Author Topic: Lane Bryant: The Darkness  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Lane Bryant: The Darkness
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:57:17 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/02/store.shooting/index.html

Five women dead ages 22 to 37.

Yes there are crimes on both sides of the table but when I read that a black guy does stuff like this it hurts (embarrasses) me to tears.

There are so many crimes that I seem to have a deep emotional but racial sensitivity to, pertaining to the victim and perpetrator.

I've figured it out but it still embarrasses me that oft times even I feel more sorrow for a White victim as opposed to a Black victim...I don't admit that everyday but this crime in Illinois has brought about a reflective moment.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Lane Bryant: The Darkness
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 06:57:20 pm »
It was sad and shocking. But when I got the news they didn't say the shooter was white or black. And it wouldn't have changed my mind if they did.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
Re: Lane Bryant: The Darkness
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »
When I first heard about the robbery I laughed made all kinds of rude fat jokes, then I heard it was I guy! Oh boy I was even worst with the fat black guy pre valentines pathetic thief. There was no mention of a shooting much less the taking of human life(lives). I never heard about that until today, none of the reports mentioned that last night. I just went around planning my little party in oblivion. Once I heard about the lives that were lost I really and truly felt embarassed for my now stupid jokes  :-[ and sadden for their loved ones...