Author Topic: Black Panther 18 The Wedding  (Read 164072 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Black Panther 18 The Wedding
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:51:56 am »
i will kick it off and save spoiler talk for later but this was a pact issue with a lot to digest and sink in. with so many cameos and guess appearances (including a brother from the avengers who finally got some love ;) ) that the royal couple got "lost" a few times. but when i think of it a lot of weddings are like that with all the drama that happens. the tension from the showdown with civil war looked like it was going to turn bad at one point but the only violence was due to too much crown and a corny costume lol. i do think that it's going to take toney and steve years to truly repair their relationship. great issue reg and scot. i am looking forward to the world tour and the meeting with doom sounds interesting.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Black Panther 18 The Wedding
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:55:47 am »
i will kick it off and save spoiler talk for later but this was a pact issue with a lot to digest and sink in. with so many cameos and guess appearances (including a brother from the avengers who finally got some love ;) ) that the royal couple got "lost" a few times. but when i think of it a lot of weddings are like that with all the drama that happens. the tension from the showdown with civil war looked like it was going to turn bad at one point but the only violence was due to too much crown and a corny costume lol. i do think that it's going to take toney and steve years to truly repair their relationship. great issue reg and scot. i am looking forward to the world tour and the meeting with doom sounds interesting.

It's ya boi SUPREME ILLUMINATI back on deck,and I am going to check my local comic store to see if they have this issue...because they are always LATE with BP.Brothas getz nolove.Glad to see you bluezulu,and glad to be back.Whassup with the new look and allat? Did the site crash or was it just time for something new or what?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:59:37 am »
turkish terrorist. really turkish terrorist. maybe we can get you to mount up a squad and mash on them fools. but yea welcome back. :)

Offline Hank Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 02:31:25 pm »
Let me just say, I love the gold cape on her wedding dress. It was just too sweet.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 03:08:23 pm »
Let me just say, I love the gold cape on her wedding dress. It was just too sweet.

Yer.

I wish there was a spoiler thread, 'cause I got questions.  :(

EDIT: I'll ask one.

Why can't Storm visit Kitty? Her secret identity is pretty much el-gone-o because of the wedding. Unless she is maintaing American citizenship--she doen't have to registar.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 03:42:38 pm by Toya »
...Rassclaat.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Black Panther 18 The Wedding (SPOILERS)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 05:01:51 pm »
What??
Man...this thread is SPOILERRIFIC.
if anyone reads this thread before reading the new issue, then it's THEIR FAULT.

i can't contain myself any longer!

SPOILERS BELOW!!

Where do i begin?

Reg, you, Scot and Klaus are a fool for this one!  This issue was solid and I enjoyed myself immensely.  THank you all so much for so much love and dedication that you all put into each page.
You guys rocks.

1. Toure'.  I didn't even have to read what he said to know who that was.  Great job Scot and Klaus.  You really captured his likeness.  I was like..."That's that dude from THE BLACK CARPET!"  Is Toure' an official BET employee?  Cuz i used to see him on VH1 all the time.  (Yes, i know it's the viacom family but you know what i mean)

2. Ananda is workin' for BET now?  SHe needed a job!  She's been missed, but we all say her in that ray j video.

3. You'se a fool for having BET prominently displayed on the pages. HAHHAHAAHHAHA.  I would have done the same dayam thang man!  HAHAHAHHAHA!  Represent!

4. Great shout out to Black Enterprise.  It made me smile.  That's love!

5. Triathalon... Y'all actually invited him.  If T'challa respects him, then I respect him.

6. Isaiah Bradley.  Nuff Said.  He's the man and i BETTER see more of him.  BETTER!!

7. ASSTASTIC! WOW! THE DORA MILAJE ASS SHOT LOOKS HELLA GREAT. THAT'S THE BEST ASS IN THE MARVELVERSE! THANX SCOT AND KLAUS!

8. F*** YOU TONY STARK!  Don't you dare cross T'Challa!  At the rate, Ghostface will drop his marvel nickname if T.S. keeps trippin'.

