Author Topic: The New FALL SEASON for BET. Where's Somebodies?  (Read 14064 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
The New FALL SEASON for BET. Where's Somebodies?
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:06:47 am »
Here it is... the Fall Season Lineup for BET.
It looks good.
All i want to know is... WHERE IS SOMEBODIES?? ???   ???  ???

BET Networks Announces Latest Premiere Dates for Its Jam-Packed Fall Line-Up of Returning Favorites and Fresh New Original Programming

8 New Specials and Series to Launch This Fall on BET

NEW YORK, Sept. 10 -- This fall, BET brings viewers a plethora of new, original series and returning favorites:

ORIGINAL SERIES

HIP HOP VS. AMERICA

Premiering: Part I Tuesday, September 25 at 8PM* Part II Wednesday, September 26 at 8PM* Part III Wednesday, September 26 at 9PM* on BETonBlast.com

Hip-hop culture and controversy have always made for familiar bedfellows. Yet, in the wake of the Imus controversy, hip-hop finds itself under an exceptional amount of scrutiny. BET NEWS takes a powerful and compelling look at the state of hip-hop today in a three-part series titled HIP HOP VS. AMERICA. Hosted by BET's own Toure and Jeff Johnson, this special showcases a candid, heated forum that will allow audiences to hear the opinions of prominent leaders in the hip-hop industry, the political realm, academia and the Black church. Hip-hop recording artists Nelly, T.I., Mike Jones, MC Lyte, Master P. and the legendary Chuck D; top journalists Keith Boykin, Diane Weathers, Jeff Chang, Farai Chideya, Kim Osorio and New York Daily News columnist Stanley Crouch; filmmaker and cultural critic Nelson George; Judge Mablean Ephraim; former video vixens Melyssa Ford and Karrine Steffans; music executives Valeisha Butterfield and Benny Boom; ministers Conrad Tillard, Pastor A. R. Bernard; professor Dr. Michael Eric Dyson; and Reverend Al Sharpton lead the lists of outspoken panelists who take the stage and share their point of view on hip-hop.

SUNDAY BEST

Premiering: Tuesday, October 2 at 8PM*

Building on the success of Celebration of Gospel, BET introduces SUNDAY BEST, a nationwide search for America's next great gospel singer. Hosted by platinum-selling artist Kirk Franklin, BET's SUNDAY BEST will scour the country at storefront churches, parishes and mega-churches looking for the best undiscovered singers in America. Grammy Award-winning gospel superstars Bebe Winans and dynamic singing duo Mary Mary will judge the contestants each week while also nurturing the talented singers. The top five finalists will be coached by artists from the gospel and secular worlds as they strive to win the SUNDAY BEST title. The winner will receive a recording contract, a Toyota Camry, as well as cash and prizes for their home church.

EXALTED!

Premiering: Tuesday, October 2, at 9PM*

BET takes a look into the complex lives of inspirational leaders in this biography series profiling ministers from around the country. Some of these strong religious figures lead mega-churches, advise the President, and comfort the sick and destitute. BET's EXALTED! goes beyond the public image to reveal the human side of these men and women to discover why they chose to follow this path, what sacrifices they made and the struggles they've encountered along the way.

COLLEGE HILL: INTERNS

Premiering: New night! - Tuesday, October 23 at 10PM*

Following the success of COLLEGE HILL 4, the highest-rated series in BET history, COLLEGE HILL: INTERNS, an exciting new spin-off, will follow 10 college students from around the country who move to Chicago to participate in a summer internship. While juggling their professional responsibilities and late night partying, these college students will learn the harsh reality of what it means to hold down a job. Dr. Ian Smith, host of BET's MEET THE FAITH, serves as their advisor.

RETURNING SERIES

BOBBY JONES GOSPEL

Premiering: Sunday, September 9 at 9PM*

BOBBY JONES GOSPEL continues to be one of the highest-rated and longest- running shows on BET. This hour-long program, hosted by popular gospel entertainer Bobby Jones, gets viewers in the spirit with gospel artists and choirs from around the country. Watch the show and be blessed!

AMERICAN GANGSTER 2

Premiering: New night! Wednesday, October 3 at 10PM*

Narrated by award-winning actor Ving Rhames, the critically acclaimed AMERICAN GANGSTER returns for a second season with 10 all-new episodes chronicling the life and times of some of African-America's most notorious crime figures. Some of this season's profiles include Larry Hoover, The Black Philly Mafia and Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, as well as an exclusive interview with Frank Lucas, the real-life character that Denzel Washington portrays in the upcoming film "American Gangster."

BET HIP-HOP AWARDS 2007

Premiering: Wednesday, October 17 at 8PM*

More than a musical style, hip-hop is a history of American culture and a testimony by its artists of their life experiences. BET shocked "Hotlanta" on November 15, 2006 with its first HIP-HOP AWARDS, which drew a whopping 3.64 million viewers (2.93 rating) and was the #1 primetime telecast in all of cable television that night. This year's HIP-HOP AWARDS will be an electrifying homage to the genre of hip-hop, and viewers won't want to miss the off-the-hook performances and appearances by the biggest names in the game.

