Author Topic: new Boondocks up to watch  (Read 44141 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: new Boondocks up to watch
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 07:34:30 pm »
5 days away!

Jay Electronica commiting arson here is a free gift.

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2010, 10:23:17 am »
IT COMING TONITE AT 11:30 PM EASTERN

HOMIE OVA HOS, HOMIES OVER HOS, DO THE HOMIES

PUSSY ASS BITCH ASS NUGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA

GET YOUR GORILLA BANANA PEELING HANDS OFF ME

AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH SLAVERY, AT LEAST WE GOT GOOD FOOD BACK THEN/ WHITE MAN SHO CAN BE YOUR FRIEND

WHAT.THE.f*ck. ARE YOU LOOKIN AT????

MY BOOTY DANCE MY BOOTY DANCE!!!

INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline mayday

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »
guess it's time for the Boondocks to get it's 15 seconds of fame again huh ?
Then Adult Swim will push it beyond the back of the bus again when it's over....

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2010, 09:37:29 pm »
Then Adult Swim will push it beyond the back of the bus again when it's over....
Do you think is network is responsible for the two year gaps between episodes?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2010, 10:21:13 pm »

The last interview I saw with McGruder, I got the impression that the execs had a serious "Talking to" with him about the BET episodes and that may have slowed the process. He stopped himself several times when the BET episodes came up and said there were legal issues and because of that he shouldn't comment.

There were at least 3 episodes that never aired and while I don't know how these things work; I don't think Cartoon Network would be too pleased about paying for material they couldn't air.

Writers block or the challenges posed by writing came up during the interview as well. When Chappelle was brought up,; McGruder said " Two people can't make a show" and how even with his staff THE BOONDOCKS took a lot of time to produce.

During that segment of the interview I got the impression that McGruder didn't know where to go with the Obama phenomenon at that point. He said that " All the information is out there" in terms of why he wasn't motivated about continuing the show.

I'm not an artist but I would think that the entireity of THE BOONDOCKS as a piece of social commmentary pushed toward this very moment in American history. The idea that NOW is the time to end the series strikes me as strange to say the least.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2010, 05:26:22 am »
the first ep was so...meh.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2010, 05:32:22 am »
the first ep was so...meh.
Agreed you can tell they didnt put much effort into this episode. Season 2 they went in guns blazing first new episdoe. The "dick riding obama" was funny but it just came off and a snore
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline mayday

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2010, 10:12:07 am »

Reg, I don't know. I can see Aaron submitting scripts and ideas and them saying "you may need to tweek this one". Then the process begins a new. (To answer Reg's question)
On to the C-O-N-spiracy....
I don't think they will ever let him run wild (so to speak) like the Family guy dude, those South Park douches or hell any of the other show creators on their network.
"As long as you are offending black people, it's okay...I guess". I'm am open to hearing what everyone else thinks.  

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2010, 10:51:18 am »
you guys must really be behind reggie. i thought the frist ep of season 3 was really good.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2010, 11:12:38 am »
I don't think any body is behind anyone more or less for any thing connected with the Boondocks. Aaron lost a few points for personally attacking a friend for private reasons with low blow stuff and then he said some crazy stuff about Obama right after the election. You saw some of the reaction parodied in the episode when Riley made his meh comment. Aaron's public sense of humor is right on point with mine 90% of the time but when he is off, he is off. I don't laugh at black jesus jokes, going in on friends publicly or willie lynching Obama. Just me.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »
I liked the first episode but I think it's impossible for the gap between events not to have diminished its impact.

If the 3rd season premiered last year at this time I believe it would've been much more effective.

The Non HEF response is pretty positive from what I've seen for the premiere.

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2010, 07:24:03 am »

Honestly, I think it's a little of both. And while it's clear that we all love Boondocks; Reggie how do you feel about Boondocks omitting the 'banned episodes' aside? I'm curious as to how you see the show.
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2010, 08:36:57 am »
When McGruder was doing his daily comic strips he had frequent breaks. If anything McGruder’s production company is just habitually slow.

You can’t blame his anime fetish for this, either.

Shows like Samurai Champloo and Black Lagoon managed to come out weekly when they were on T.V.

Look at it this way: Dini and McDuffie are nearly putting out 90 min. movies faster than McGruder is producing 30 min. episodes at this point. ;D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:57 am »

Look at it this way: Dini and McDuffie are nearly putting out 90 min. movies faster than McGruder is producing 30 min. episodes at this point. ;D

you aint never lied!
lol

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2010, 02:22:36 pm »
according to an interview with regina king, it had more to do with sony, and the fact this is the only american cartoon they produce. 
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors