Author Topic: new Boondocks up to watch  (Read 43307 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: new Boondocks up to watch
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:54 pm »
according to an interview with regina king, it had more to do with sony, and the fact this is the only american cartoon they produce. 

HA!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2010, 05:50:47 pm »
according to an interview with regina king, it had more to do with sony, and the fact this is the only american cartoon they produce. 

HA!

C'mon, Reggie, give us some info.

HEF membership should have its privileges. 8)

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »
guess it's time for the Boondocks to get it's 15 seconds of fame again huh ?
Then Adult Swim will push it beyond the back of the bus again when it's over....
Do you think is network is responsible for the two year gaps between episodes?

Don't tell me, I am only one that think it is odd for Mr. Hudlin to ask that question, when he is most likely to know the answer himself  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:51:53 pm by Afro Samurai »
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2010, 08:47:09 pm »

HA!

Hmmmm .....

guess it's time for the Boondocks to get it's 15 seconds of fame again huh ?
Then Adult Swim will push it beyond the back of the bus again when it's over....
Do you think is network is responsible for the two year gaps between episodes?

Don't tell me, I am only one that think it is odd for Mr. Hudlin to ask that question, when he is most likely reason to know the answer himself  ;)

I think Reggie, got a can of hater-aid on Boondocks and laid the smack down on McGrudder. Reggie won't you tell us something.  ::)
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2010, 09:36:11 pm »
I think it wouldn't be a good idea for him to spill the beans. Someone would use that as their advantage to post it somewhere else
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2010, 09:56:31 pm »
Here is a segment of the McGruder interview I referenced

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2010, 11:03:09 pm »
I think it wouldn't be a good idea for him to spill the beans. Someone would use that as their advantage to post it somewhere else

I agreed, but Hudlin shouldn't act like he don't know the reason behind the boondock taking a long time to air. I love Aaron and Hudlin for being positive black men in Hollywood and making black projects that are rarey seen in certain mediums (like cartoons, comics, etc.).... hopefully in the future they can become friend again....
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2010, 07:51:30 am »

I agreed, but Hudlin shouldn't act like he don't know the reason behind the boondock taking a long time to air. I love Aaron and Hudlin for being positive black men in Hollywood and making black projects that are rarey seen in certain mediums (like cartoons, comics, etc.).... hopefully in the future they can become friend again....

Exactly! I'm sorry Reggie but it just doesn't look good that you're acting kindof of smug about them not being on the air for so long? I think many of us would like to know why the falling out/ugliness between you two. But hey, if you don't want to say. It's none of our business. What Afro said is true. I love the work that you both produce. Maybe one day you both can be friends again but somebody's got to forgive first.
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2010, 08:13:54 am »
I don't speak on the issue because I'm a grown up.  I didn't respond to attacks by others because I had no interest in a public flame war.  I'm not a rapper.

My reputation and body of work speak for itself.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2010, 03:42:52 pm »
I don't speak on the issue because I'm a grown up.  I didn't respond to attacks by others because I had no interest in a public flame war.  I'm not a rapper.

My reputation and body of work speak for itself.

Now I see the problem.

Your idea of Rap beef is dated. There is no longer the need for you to be directly involved in the conflict but rather get a proxy, or to be true to the genre, a goon. 8)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2010, 09:04:57 pm »
Tonight's episode made it 2 for 2.

The fall of a rapper is rarely pretty and the demise of Thugnificent was no exception. There were a lot of themes involved but the overall message of the here today, gone today aspect of the genre stuck out the most.

The Ice T vs Souljah Boy battle redux was good but Uncle Ruckus breaking out the Cristal for the Repossesion of Thugnificent's house took the prize for the moment of the week. 8)

P.S. The should've included KRS's classic WHEN YOU OUTTA HERE when the repo men came.

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2010, 09:01:03 pm »
This episode was on some anime sh*t. It was okay tho.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »

yeah, just another okay episode but i know the asian ppl who worked on this ep had fun.
the anime aspects were the highlight of the show.

i loved how Huey stopped that ball and lifted it up with his leg.
hotness!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:04 pm »

yeah, just another okay episode but i know the asian ppl who worked on this ep had fun.
the anime aspects were the highlight of the show.

i loved how Huey stopped that ball and lifted it up with his leg.
hotness!

I agree...
Pull List

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2010, 08:48:58 pm »
It was a fun episode and one that is sorely needed in a series of this nature.

Despite all the social/political commentary and satire, the series is about a 10yr old revolutionary and his gangsta in training 8yr old brother. Things like a kickball game remind us that Huey is still just a kid.