Author Topic: BALDWIN HILLS  (Read 50963 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: BALDWIN HILLS
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 10:23:50 am »
uh, thanks for the zip code.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 01:31:16 pm »
a lot of guests are lookin' at this thread today.

was there a commercial for the new season on tv today?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 09:04:31 pm »
Wow, really?

I will admit, I've seen a rough cut of the first episode of season two.

BANGING.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2008, 06:03:42 am »
that's all i needed to know reggie reg.

and yes, really.
over 5 ppl at the same time.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:00 pm »
I've (actually my daughter) has recruited new dedicated members to the show. It's funny to see and hear the opinions of the people who have lived in the neighborhood for 30+ years who didn't know about the show.

Who's idea was it to change the intro of who lives in the hood? I really like it ;)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 04:39:28 pm »
I've (actually my daughter) has recruited new dedicated members to the show. It's funny to see and hear the opinions of the people who have lived in the neighborhood for 30+ years who didn't know about the show.

Who's idea was it to change the intro of who lives in the hood? I really like it ;)

You're not fooling anyone, you are the person pushing the troublemaker and her sister to jump the model. I'm watching you! 8)

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2008, 10:42:16 pm »
Reg, I watched the last episode I know how it ends tell  me you you're not going there!

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 01:34:18 pm »
I had a heated convo about this show last night at a party. It was very interesting to hear the different takes on the show. I think those who live in the area are feeling a little less now then those who don't vs those from a different state. Age group had nothing to do with it. "Baldwin Hills" had rash of home invasion robberies etc. People of BH feel they just live not "rich" lives etc (except for the yellow patina) everyone knows everyone etc.etc.etc. and Fingers where pointed at well I just say someone who's on the as what ? Producer? who should know better....
I couldn't believe we branched into a whole BET convo with your permission Reg, I would like to share some of it with you.

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2008, 11:14:17 pm »
Because you HEFFA's went on so about this show I started to DVR it.

I'm writing now 'cause I'm watching Waiting to Exhale this minute and I just saw Lela Rochon.

She was on one episode and she looked...well, let's just say different.  My dreams came crashing down, back to reality!

The show is pretty good, even though some of the kids seem a little out of touch with reality, but I guess I understand, this IS their reality.  I have to remind myself of this from time-to-time.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2008, 10:00:43 am »
I would love to hear about the convos you are having Cheriel. 

I love the show.  Just for Justin confronting his dad and coming to reconcilliation after him trying to get the young mother to forgive those who killed her child's father.  The fact that her dad would even organize such an event.  Moriah getting the lecture from his dad about dealing with legacy.  C'mon, what do people want?

rh

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:21 pm »
Finally saw the marathon for this season. Great work. I can't relate to the kids for a lot of reasons but I did feel sympathetic to their issues. I would love to see a spin off Reg that looks at the Black elite from the Hamptons that guy wrote about a few years ago. Can't remember the name.

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:06 pm »
It's so funny to me how much my daughter loves the show. She even wanted to change schools this semester because of Baldwin Hills. I find that kinda funny (ironic).

Before she left to Hawaii she was on the phone calling her grandparents to make they didn't miss it. So we often talk about the different areas where things are filmed etc. Things that aren't known to world but I know like where my favorite champagne truffles come from, so I've had that same mocha scene same place.
The march was wonderful and tree planting ... I watch, I don't miss a show. Thanx! to my child I know them better than you. But after back to back grown folk talk I can understand what little twist maybe would give even more of a boost. I will drop you a note now that you ok'd it.  ;)

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2009, 05:56:21 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has watched the new season. Opinions, thoughts...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 07:41:39 am »
I was wondering if anyone has watched the new season. Opinions, thoughts...

Well, if I could afford cable television or even digital t.v. I could probably tell you! ;D

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2010, 01:07:10 pm »
Believe or not a new season is starting. I believe it's now 4. It had been off for such a long while I thought it had been dropped. But they made a few tweaks.

We will see...