KEYSHIA COLE 2: THE WAY IT IS

Premiering: New night! Tuesday, October 30 at 10:30PM*

The sophomore season of the hit reality series documents the life of platinum-selling R&B songstress Keyshia Cole. In KEYSHIA COLE 2: THE WAY IT IS, BET takes viewers on an exclusive, behind-the-scenes journey of Keyshia's personal growth and challenges, including her efforts to rebuild an already strained relationship with her mother.

About BET Networks

BET Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 85 million households according to Nielsen Media Research, and can be seen in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of businesses extensions: BET.com, a leading internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; BET Digital Networks - BET J, BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Mobile, a service venture into the lucrative world of ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, an extension of BET network programming for global distribution.

**ALL TIMES ET/PT

http://www.bet.com

SOURCE BET Networks
http://www.bet.com

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The New FALL SEASON for BET. Where's Somebodies?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:33:52 am »
SOMEBODIES is coming.  The scripts are hilarious.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:47:45 am »
whew!

thanx reggie reg!
i was startin' to worry.

I can't wait to see my UGA Alums on the all new all different BET!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:42:56 pm »
I am really looking forward to Hip Hop vs America but I hate the fact that Karrine Steffans is being given a platform for her ho handbook cottage industry. I will overlook this since my pastor A.R. Bernard will be a part of the show.

EXALTED- will be beyond interesting given the recent circumstances surrounding Juanita Bynum. Pastor Bernard not so subtely referenced her in the past 2 sermons and it would be intriguing to have them both on Meet The Faith.

Keyshia Cole 2- I don't think I have been more impressed with an artist personal story and ultimate victory as I am with keyshia Cole. To have a crack addicted mother who abandoned her, to living with an alcoholic sister involved in prostitution to then become a platinum singer/songwriter is a remarkable feat.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 08:42:17 pm »
so tru about keyshia.

okay, answer this question about her:  IS SHE THICK?
i've been debating this with one of my 21 year employees.

i saw yes and he says no.
we both agree that she's top heavy, but i say that she has a thickness about her lower half and he says she's skinny.

can someone help us?
we're sufferin'.   :-[

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:43 am »
Keyshia isn't thick she is just INCREDIBLY blessed in the chest region. She seems pretty petite everywhere else. She is not skinny though he BET awards outfit proved that.

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 05:10:15 pm »
I'm glad American Gangster is back. Will there be a profile on Bumpy Johnson? I would like to see one on him.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 07:58:15 am »
Keyshia isn't thick she is just INCREDIBLY blessed in the chest region. She seems pretty petite everywhere else. She is not skinny though he BET awards outfit proved that.

This is accurate.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Looks like a Spring debut
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:02:42 am »
Somebody To Be: UGA Grad To Make Television Debut
by Chris Flippo
01/19/2008

Starting next spring, UGA’s own Hadjii Hand will make his television debut in a show based off his award-winning film, Somebodies (2006). A coming of age story about a man facing the threat of post-college life, the film was shot last year on minuscule budget around the Athens- Clarke County area. The film went on to several festivals, including Sundance, and received an enthusiastic response from the audiences. Now, as the production date for the show draws closer, Athens Exchange met with Hadjii to talk about the upcoming project.
AE: Tell us a little bit about the process of turning the film into a television series. Was it more difficult than getting the film made?

HH: Oh, it was definitely easier to get the movie made. The movie was actually intended to be a pilot for the show and what happened was my agent sent a copy of the film to Reginald Hudlin, the President of Entertainment at BET. He watched the movie and called me up to congratulate me, because he really enjoyed it, and being a filmmaker himself (Boomerang, House Party, Ladies Man, etc.) he said he just wanted to congratulate me one filmmaker to another. Which tripped me out, because he’s directed some of my favorite films and I’ve directed, well... one. Then he told me about his situation with BET and he thought we should do something together. Then one thing led to another and I eventually told him about the Somebodies television series and there you have it.
AE: When will the show premiere, and how many episodes have been ordered?

HH: BET’s ordered ten episodes, and I think the plan is to use the BET awards to launch the show which takes place sometime in June. So the show will probably begin airing in late June/early July.

So there you have it. Complete article here.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 11:14:35 am »
thanks for the article.
i'm proud of brother Hajii.
I'm lookin' forward to the premiere of this show and i hope he has all 10 eps already written.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 02:36:18 pm »
Did you guys like the commercial for "Somebodies?"

Did it pique your curiousity about the show?

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 07:11:10 pm »
I second the vote for getting rid of Ms. Steffans. I think a hard hitting doc about streetwalkers and what an ugly life it is would be better than two seconds of that vapid bed hopping strumpet talking about anything.

Ms. Cole is, indeed, thick. And thank god.

Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 02:08:45 pm »
I need to support ol boy since he is from around the way. Can we see the film presented at Sundance anywhere?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 05:11:31 pm »
Hmm...
yes and no, but not yet.
I don't know how much detail I can go into because I don't want to supercede the BET announcement so...

just know that you can't get the movie on dvd just yet.
patience young padawan.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 07:47:55 am »
the scripts are funny.
fuuuunnny.
Good stuff.
You have my word on that, people.