Author Topic: Damn, Reggie, why do you hate Black people SO DAMN MUCH!!!??  (Read 43619 times)

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Damn, Reggie, why do you hate Black people SO DAMN MUCH!!!??
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:35:44 am »
From What About Our Daughters (yes, she's back)
The intent of the messenger sometimes is MORE important than the message. You see Bob Johnson admitted that he was a multimedia crack dealer and was in it for the paper and nothing but the paper, but this new crew, their M.O. is to try to hide behind giving Black folks "a book learning" while engaging in their fantasies that working class Black folks are stupid and Black women are animals put here for their own entertainment. Am I the only one that has picked up on that?

So let's be clear. Debra Lee... Hates Black people, Black women in particular. Reginald Hudlin... Black people hater, middle and working class Black people in particular. Stephen Hill..Hates Black people. Now all executives at BET might not HATE Black folks, but they are indifferent and that is just as bad. If they were not indifferent, they would not work there in the same way that I am not going to ever do work that violates my core principals and beliefs.

The Klan believes you and your children are inferior. Debra Lee and her executive team believe you and your children are inferior and stupid. Did I mention they think Black folks are stupid? While Debra Lee would not dirty her hands to drag you out of your home and hang you from a tree( I HOPE), Debbie would drive by the tree you and your kids are hanging from and keep going on her way to the country club. Then she would let Regional Hudlin turn the story of your tragic death into a cartoon with a catchy beat, after all, that's the only way "weeze ig'nant BAMAs can get a book learnin.'"

Let's review the record shall we:

BET Execs reject video as "too intelligent for our audience."
BET Airs BET Uncut; promoting violence against Black women and taking the degradation and objectification of Black women to new cable television lows.
Reginald Hudlin says that the only way the BET audience can absorb a socially relevant message is through laughter, rhythm, and humiliation.
BET offers up "Read a Book" again, under the guise that the BAMAS can only absorb information encapsulated within rhythm, laughter, and humiliation and it is a bonus if they can laugh at the exaggerated anatomy of Black women in the process. THAT is just GRAVY to the folks that brought us BET Uncut.

Sorry, trying to keep from laughing here...

Anyway, on a slightly more serious note, I saw the pretty pathetic CNN report on RAB, and was wondering how come Reggie and Denys Cowan delcined their invitiation to appear? The writer and director of the video represented themselves perfectly well, but I was curious.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Damn, Reggie, why do you hate Black people SO DAMN MUCH!!!??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:50:12 am »
That woman is disconnected from reality.   One of the first things Debra Lee did when she took the reins of BET is to cancel BET UNCUT.  And she won't acknowledge it because it undermines her rant.

Yes, the director of the animated short and creator of the song were intelligent and well spoken...too bad the "moderator" was anything but.  That was the most biased piece of reporting I've seen in a while.  The low point had to be when the director was saying how he, like a lot of kids grew up reading MAD and CRACKED, so don't presume kids don't understand satire...and "host" jumps in and threatens to cut his mike off.

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07:03 am »
I never watched BET and just glancing through the site I glanced at this. There are many people who see bad things about Berry Gordy's MoTown but it is fair to say that he elevated the culture, through no fault of his own.

Seems the same can't be said of BET.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:07:36 am »
man Reggie...
how u gonna bring back UnCut and not tell anybody?

8)

obviously she's watching bet to see "read a book" but why does she gotta lie about UnCut.  everyone knows that show isn't on and when it was you had to stay up late to watch it... kinda like red shoe diaries on showtime.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:40:51 am »
That woman is disconnected from reality.   One of the first things Debra Lee did when she took the reins of BET is to cancel BET UNCUT.  And she won't acknowledge it because it undermines her rant.

Yes, the director of the animated short and creator of the song were intelligent and well spoken...too bad the "moderator" was anything but.  That was the most biased piece of reporting I've seen in a while.  The low point had to be when the director was saying how he, like a lot of kids grew up reading MAD and CRACKED, so don't presume kids don't understand satire...and "host" jumps in and threatens to cut his mike off.
Yeah, it did seem like he'd have been happier with 10 minutes just to give all of the answers he already had to his own questions.

Still, how come you didn't appear yourself? Was it cause the moderator was Black and you just HATED HIM TOO DAMN MUCH? ;)

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 07:57:32 am »
Malcolm X,  Richard Pryor and Jonathan Swift could have appeared in support of READ A BOOK and it would not have made a difference.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 08:14:23 am »
Malcolm X,  Richard Pryor and Jonathan Swift could have appeared in support of READ A BOOK and it would not have made a difference.
OK, you just didn't feel like spending 20 minutes pissing into the wind? Fair enough.

-Harriet Tubman

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 08:38:48 am »

;D

Had a Richard Pryor done RAB in skit form, she'd of called him a genius for it.

I find it sadly amusing that Black folk protesting other Black folk on the Internet is now a cottage industry. You're wrong, BET's wrong, Dunbar Villiage is wrong and the NAACP is wrong.  

As a substitute for positive action (or any action at all for that matter) it kinda lacks something. Like a point.  

You'd have to be pretty damned dense not to see RAB as pretty broad satire. And no different than the kind of humor seen on Boondocks, really.

Does anybody sane consider the intent of this to be totally educational in nature?

I mean, its not a PSA like "I Hanker for A Hunk Of Cheese" was.  

brotherkomrade

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 08:46:33 am »
It is ashame that he or other execs when attacked, don't defend themselves; right or wrong, their positions need to be made clear. CNN needed a head whacking on that set-up piece though with the hand picked middle-class moralist droning on and on about something so clear; the video is a satire aimed at two things; the stupid club music that passes off as black top 40 radio play and the intellectual downward spiral in our community as a result of parents not taking a hand in their children's reading. The problem with WAOD, and the other reactionaries of the so-called 'Black Blogosphere' with this video is that they, as always are more obsessed with public (white) perception than the actual roots of the ills of the community. You can stop multi-billion-dollar media monster like Viacom for grinding out the sexist, racist crap but what about the misogyny in the heads of our people?
when and how do we tackle that? I suspect a simplistic answer from (and one that mirrors Gina's charge to Hudlin) where Gina believes that the way to cure misogyny is through the media. Real activism and community work is required of that, but you know that she, like the rest of the reactionary members of the black bourgeoisie (Afronerd, Cobb,etc.) don't want to get their hands dirty like that.
Talkin' to ni--az 'bout sexism? Sheeeeit, I might get shot!"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:50:18 am by brotherkomrade »

brotherkomrade

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:59:17 am »
I see your point Reggie, about it not making a difference, but remember, you're not trying to win over the host of that show (who was an ass and doing a horrible job of imitating the FOX News idiot-hosts (pick a name and fill in the blank), but the viewing audience off both, CNN AND the viewers of viral vidoe on the Internet.
I'm sure Michael Morre knew what he was getting into when he got on CNN back in July with Wolf Blitzer, and he still  owned Wolfie, Gupta, AND CNN.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »
It's time for this woman to get exposed. McCaulley is an anti Black eugenicist who describes Black men as being Damged beyond Repair aka DBR and the majority of Black women as being genetically inferior. To this point " The New Martin Luther King" came up with the term Melineated to differentiate herself from the common inferior Black women.

This self-hating, delusional FASOOM leader is the one telling Reggie and Debra Lee that they hate Black people. If she pops up on national TV and her background doesn't get exposed something is really wrong. 

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 01:48:32 pm »
does anyone have the CNN report on RAB? I would like to see it.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 01:55:02 pm »
McCaulley is an anti Black eugenicist who describes Black men as being Damaged beyond Repair aka DBR and the majority of Black women as being genetically inferior.

Exactly. This would be unbelievable if it weren't true. Clayton Bigsby come to life.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 02:01:14 pm »
McCaulley is an anti Black eugenicist who describes Black men as being Damaged beyond Repair aka DBR and the majority of Black women as being genetically inferior.

Exactly. This would be unbelievable if it weren't true. Clayton Bigsby come to life.

My thoughts exactly, Curtis.  This woman is the basest of the base.  A person that self hates to a degree that warps her sanity and her very perception of self and self worth.  She's so busy spewing this idiocy to her  "followers" that she and they can't see how stupid and damaging it is.  I'm not angry at her, I feel pity for her than anything else, because she was obviously and irrevocably damaged by someone in her past to make her so bitter, twisted and self-loathing. 

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:07:11 pm »
does anyone have the CNN report on RAB? I would like to see it.

Part 1

Part 2

-Harriet Tubman