Author Topic: The best music video ever  (Read 9558 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: The best music video ever
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 09:30:02 am »
I am looking forward in watching BET animation; to see how a % of Blacks act in real life developed in animation as in this video presentation just rubbed me the wrong way.  I feel the beat, the message Read a book, brush your teeth, etc..... it was just knowing and viewing how a % of our family (family I mean Black folk) lifestyle is the way it was shown in the video. 

I would say that this video maybe is one of the most real life protrait video ever.  Just my POV. we all will agree and/or disagree. 

I love it because it's the most shocking thing you can say...tell people to drink water and read a book. 

On the real Reg...we gotta be in LARGE TROUBLE if we can SHOCK people by telling them to drink water and read a book.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 11:03:13 am »
I heard the song (by an indie artist), thought it should be on rotation on BET, so I had my animation department do a video for it, and now it's in rotation.

Do more!
Do MORE!
DO MORE!
PLEASE DO MORE!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline tarhaka

• View Profile
    • The Black Comic Book Web Portal
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 03:12:17 pm »
Hey!!! they played it on 106&park!!!

Excellant job Reggie!!!

Keep up the good work.

Nuff Respect!!!!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:44 pm »
I heard the song (by an indie artist), thought it should be on rotation on BET, so I had my animation department do a video for it, and now it's in rotation.

Do more!
Do MORE!
DO MORE!
PLEASE DO MORE!

Heh heh heh...the next one is already in the works....wait til you see it....

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49:18 pm »
Hey!!! they played it on 106&park!!!

Excellant job Reggie!!!

Keep up the good work.

Nuff Respect!!!!

thank you.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:02 am »
Delay of Fame

Bomani “D’mite” Armah knew his satirical rap “Read a Book” would be a hit when he wrote it. So why did he shelve it for so long?

By Sufiya Abdur-Rahman
Posted: August 29, 2007

Almost immediately, it’s clear that the video for “Read a Book,” Bomani “D’mite” Armah’s chant-style rap, isn’t like Black Entertainment Television’s usual offerings: In it, a group of faceless, pink-spandex-clad cartoon dancers forcefully thrust their ample booties up and down to the beat, with the letters b-o jiggling on one butt cheek and o-k on the other.

“Not a sports page/Not a magazine/But a book, nigga/A f*ckin’ book nigga, yeah,” Armah screams, mimicking Lil Jon. He goes on to demand that listeners raise their kids, wear deodorant, and buy property rather than spinning rims.

Armah, a 29-year-old Mitchellville, Md., native now living in Petworth, recorded “Read a Book” three years ago,

Read the rest, N*****!:http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=2435

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй