Author Topic: What do we do with Whites when...?  (Read 13760 times)

Sunjata

Re: What do we do with Whites when...?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 08:22:27 am »
While I contribute to some threads about race and provide insight based on my forty three years living as a Black man in this country, I consider myself a humanist.  I try not to make too many assumptions about others until I get to know them. 

As people develop through their life experiences they become complex individuals with multi-faceted views.  It is wrong to think that you can know a person’s true character from a few posts on a message board.

I have been reading Goat’s post in this forum for some time now and I had the pleasure of meeting him in at the Wizard Convention in Chicago earlier this year.  He is a great guy that has an easy playful way about him.  He was so friendly towards me I felt like an old family member. 

To be disrespectful towards him because his views differ from yours or because he is of a different race is just wrong.  I though we have gotten past that kind of behavior in this forum.

Goat,
If you ever get to New York City, I have a beer with your name on it buddy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:47:43 am by Sunjata »

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 03:24:40 pm »
GOAT,

Don't let the likes of Jenn run you off the board.
I think I speak for most HEFfas when I say we value your opinion, your talents and your generosity and we like having you around.

Jenn,

We generally like having you around too.  So quit acting like such a caustic bitch and act right!
You are brilliant and funny and sometimes evil as hell!
Be nice!

I generally agree with Magic Wand here.  I'm not one to usually get into the racially charged or overly serious threads, coz I use the internet as an escape from more serious, everyday bullshyt.  I don't take a lot of the things said online seriously because when it comes down to it, we really don't know each other that well.  I'm not one of the "OGs" on these boards (and I've been reminded of that before) but I like to believe that what we say should be respected no matter how long you've been here.  Goat, if you want to take a break because you got better things to do, that's your prerogative, but if it's because of something that was written here on these boards, click on another link and keep doing what you're doing.

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 07:00:36 pm »
Damn Catch, you said it better than me...and that's rare. And the Tuskeegee thing is off the m****f*****' hook!

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2007, 01:52:41 am »
Mon Cherie Goat~ Now I KNOW good and dog gone well no none stilletto wearing woman is not any position to even tempt you to take a break away from this board. I will NOT have it. Unless All 10 of your finger soundly became broken I will over look it otherwise I expect you on this board sharing and caring. Now there. I have SPOKEN.
ANYONE GOT ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY TO THE QUEEN BEE AT THIS MOMENT AND TIME???

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 05:40:11 am »
Well looking from a global perspective, population size has never stopped white folk from dominating. Hell, being white now is losing some of it's priviledges thanks to the money movers greed i.e. outsourcing being a reason that many whites are losing their jobs and blaming immigrants. So IMO, I don't really care if the Mexican and Mexican-American population with explode nor do I care that the white population wouldn't be the majority because it really doesn't concern black people.

Speaking of white priviledge, LOL @ the HEF adults.  :D :D Sorry but I fail to see how either Goat or Jenn were anywhere near being uncivilized or disrespectful in the discussion. Ya'll so silly.

And since Jenn isn't getting any love this time around, I'll spread some*: I enjoyed all my personal debates with Jenn, because her mocking is actually funny, and her points are always valid. I like that she is does not tip toe or allow others to tip toe over serious issues-even online. It forces people to get to the nitty gritty and away from the comfortable cushions they have. Racism in America needs to be talked about, alot and often everywhere. I think that because Jenn is curt and unbashful about her feelings on serious issues, she is perhaps the most honest person on HEF forums. And to me, that's better than being fed sugar-coated vague messages in lieu of hurting feelings. :)

*I haven't interacted much with Goat but he seems like a great, laid back guy. So yeah, sorry to see you go Goat. I hope you come back soon after your break, take care. :)
...Rassclaat.

Jenn

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 09:36:11 am »
Goat....PLEASE STAY.

No, let his punk ass go. If some chick on a message board makes him want to flounce off like a piddly little bitch, I don't see why anyone is tripping all over themselves to beg him to not deprive us of the sheer honor of his company. No, wait. I do. That's what black people do when a non-black who is supposed to be all "down" is offended. Poor, poor little white boy. How dare that angry black bitch suggest that a white man in America benefits from white privilege! Let's cuddle him to our collective bosom.

But I'm sure you will have some fire cracker response to go all Jennish on me and take the heat off yourself and your racist sentiments.

"Heat"? What heat? And when have I ever cared about offending anyone? Kick rocks, punk.

*throws up the peace sign*
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:51:26 am by Jenn »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 09:54:16 am »
Well, I was under the impression that he was taking a break for reasons that he did not reveal but wanted to say his piece before stepping off. He took offense to something you said and he said so. You did what you do. Folks react. Same old stuff, another day.

As long as everybody remains civil, he's welcome here and you're welcome here. Same as it ever was.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 04:07:01 pm »
Yeah, you're a big bully Jenn.  You're funny, you're smart, but you're a bully.  Goat didn't want to get into a fight with you so he backed off.  doesn't make him a punk, it just isn't worth it to him.  He's got a life and all beyond this. 

His race is immaterial when we defend him. We just like him.  I even like you.

Jenn

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 12:54:42 am »
Yeah, you're a big bully Jenn.  You're funny, you're smart, but you're a bully.

How am *I* a bully? I haven't said anything. In fact, I had no idea Goat was white until he said "I am a not a white American". If me saying "yay white privilege" hurts Goat's feelings, that's neither my problem nor my concern. If he thinks I'm a racist, I gives not a f*ck.

Goat didn't want to get into a fight with you so he backed off.

Nobody was fighting. I merely pointed out that it's white privilege that makes white people say stupid sh*t like "I am not a white American, I am an American" and Goat threw a little hissy fit. If it had been any of the crackabrats at HeroChat, y'all would've been all on his ass. But Vanilla Ice gets a pass? Bullsh*t.

doesn't make him a punk

Yes it does. Trust me, when I leave HEF, it won't be after a FAREWELL CRUEL INTARWEB flounce post. Just look up and see me gone.

I even like you.

Somebody hold me up!  8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:57:59 am by Jenn »

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 06:27:51 am »
All right. This has gone on long enough. Goat made his point. Jenn made her point. Magic made her point. Everybody hug and make up. Better yet... Someone get out a grill and start planning the first annual HEFFA Barbecue. Preferrably not in Malibu. That's a bit too hot for me...

(Side note... Any HEFFAs in that area?)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 10:27:33 am »
Preferrably not in Malibu. That's a bit too hot for me...
(Side note... Any HEFFAs in that area?)

My cousin Skip (of K-Ville fame ;D ) lives out that way though a few smiles down the Pacific Coast Highway in Pacific Palisades.  I'm not too sure exactly where the fire is happening in Malibu, but it's still too close for comfort, ya know?

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 02:27:50 pm »
What was this thread originally about?

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 02:38:49 pm »
What was this thread originally about?

...I was hoping you'd tell ME!

Offline Goat

• "Man, you come straight out of a comic book"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 07:03:46 pm »
Jenn isn't running me off guys and gals.. LOL that's actually sort of funny.. pfft but I don't care if Jenn likes thinking she has that kind of power..

No like was mentioned I'm taking an extended break till the end of the year because I've got a busy as hell schedule coming up and every time I turn on the PC it feels like just more WORK! As for me and Jenn, yea I was just putting that out there since I didn't appreciate her comments and said so.. that's it nothing more nothing less. I should mention that I didn't say I thought Jenn was racist, I said she sometimes expresses racist sentiments and makes childish and immature responses. Also for the most part, I like Jenn, she has made me laugh on more than one occasion here, she has an affinity for the Martial Arts and me and her actually had a pm session where I tried to help her with some balance and lateral movement exercises. So NO! don't bash Jenn on my account... every one here should by now know full well how she tends to go off on folks sometimes.. hey that's her way... no biggie.

But if she or anyone thinks that I won't participate here just to avoid conformation with Jenn! HELL NO! that ain't it!!

I take you on anytime you like and your little dog too!!  LOL

Nawww, folks I got a schit load of work coming up and one thing has really nothing to do with the other.. just bad timing is all.

Peace yo,
and I'll be back towards the end of the year.. so on that note... have a happy Halloween, Good Thanksgiving and Merry Holidays.. I'll be back in time to drink some Champagne around the New year with my Heffer bro's and sis's.

Goat.

p.s. the original topic was what will happen in the future when the so called majority i.e. Caucasians in all essence become the minority ...when the so called minorities out number the majority...  making the majority the minority in terms of minorities being the majority..

there that should explain it... :D

Jenn

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2007, 01:07:21 pm »
HEY LOOK, EVERYBODY! GOAT IS BACK! LET'S PAY ATTENTION TO HIM!!!!!

*drops everything and stares in awe*