Author Topic: new Boondocks up to watch  (Read 41365 times)

Offline Jay

• View Profile
Re: new Boondocks up to watch
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2010, 08:38:11 am »
Jeez at first Riley was crying that he may die but then he was whining about snitching  ::) rofl

That's Riley for you.
"You're gonna go out, and look, for, a job. The word today is...'job'. Jay Oh Bee...y'hear me?"

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2010, 02:51:00 pm »
Bushido Brown

R.I.P.

Aaron why did you kill such a excellent character.......come on kill one of those white folks......

that ish hurt my heart too.
bushido brown was my at work alias.
it was until...tsk tsk tsk.

but yeah...this ep was str8 fiyah. i had to look at it again this morning before work.
the fight sequences were awesome! better than the kickball one.

mj white did his thing...aries' redd foxx was aiight... but seeing grown as jj and aunt esther...i was dying.
lol.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2010, 10:36:52 am »
Bushido Brown

R.I.P.

Aaron why did you kill such a excellent character.......come on kill one of those white folks......

but yeah...this ep was str8 fiyah. i had to look at it again this morning before work.

mj white did his thing...aries' redd foxx was aiight... but seeing grown as jj and aunt esther...i was dying.
lol.

AHEM.. it's GRANDMASTER Bushido Brown!

Show the dead the proper respect.

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2010, 08:58:53 pm »
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, this episode was real boring. Juice cartoon remake.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2010, 09:01:20 pm »
WTF@ 2 semi-boring episodes in a row. The last part with the f*ck your shoes, your gay ass accent, etc. was the only funny one.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2010, 09:14:03 pm »
This was much better than last week's episode.

The mashup gangster tribute with: SCARFACE, SNATCH and GOODFELLAS was played out great. The silencing of Huey throught was a great running joke.

With religion up next week; if it's done right I'm waiting for picket signs outside of McGruder's house.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2010, 05:25:35 am »
Bushido Brown

R.I.P.

lol.

AHEM.. it's GRANDMASTER Bushido Brown!

Show the dead the proper respect.

my bad!
Dead Grandmaster Bushido Brown.

*sigh*
can't belive he's dead and Thugnificent is workin' for UPS.
*sigh*

aaron is killin' off all his characters this season.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:14 pm »
This was much better than last week's episode.

The mashup gangster tribute with: SCARFACE, SNATCH and GOODFELLAS was played out great. The silencing of Huey throught was a great running joke.

With religion up next week; if it's done right I'm waiting for picket signs outside of McGruder's house.

I agree..  & I'm hoping Caesar/Michael Caesar show up soon..
Pull List

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »
ROFLMAO AT THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!

Tyler Perry mixed with horror picture show. I was mad surprise at the white jesus tho. I thought i was the only one to notice that the dark skin men are evil & the light skin men are good in Tyler Perry shows & movies.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2010, 09:18:33 pm »
Tonight's episode shows why THE BOONDOCKS became a phenomenon.

Along the way it seems that Mcgruder wasn't leaving himself too many outs if he decided that this wasn't truly the final season. By picking the topic of religion, specifically Christianity, and how it is misapplied in popular Black culture through Tyler Perry was brilliant.

The hallmark of the best BOONDOCKS episodes was that it caused controversy that would last well past the season was over.

This episode is no different.

There are so many issues explored here: selling one's soul for fame, Christian hypocrisy, dumbing down of art and even more the perversion of scripture. The fact that a "Devout" Christian's claim to fame is his cross-dressing as a: Drunken, loud, violent, senior citizen is an indictment of the "Evangelicals" that support it.

Even more, the Ice Cube running joke is significant in that Oprah, Tyler's mentor and partner, won't allow Cube to get past his gangta persona of his youth. Meanwhile, Perry is putting out family movies with similar themes to Cube's ( Which again are anti-Biblical teachings) and he gets a pat on the back and a seat on the couch.

There is so much here to dwell on but really the aftermath/backlash will be the most interesting of all. This isn't Reggie and BET here, McGruder is going against New Age Christianity( HERESY) and arguably the most powerful man in Black entertainment.

Let the games begin!

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
Last nights episode was comedy.  going to be sad when this show finishes its run :'(
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2010, 11:32:45 am »
Last nights episode was comedy.  going to be sad when this show finishes its run :'(

True comedy is watching a fellow Christian arguing that the type of dress Rupaul wears is "Different" from the one that Perry wears as Madea. 8)

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2010, 04:13:18 pm »
I never liked Tyler Perry, but I felt sorry for him after watching this episode. He needs to have his goon squad hunt Aaron McGruder down and kick his @ss. lol @ Grand Pa's, "Where's the Alicia Keyeses, where's the Beyonces...where's Wonder Woman? All I see is Florida Evanses! I can get a big b!tch on my OWN!".

We need someone like A.G. that has the stones to expose the hypocrisy and contradictions in our culture. I'm looking forward to his next project, but I'll miss the Boondocks like a mug.  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:18:32 pm by TripleX »

Offline Afro Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2010, 09:05:40 pm »
TOM THE PROTECTER OF ANAL RAPE.

Is there a superhero like Tom.......who protect ppl from anal jail rape.............YUO CANT HAVE MY BOOTY, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Hansen take that take that!!!!!!

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2010, 09:40:04 am »
Wow they went hard on Tyler..but it was hilarious! Does Aaron not know Tyler and his pal Oprah could crush his little ass :o