Author Topic: McDuffie's JLA Thread.  (Read 48480 times)

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: McDuffie's JLA Thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 07:21:41 pm »
I also like how he got Batman to not only compliment Firestorm on his increasing experience, but he also stated Firestorm was possibly one the most powerful beings on the planet.

Hell, the dude can turn anything into anything. Plenty powerful.

Sunjata

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 05:30:10 am »
I finally got some time to read the Wedding Special.  It is a great kick off to McDuffie’s run!  The dialogue between Hal and John was priceless.  I am not very familiar with the new Firestorm but he seems like a very interesting character.  I will probably follow Evasive_1 suggesting and pick up the McDuffie scripted issues of the Firestorm series.

I really liked how McDuffie seems to be starting off by going back to the basics with fun superheroes vs. supervillians smackdowns.  With John on the team and McDuffie writing I will now be purchasing this title.         

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 12:56:21 pm »
Just read issue #13 and it was a great follow-up to the Wedding Special.  John Stewart's Green Lantern leads a squad, Black Lightning returns with a bang and some funny dialogue, Vixen gains new powers or a new way to use her old power and Batman comes off as one of the coolest guys around.  Hats off to Mr. McDuffie!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 06:10:11 am by stanleyballard »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 07:19:02 pm »
Just read issue #13 and it was a great follw-up to the Wedding Special.  John Stewart's Green Lantern leads a squad, Black Lightning returns with a bang and some funny dialogue, Vixen gains new powers or a new way to use her old power and Batman comes off as one of the coolest guys around.  Hats off to Mr. McDuffie!

Yeah, totally enjoyed that issue.  This JLA is fast becoming my favorite title right now; at least favorite team title.

(Just a slight note, Vixen's new power/or take on her powers originated with the previous writer around five or six issues ago.)

Sunjata

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 07:51:04 pm »
JLA is also becoming one of my favorite titles.  Right away John takes up a leadership position just like he had in the animated series.  The dialogue between him and Black Lightning was great!  All the team interaction was written well.  We also get some wonderful slam bang action.  I am loving this!!!  I think that McDuffie may surpass the great run he is having on FF with JLA.  This seems like the title he was born to write.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 09:52:50 am »
JLA is also becoming one of my favorite titles.  Right away John takes up a leadership position just like he had in the animated series.  The dialogue between him and Black Lightning was great!  All the team interaction was written well.  We also get some wonderful slam bang action.  I am loving this!!!  I think that McDuffie may surpass the great run he is having on FF with JLA.  This seems like the title he was born to write.
the next issue can't come out too soon..
side note-- I'm really in the dark about most of DC's villains.. who is Fatality?  Shadow Thief?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Sunjata

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 10:28:11 am »
the next issue can't come out too soon..
side note-- I'm really in the dark about most of DC's villains.. who is Fatality?  Shadow Thief?
Since I am not a big DC fan, I also didn’t recognized many of the Dc Villains but it didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the tale.  I do know Shadow Thief because he appeared in Justice League Unlimited animated show.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 12:54:10 pm »
Am I in the minority by liking the business man evil lex rather than the robot suit wearing evil lex?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 04:11:21 pm »
Am I in the minority by liking the business man evil lex rather than the robot suit wearing evil lex?

There's at least two of us.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 04:15:15 pm »

Fatality is the only survivor of a planet that John failed to save from exploding due to his arrogance in Cosmic Odyssey. She first appeared during Kyle Raynor's time as Green Lantern. She was hunting and killing every Green Lantern she could find as revenge.

The only thing I know about Shadow Theif is he is a Hawkman villain. The tech that he gets his powers from comes from Thanagar (Hawkman's planet).

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 05:06:29 pm »
this was a fab issue. My only complaint... no Firestorm, but hey, it was so packed full of everything else, I had temporary forgotten about Firestorm. At least now I have another DC book to add to my pull list, one where I know our characters will get the spot light that they deserve.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 10:58:40 pm »

Three of us.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 01:49:46 pm »

Three of us.

FOUR!!!!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 06:29:00 pm »

Three of us.

FOUR!!!!

Make that a quintuplet!!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:17 pm »

Three of us.

FOUR!!!!

Make that a quintuplet!!

hmm, after thinking about it, I can seeing using the armor from time to time, but Buisness Suit Lex is better.