready to take it to the next level?

MAN UP! It's time to show what you've got.

We are producing the Iron Ring, a new reality series that will air on BET later this spring. We are following hip-hop celebrities in New York (tryouts already completed), Atlanta, Miami and Los Angeles as they put together professional MMA fight teams that will then compete in the Iron Ring live event finale.
Need more? The total prize money exceeds $100,000.

If you think you've got what it takes to fight like a warrior in the Iron Ring and stand side-by-side with superstars like Ludacris, Juelz Santana and Jim Jones from the Dipset Crew, Eddie Griffin and Snoop Dogg, then contact us.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: MMA Reality Show on BET. Looking for fighters.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 05:19:02 pm »
wow. I'd need to go back in training for at least 1 year to even THINK about being ready...

Maybe next season...  ;D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:25:25 pm »
y'all remember when reggie reg dropped that lil' hint about this back in the day.

:D

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 02:26:22 am »
Has anyone told Supreme?

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 01:46:59 pm »
wow. I'd need to go back in training for at least 1 year to even THINK about being ready...

Maybe next season...  ;D

we'll cheer you on, Sam!

(I'd need to train for a year and get some kind of waiver that allowed me the use of a bat..  ;) )
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:02:03 pm »
Has anyone told Supreme?

I sent him a message.  Heh. We could train together, HEF FOI represent.  (sigh)  Raz maybe, I'd need to loose at least 100 lbs, thanks for the confidence though...

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 01:58:02 am »
So, would you fight under the name 'Sam Wilson', or just 'Falcon'? Or just 'Sammy Pimpslap'?

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline True Father Sankofa

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 05:58:50 am »
Sweet!
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 08:17:51 pm »
Just saw this...and I somehow never got your message,big Sam,lol.I'm one year from my purple belt in bjj,and once I get that? Nobody's stopping me.I am ALMOST ready to storm everyone.I could PROBABLY do it NOW,but I will DEFINITELY do it later...and later,I know I will win.

So I am leaning towards "later"...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 05:41:16 pm »
Just saw this...and I somehow never got your message,big Sam,lol.I'm one year from my purple belt in bjj,and once I get that? Nobody's stopping me.I am ALMOST ready to storm everyone.I could PROBABLY do it NOW,but I will DEFINITELY do it later...and later,I know I will win.

So I am leaning towards "later"...

word.  You should come here to ATL for a minute and roll with some of my boys at alliance, one of their black belts is a brother and my hommie.  I can get you some mat time no problem...

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 05:56:11 pm »
You guys still looking for fighters? A friend of mine has a good looking son that I hear is really good at all that "cage fighting" stuff.