Author Topic: Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer  (Read 22535 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer ***NEW TRAILER NOW***
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2007, 10:04:37 am »
There is a video dub on more footage from Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer at youtube... Just type in the search field
'New Fantastic Four 2 Trailer! 5/21/07 *Exclusive*!!'

The editing in this sequence is choppy but you get more dialogue from Norrin Radd confronting Sue Storm(?*) while she's surveying with some machinery in the forest. It seems that Sue's forcefield has no effect on the Surfer, as he can just phase right through it!

John D. Villarreal who presents this footage is like... geeking all over Jessica Alba in this sneak peek. :(

*don't know if she's married at this point yet

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2007, 06:30:59 pm »
I'm going to see this on 6/15/07. I hope the powers that be decide to have Galactus appear in his all powerful comic book glory.

As for BP, I really wouldn't mind seeing him make an appearance in an supporting role.
I really can't see W. Snipes as T'Challa, since he's seen as Blade in Marvel's movie adaptation (it would be like overkill).
Definitely would like Djimon Gaston Hounsou Or Henry Simmons as the King of Wakanda ;D

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2007, 04:35:29 am »
I just wanted to point out that I only just saw the first FF film, and it's actually pretty good. Also, Galactus is slightly pre-shadowed in it, with Reed talking about how there was no reason for the 'cosmic storm' that gave them their powers to have suddenly accelerated towards Doom's spacestation the way it did, thus implying that some kind of cosmic entity was responsible for them getting their powers. Fits in with the taglines in the latest trailer.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2007, 11:11:22 am »
I just wanted to point out that I only just saw the first FF film, and it's actually pretty good.---Wise Son

It really is a much more entertaining movie than what most people diss it for. Especially after multiple viewings (if you have the DVD) you can catch the funny details mentioned in the commentary by Alba and Chiklis and the gang.  Never in a million years would I have ever believed that a African-American would direct a movie adaptation about The Fantastic Four. Never.

In my opinion,  Hollywood studios seem respond to green and a bit of controversy. One of the differences between Story and the other directors for Marvel characters like Raimi, Singer and Ang Lee is that in his short list of filmography was able to pull a combine total of 100+ million in box office sales, plus he has the respect of the street urban culture, and the ability for multiple character development, and he probably accepted a cheaper rate as a director for the Fantastic Four project...  My only discrepancy is that I have yet to see 'Barbershop' because of the whole Rosa Parks fiasco. I just refuse to see anyone dissing my heroes just to generate sales, even out of jest. I did see TAXI with Queen Latifa which was very good.   

Also, Galactus is slightly pre-shadowed in it, with Reed talking about how there was no reason for the 'cosmic storm' that gave them their powers to have suddenly accelerated towards Doom's spacestation the way it did, thus implying that some kind of cosmic entity was responsible for them getting their powers. Fits in with the taglines in the latest trailer.---Wise Son

Yeah, I see whatcha mean. If the people in post-production are clever, they'll use that detail to thier advantage and tie some of the dialogue in the second movie with the first.

I'm really excited about this movie and I'm looking at that image in Tahdigga's post and was briefly surprised. Is that image from the movie?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2007, 03:40:59 am »
I had hoped the cosmic storm mystery would have been held back until they met the Watcher.

The latest trailer is a great ensemble of the shorter ones. I can't wait to see this!

Oh yeah! I watched this promo show on Star TV. The Fantastic Car is spot on with the comic version. Saw a short clip on the power switching subplot. Best of all...

Dr. Doom looks perfect! I don't know how he comes back, or how he looks normal. But he's wearing high-tech armor. He's got facial damage at some time. And he's the BIG BAD! He'll be hunting their asses like the Wicked Witch of the West.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 06:07:49 am by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2007, 01:46:24 am »
One day more.
A sequel made by Tim Story.
Did he make a truly greatmovie?

Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2007, 11:44:09 am »
We're heading to the drive-in this weekend to see it.  We haven't been to the drive-in movies in a couple of years and this seems like a good candidate for it...plus we can take the kid and not worry about having to leave a theater for diaper changings! ;D

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 05:24:57 am »
IMO, Spiderman 3 was better. F4: Rise, was pretty good though. It was much better than the first movie.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2007, 12:43:02 pm »
I thought it was much better than the dissers were saying.. a good real plot this time, jumped right into it.. I would have loved to see a "real" Galactus, but i suppose it's just as well that he was only hinted at... this time.. (show him in the Silver Surfer movie...

all the women were especially lovely..

(and dang-- johnny slips in a crack about Ben & Alicia and.. well, you know..)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2007, 09:56:27 am »
GREAT, GREAT MOVIE.  FF2 was on point from start to finish.  I told my girls to hold on tight once the credits were rolling and I like the way the movie gave us a scene w/ SS.  Great story, great action and humor.  They are more than superheroes; they are a family. 

has there been talk about the scene where SS was separated from his board and how easy he was captured (Reed, Doom and US forecs joint efforts) and he was not able to defend himself?  Now if there has been small talk for somewhat light chatter about this scene in the movie, why does fanboydom make a HUGE deal w/ BP placing a hold on SS in the comic?  Was SS separated from his board when BP put the hold on him B4 BP got blasted in the back?.  BP was riding it (Doom had fun surfing in the movie) towards SS and........ ya'll know the deal w/ the scene. 

let me quote Arsenio, "things that make you go HUUUMMMMMM, EXACTLY"

wgreason

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2007, 11:05:48 am »
Liked this movie alot, but also think Spidey3 was better.

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2007, 05:48:30 pm »
has there been talk about the scene where SS was separated from his board and how easy he was captured (Reed, Doom and US forecs joint efforts) and he was not able to defend himself?  Now if there has been small talk for somewhat light chatter about this scene in the movie, why does fanboydom make a HUGE deal w/ BP placing a hold on SS in the comic?  Was SS separated from his board when BP put the hold on him B4 BP got blasted in the back?.  BP was riding it (Doom had fun surfing in the movie) towards SS and........ ya'll know the deal w/ the scene. 

Not really. The comics and movies are of course two seperate entities. The Surfer is not dependent upon his board in the comics...
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2007, 01:41:53 pm »
...The next film must be 2+ hours in length.. they've got to take it to the epic level..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2007, 08:19:50 pm »

Not really. The comics and movies are of course two seperate entities. The Surfer is not dependent upon his board in the comics...

I was discussing this POV @ LCS and a brother mentioned SS was written back in the day that if S was separated from his board he will not be powerful.  Rock, you have more SS / FF knowledge than I, therefore your statement of S not dependent upon his board is correct; it depends on which era of writting.  Tim Story and producers did A+ research w/ this subject.  Of course w/o his board and lost of power FF could take him bcuz it's their movie.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2007, 01:11:05 pm »
...The next film must be 2+ hours in length.. they've got to take it to the epic level..

Yes, I also want all the marvel films to become epic stories. On the same level as Lord Of The Rings or somethin. (COME ON MARVEL BRING IT!)