Author Topic: new Boondocks up to watch  (Read 41262 times)

Offline Jay

• View Profile
Re: new Boondocks up to watch
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2010, 11:10:55 pm »
Well despite being just a fun episode. The series still had a political message to it.

U.S vs China.

We're Americans. We don't stop doing the wrong thing because it's the wrong thing. We keep doing it until it becomes the right thing.

although, maybe I'm seeing messages were there aren't any?!
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2010, 11:26:09 pm »
Well despite being just a fun episode. The series still had a political message to it.

U.S vs China.

We're Americans. We don't stop doing the wrong thing because it's the wrong thing. We keep doing it until it becomes the right thing.

although, maybe I'm seeing messages were there aren't any?!

There were a lot of messages.

1. America's indebtedness to China- We see it when Wuntzler has to mortgage everything on the game just to stay afloat.

2.China's obsession with excellence- Even in kickball they were driven in every way.

3. American laziness- This may be a bit of a stretch. I think the fact that all of Team America wanting to win but didn't train speaks toward a present day mentality of entitlement. They should win because they're American, not because they are the best players.

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2010, 08:32:55 am »

3. American laziness- This may be a bit of a stretch. I think the fact that all of Team America wanting to win but didn't train speaks toward a present day mentality of entitlement. They should win because they're American, not because they are the best players.

Actually, I keyed on that and something else. Despite being lazy they put all there hope in ONE man (or in this case Boy) to win. President Obama ... er Huey Freeman lol
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2010, 05:29:56 pm »
Know what, I just remember something:

When I was listening to the DVD's audio commentary to Boondock season 2.

Aaron was dissing LeSean Thomas saying "Lesean didn't do this or that, he was lying, etc."

Also Lesean is not on season 2, just season 1 audio commentary.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I might just have to take Hudlin side. 

Shoot, whatever happen to Jennifer Seng (she used to draw the comic strip after Aaron) as well ???

INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2010, 12:15:31 pm »
well i looked at episode 4 this morning and I wasnt too impressed. I giggled but i didnt laugh out loud.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:25 pm »
It was kinda funny to me.

I hope wiki is right about Stinkmeaner being the next episode shown.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2010, 08:00:27 pm »
1. just watched the "jonny rebel" episode...it was funny. racist as hell but funny. as racist as the songs were, they were kinda catchy. wouldn't it be funny if racist ppl have the youtube link for that ep on their facebooks? lol

2. stinkmeiner's crew is off tha chain. i can't wait to see that ep. more kung fu action for Huey and Co.!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:46 pm »
johny rebel actually exists. 

THe kunu for the next episode is looking off the chain
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2010, 01:32:08 pm »
johny rebel actually exists. 

THe kunu for the next episode is looking off the chain

a real jonny rebel?
with those same album titles?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2010, 09:00:04 pm »
Bushido Brown

R.I.P.

Aaron why did you kill such a excellent character.......come on kill one of those white folks......

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2010, 09:14:21 pm »
Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy is easily the best episode of the season!

This is the type of material that shows what THE BOONDOCKS can do. The episode was able to combine a 70's tribute to: Red Foxx, Lawanda Page, Jimmie Walker, Jim Kelly and Shaw Bros. This would've been entertaining enough but it was bolstered by critiquing the hood rationale for wanton violence.

If McGruder is looking for a second act I think a BLACK DYNAMITE series with Michael Jai White would be perfect.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2010, 09:19:37 pm »
Bushido Brown

R.I.P.

Aaron why did you kill such a excellent character.......come on kill one of those white folks......

The death of Bushido Brown was the essence of the nigga equation.

The Hateocracy wanted to kill the Freeman's and had the opportunity to but their violence ended up taking the life of Bushido Brown.

Redd Foxx's summation at the end put it perfectly. The whole avenging Stinkmeaner angle was garbage, they liked being violent and looked for any excuse to engage in that behavior.

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2010, 10:11:08 pm »
Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy is easily the best episode of the season!

This is the type of material that shows what THE BOONDOCKS can do. The episode was able to combine a 70's tribute to: Red Foxx, Lawanda Page, Jimmie Walker, Jim Kelly and Shaw Bros. This would've been entertaining enough but it was bolstered by critiquing the hood rationale for wanton violence.

If McGruder is looking for a second act I think a BLACK DYNAMITE series with Michael Jai White would be perfect.

Whoa man, isn't this like the FOURTH episode of the season? Can we wait until 9 more episodes have past before making that call?

But I do agree with this episode being pretty good. However, I have to hate on onnnneee litttle thing .... While I do like the Kung-Fu action ... I don't know, it's getting kindof old. How's about some boxing or another gun fight?

Aaron I know you like karate/anime but come on man. Some outside the box thinking here.

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2010, 06:59:29 am »
Micheal Jai White was in it..........was he voicing Bushido Brown? Also Aries Spear was in it.......I know he did Red Foxx voice fo sho.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2010, 07:13:15 am »
Jeez at first Riley was crying that he may die but then he was whining about snitching  ::) rofl
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.