Author Topic: Damn, Reggie, why do you hate Black people SO DAMN MUCH!!!??  (Read 44352 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Damn, Reggie, why do you hate Black people SO DAMN MUCH!!!??
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 03:05:02 pm »
Hm. :-\
Didja check out how the CNN video report began in the first link with prompts to a children's demographic program comparing Sesame Street, Electric Co. (which btw, Morgan Freeman was just a young, bushy-eye, recurring extra!) and Schoolhouse Rock to BET's 18-34 old demographic? ???

Boy, those geniuses at CNN are critiquing that BET caters to the lowest of the low Common Denominator? ;D
For shame, Tony Harris...! :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:12:08 pm by Battle »

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 03:57:33 pm »
Sigh. I don't get it. Well I do but I don't understand why black folks spend so much energy fighting themselves when clearly there are bigger dangers to us and definitely more dangers then BET. Hell if BET is such an issue turn the channel. HBO with its new shows showing dicks on cable gets a pass but rap top ten does not.

* have yall peeped that new hbo show. :D folks were getting laid every 30 seconds.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 05:53:28 pm »
It was said before:  Banning a song or video is an easy win.  Actually fixing sexism, education, low self-esteem...now that's hard.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 07:48:09 pm »
Hmmmmm....I agree with the outraged parents.  (somewhat)

The song on it's own is kind'a offensive.
It's that kick'ass animation that elevates it to genius!

Bring on more!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 08:00:37 pm »
Glad you like it, but I gotta disagree with you about the song.  Once I heard "not a sports page, not a magazine" I knew it was genius.  And "buy some land, f*ck spinning rims" is magnificient.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 08:13:44 pm »
Well.....if I'ma park my child in front of the TV for hours on end, I fully expect that kid to come away well-educated, physically fit and socially responsible!  Don't you parents agree?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 08:40:49 pm »
Thanks for the link.

I have never seen Harris in this pompous and condescending manner ever on CNN. I will have to look at his demeanor during other segments and interviews before I say what I really think he is. Though from the looks of it he could be McCaulley's soulmate if he were not a damged beyond repair Black man of course.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 02:15:30 am »
Well.....if I'ma park my child in front of the TV for hours on end, I fully expect that kid to come away well-educated, physically fit and socially responsible!  Don't you parents agree?
:D ;D

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 06:00:01 am »
Read a Book is the SHIZNIT!!!

if you go to my myspace page (www.myspace.com/arvellpoe) , you'll see the video.
My wife and I love it!!

Bid 'em in is good, but it is too heavy.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline zeraze

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 08:42:05 pm »
It's time for this woman to get exposed. McCaulley is an anti Black eugenicist who describes Black men as being Damged beyond Repair aka DBR and the majority of Black women as being genetically inferior. To this point " The New Martin Luther King" came up with the term Melineated to differentiate herself from the common inferior Black women.

This self-hating, delusional FASOOM leader is the one telling Reggie and Debra Lee that they hate Black people. If she pops up on national TV and her background doesn't get exposed something is really wrong. 

Where's the link on her background?

Just curious.

zeraze
"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time."

- Terry Tempest Williams

Offline zeraze

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 08:44:36 pm »
Didja check out how the CNN video report began in the first link with prompts to a children's demographic program comparing Sesame Street, Electric Co. (which btw, Morgan Freeman was just a young, bushy-eye, recurring extra!) and Schoolhouse Rock to BET's 18-34 old demographic? ???

Boy, those geniuses at CNN are critiquing that BET caters to the lowest of the low Common Denominator? ;D

To be fair, wasn't there a link of HEF to an article before Read a Book's debut that called it a PSA a la Schoolhouse Rock?

zeraze
"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time."

- Terry Tempest Williams

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 08:49:04 pm »
It's time for this woman to get exposed. McCaulley is an anti Black eugenicist who describes Black men as being Damged beyond Repair aka DBR and the majority of Black women as being genetically inferior. To this point " The New Martin Luther King" came up with the term Melineated to differentiate herself from the common inferior Black women.

This self-hating, delusional FASOOM leader is the one telling Reggie and Debra Lee that they hate Black people. If she pops up on national TV and her background doesn't get exposed something is really wrong. 

Just curious.

zeraze

I think it's in the old HGM thread.

Offline zeraze

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 08:56:57 pm »

Just curious.

zeraze

I think it's in the old HGM thread.

Don't see it.

zeraze

- Terry Tempest Williams

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 09:10:41 pm »
Page 5 lower half of the page. You will see the entire exchange.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 06:53:38 am »

To be fair, wasn't there a link of HEF to an article before Read a Book's debut that called it a PSA a la Schoolhouse Rock?

zeraze

I haven't read the link, my virtual friend however, I should have been more clear...

You can parody any kind material by borrowing a creative technique to help make a point. Every creative layer of 'Read a Book' from the key drawings, the sound, the subject matter... everything...used devices we're all familiar with to bring it to 'life'. That's what the creators of the 'Read a Book' short was doing; subliminal advertising ...from an African-American point-of-view.

The CNN report wasn't just comparing an entirely different age demographic (5-14 yr olds) but a an entirely different era (the 70s) giving the impression that the animated short was intended for children. That's what I didn't understand.

EDITED for clarity
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:13:05 am by Battle »