Author Topic: McDuffie's JLA Thread.  (Read 48571 times)

Sunjata

McDuffie's JLA Thread.
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:37:39 am »
Blu, can you make this a sticky so we will have a special thread to discuss McDuffie's upcoming JLA run?

Newsarma has a preview of the next week's JLA Wedding Special #1 which is McDuffie’s premiere as the new JLA writer. 

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Sept07/previews/wedding.html

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: McDuffie's JLA Thread.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 06:30:21 pm »
This is gonna be BLAZIN,ya know? I really really look forward to this,and I'm not really a DC guy...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Sunjata

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 07:30:38 pm »
I am not a DC guy either.  The only DC heroes I really like are Batman and John Stewart.  I guest I kind of like Vixen also.  I loved the Justice League animated series.  I am hoping that the McDuffie magic will give me a DC title that I can really enjoy.

Mike Mckone's art for the wedding special really looks great.  I never heard of him before.

Sunjata

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 07:59:44 pm »
Just read at NEWSARAMA that it has been announced at Baltimore Comic-Con on Saturday that Firestorm will be in JLA.  Here is the quote from the NEWSARAMA report.  You can follow the link below to read the whole report.

DiDio confirmed that Dwayne McDuffie will be bringing Firestorm to Justice League of America.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128569

I never got into the new Firestorm series.  Do you guys think this is a good move?

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 01:42:54 am »
Just read at NEWSARAMA that it has been announced at Baltimore Comic-Con on Saturday that Firestorm will be in JLA.  Here is the quote from the NEWSARAMA report.  You can follow the link below to read the whole report.

DiDio confirmed that Dwayne McDuffie will be bringing Firestorm to Justice League of America.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=128569

I never got into the new Firestorm series.  Do you guys think this is a good move?

I'm glad to hear Firestorm is still under MCDuffie's pen. To answer your question, yes, I think it is a good move.

I collected the Firestorm series with Jason Rouche as the new Firestorm. It really was blase for most of the run until McDuffie took over for the last six or so. He turned that series around to the point it almost didn't make sense DC canceled it. He should have been writing Firestorm from the start. If so, that series would still be active. Check out the last couple of issues by McDuffie if you can. He pretty much was on his way to making Firestorm into an "A-lister". He also proved that Firestorm is really one of the most powerful DC characters (which is actually what McDuffie said he wanted to do). I am glad he is going to be part of the JLA.

Damn, John Stewart (Green Lantern), Jefferson Pierce (Black Lightning), Jason Rouche (Firestrom) and Mara (Vixen)! When has the JLA (or any comic line up for that matter) had so much color in it before? The fanbratti are going to be rioting in the streets soon! :D

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 07:37:16 am »
I didn't care for the new JLA series at all, but now that it is confirmed that Firestorm is going to be an active character again, I guess I have no choice but to fork over the dough to collect the JLA now! Firestorm was the only DC book I collected aside from the ION mini.

Let the fanbratti show their true colors. (get it, the joke, huh, huh? Okay, I'll stop...)

Online Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 10:59:46 am »
.. cheetah looks sexier than ever.. much better than the silver-age cheetah-skin outfit.. hmm.. catfight between Tigra & Cheetah.. mmm..  :-*
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 12:29:15 pm »
stickied. :)

Sunjata

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 04:55:39 pm »

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: McDuffie's JLA Thread
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 12:30:40 pm »
Just read the Wedding Special and McDuffie brought Firestorm to life (he has so much more going on personality wise here & power wise he is smarter).  Where's Black Ligtning?  Green Lantern (John Stewart) finally gets a chance to get some action!  Great start on the series- loved the scene with Batman silently looking at Roy- priceless.

Sunjata

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 02:49:11 pm »
Oh Man it sounds great!  I am having a busy week and will not be able to pick it up until tomorrow.  I might not get a chance to read it until Friday or later this weekend but I will post my thoughts afterwards.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 04:24:15 pm »
Word? Firestorm's in the issue? Now i must buy.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 04:35:01 pm »
Oh Man it sounds great!  I am having a busy week and will not be able to pick it up until tomorrow.  I might not get a chance to read it until Friday or later this weekend but I will post my thoughts afterwards.
Cosign. I am away at a conference in FL. I won't be able to pick up this issue until I get back home.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 07:55:39 pm »
If Lex Luther is so smart, why does he keep including the Joker in the Injustice League...it never works out well for him?

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 06:51:36 am »
I haven't read an Injustice Gang story since Morrison's early JLA run, but, IIRC the last time their plot fizzled, it wasn't Joker's doing..

I vaguely remember Bruce Wayne bribing one of the lesser members (Mirror Master?) and initiating a hostile takeover of LexCorp holdings??