Author Topic: New Star Trek Rumor  (Read 25687 times)

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Star Trek Rumor
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2009, 04:36:28 pm »
So have you seen this argument;  if you liked Spock and Uhuru as a couple, then, well, you're anti-woman because you reduced her to a boy toy.  But if you don't like it, you're racist.  How is that for embracing Gene Rodenberry's vision?

The couple thing doesn't bother me but I read several reviews before seeing the flick that commented on Uhura's "expanded role". She didn't really do much besides be Spock's girl.
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2009, 09:29:37 am »
I think the relationship between Spock and Uhura in the movie is counter-balanced by Kirk's friskyness with the green woman; No one objected to a white girl sprayed with green hue when it's a white guy with pointy ears, there's beef? 

Shaddap and enjoy the movie!
By the way, on a scale of 1 to 5, I give Star Trek a 3.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2009, 08:25:01 pm »
Star Trek 2;  should it be;  re-envisioning an old villain or creating an all new-one?  Or no villain at all, but a mystery, a puzzle, such as Star Trek 4 (and even 1) was?

I'd prefer the third, if done right, or if you have to have a bad guy, then I'd go for all new villain.  (And NO Borg!)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2009, 05:02:48 am »
All new villain.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2009, 02:09:59 pm »
I wouldn't mind them making the Romulans the go-to bad guys like the Klingons have been in previous TOS movies. I think its way past time to see their culture fleshed out more.

That being said, I would also like more attention placed on the Tholians and Gorn. I don't think an all new villain or species is needed, when you have those guys who haven't really been fleshed out. Doing so would be new to old fans and new fans alike. Using the Orion Syndicate as bad guys would be cool too, and different for a Trek film.

As for individuals, I always wanted to see more of Garth of Izar. I think he could be a Khan-like villain for the new films without them trying to recast Khan, which I wouldn't care for.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2009, 02:57:09 pm »
I don't think an all new villain or species is needed, when you have those guys who haven't really been fleshed out. Doing so would be new to old fans and new fans alike.

True.

As for individuals, I always wanted to see more of Garth of Izar. I think he could be a Khan-like villain for the new films without them trying to recast Khan, which I wouldn't care for.

Agreed.