Author Topic: McDuffie's JLA Thread.  (Read 147153 times)

Sunjata

Re: McDuffie's JLA Thread.
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2007, 06:43:52 am »
Read the latest last night.  McDuffie’s characterizations were wonderful.  I was a bit disappointed that the story was so short and really an introduction to a tale that will continue in another series that I have no desire to read. 

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2007, 12:07:50 pm »
Why do you have no desire to read this series? As you said, it was an introduction to McDuffie taking over the reins of the book and asserting his writing style. He added two more black characters to the roster that truly increases the diversity of the team (of course it would be nice to if their was other ethnicities on the team too). Added to that both those characters were on their way to limbo from the cancellation of their solo series until McDuffie cams and made the characters actually worth reading. Also he writes all the characters pretty well. The series is good. I was following it awhile when it came back, under the previous writers and I almost dropped it too. Now that McDuffie's writing it, I think the quality has skyrocketed.

Anyway, to each his own. Maybe you'll decide to come back one day had give it another try. Hopefully it will be able to satisfy you interests then.

Sunjata

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2007, 12:30:53 pm »
Why do you have no desire to read this series? As you said, it was an introduction to McDuffie taking over the reins of the book and asserting his writing style. He added two more black characters to the roster that truly increases the diversity of the team (of course it would be nice to if their was other ethnicities on the team too). Added to that both those characters were on their way to limbo from the cancellation of their solo series until McDuffie cams and made the characters actually worth reading. Also he writes all the characters pretty well. The series is good. I was following it awhile when it came back, under the previous writers and I almost dropped it too. Now that McDuffie's writing it, I think the quality has skyrocketed.

Anyway, to each his own. Maybe you'll decide to come back one day had give it another try. Hopefully it will be able to satisfy you interests then.

No no no no no no dude!  You misunderstood me.  I am not saying that I don’t want to continue reading Mcduffie’s JLA.  I love McDuffie’s JLA!  I was saying that I had no interest in reading the continuation of the story that starts in JLA #16.  That story continues in Tangent: Superman's Reign #1 which goes on sale in March.  That is the book I have no interest in.   

Offline PFunk

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2007, 05:03:47 pm »
Personally I think McDuffie's JLA is great (it got me to pick up the book again).  However there seems to be some real hating going on about his JLA run on various MB's.  Especially the Newsrama one.

Sheesh it's starting to look like shades of BP again.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2007, 05:21:44 pm »
Why do you have no desire to read this series? As you said, it was an introduction to McDuffie taking over the reins of the book and asserting his writing style. He added two more black characters to the roster that truly increases the diversity of the team (of course it would be nice to if their was other ethnicities on the team too). Added to that both those characters were on their way to limbo from the cancellation of their solo series until McDuffie came and made the characters actually worth reading. Also he writes all the characters pretty well. The series is good. I was following it awhile when it came back, under the previous writers and I almost dropped it too. Now that McDuffie's writing it, I think the quality has skyrocketed.

No no no no no no dude!  You misunderstood me.  I am not saying that I don’t want to continue reading Mcduffie’s JLA.  I love McDuffie’s JLA!  I was saying that I had no interest in reading the continuation of the story that starts in JLA #16.  That story continues in Tangent: Superman's Reign #1 which goes on sale in March.  That is the book I have no interest in.   

Sorry, dude. I was trying to bash your opinion or anything. I was just curious as to why it seemed you weren't going to read JLA. I didn't get that you were talking about this other series.

My bad. :)

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2007, 05:42:27 pm »
McDuffie is doing a better job than Meltzer (hands down)...the stories are not dragging & there is stronger dialogue and characterization between the entire team....McDuffie may not be a big name in the comic world but he is one hell of a good writer!

Sunjata

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2007, 07:54:16 am »
Sorry, dude. I was trying to bash your opinion or anything. I was just curious as to why it seemed you weren't going to read JLA. I didn't get that you were talking about this other series.

My bad. :)
No problem.  It’s all good bro.

Sunjata

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2008, 01:29:02 pm »
Mcduffie Updates The Justice League Lineup
http://comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12692

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2008, 07:35:38 am »
man, i need to start watchin' ben 10 again...:)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2008, 02:36:12 pm »
I was thinking; hasn't the screwing with Vixen's powers started after the JLA battled AMAZO?  The robot absorbs the powers and skills of others and now, Vixen is doing the same?  Maybe she's aquired his power?

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2008, 12:31:45 am »
Ok, Issue 17 while more of a prelude issue, was worth it for the backup story alone...  I've got WAY more questions about Vixen now!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2008, 07:07:52 am »
Ok, Issue 17 while more of a prelude issue, was worth it for the backup story alone...  I've got WAY more questions about Vixen now!

I'm not sure I like the ability to mimic "non super abilities," but I'll give it a shot.  Will she become one of the world's best detectives if she steals from Batman?

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2008, 06:24:51 am »
Read it & want to see where this story goes with Vixen....

Sunjata

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2008, 06:15:54 pm »
McDuffie is back writing JLA solo!  Cool!!!  8)

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #20
Written by Dwayne McDuffie
Art and cover by Ethan Van Sciver
The Flash has not been answering his JLA signal, so now he has to answer to Wonder Woman! But first they have to survive an attack by the Queen Bee and her new drones from the H.I.V.E in a story that only superstar artist Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern: Rebirth) could bring to life!
On sale April 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2008, 08:02:34 am »
McDuffie is back writing JLA solo!  Cool!!!  8)

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #20
Written by Dwayne McDuffie
Art and cover by Ethan Van Sciver
The Flash has not been answering his JLA signal, so now he has to answer to Wonder Woman! But first they have to survive an attack by the Queen Bee and her new drones from the H.I.V.E in a story that only superstar artist Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern: Rebirth) could bring to life!
On sale April 23 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Ethan Van Sciver quickly became one of my favs.