9. What's up with Storm's family?  Why were the "sisters" at odds for so long?  DId i miss somethin'?

10. Man...Storm's nephew looks like Jordan from the Bernie Mac show

11. The wedding dress is Gangster!  GANGSTER!!  Will there be a Wedding Dress Storm figure coming out soon?  I want to buy it for my...wife.

12.  Fill me in... what's the story between T'Challa, his uncle and T'chaka?  There's definitely somethin' there...and if i'm right, Reg and company will bring it back up in about 4-5 months.  *sigh*

13.  The Spirit World was a nice touch.  It kinda reminded me of the comic book, PiTT.  Great job.

14. Can I move to Wakanda?  Cuz gas is gettin' hella high here in the ATL.

15. Place ya bets on whose body The Cannibal is holed up in.  I say... gimme some time 2 guess.

16. I thought T'challa and Doom had an understanding... I betcha there won't even be a fight between them next week.

17. DON'T PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS REGGIE!  I NEED A BLACK AVENGERS! JUST CUZ JESSICA TOLD LUKE TO FORGET ABOUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO!
Blade*Triathalon*Luke*Isaiah Bradley*Goliath*Brother Voodoo*Falcon*Monica aka Photon*and a up-and-coming Dora Milaje trainee

Come on... this isn't a coincidence...it's just foreshadowing.

*crosses fingers*

That's my time...it's time 2 eat!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 05:16:50 pm »
9. What's up with Storm's family?  Why were the "sisters" at odds for so long?  DId i miss somethin'?

In-laws. You know how it is.

16. I thought T'challa and Doom had an understanding... I betcha there won't even be a fight between them next week.

Well, didn't Doom make a play for Storm way back when?? That should be the next storyarc, T'Challa fighting off all of Storm's old paramours. Think about it, you got Arkon, Dracula, Forge, Loki... who else??

CIENCIANO

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 05:25:37 pm »
what about the letter column?? ???
who's the new assitant editor? ???
did he/she wrote some presentation or something? ???
what about the letters printed?? something interesting??  ???

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 05:40:11 pm »
Why can't Storm visit Kitty? Her secret identity is pretty much el-gone-o because of the wedding. Unless she is maintaing American citizenship--she doen't have to registar.

Storm has already vocally objected to registration which means she will probably persona non grata in the US. We've already seen that foreigners aren't exempt in the last issue of Fantastic Four when Ms. Marvel arrested Silverclaw. The only thing that would save Ororo from being arrested the moment she sets foot on US soil is the fact that she is now a dignitary of one the major world powers.

Also, the fact that Kitty's movements have now been restricted as she's been confined to a "protective camp" would limit the time they spend together... I'm surprised the X-Men were able to bust out for the wedding. I'm sure the O*N*E ain't happy about that.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 06:31:04 pm »
Loved this issue....everything was perfect and there were many surprises...the art was off the charts and this issue should shoot through the roof in sales....everyone that was anyone was at this wedding and it should bring in all the naysayers who don't want Storm with BP.  Nuff said.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 06:46:40 pm »
silverclaw got arrested?
dayam!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:09:38 pm »
What??
Man...this thread is SPOILERRIFIC.
if anyone reads this thread before reading the new issue, then it's THEIR FAULT.

i can't contain myself any longer!

SPOILERS BELOW!!

7. ASSTASTIC! WOW! THE DORA MILAJE ASS SHOT LOOKS HELLA GREAT. THAT'S THE BEST ASS IN THE MARVELVERSE! THANX SCOT AND KLAUS!

:D

Will definitely purchase my copy on the morrow.
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:48 pm »
SIN... you weren't supposed to be reading this thread.
but dawg...it's ASS-TASTIC!

truss me

CIENCIANO

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 07:18:53 pm »
ASS-SHOTS are cool!
check one of vicki vale's butt in All Star Batman & Robin #1.
FunktASStidick!

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 07:54:15 pm »

Storm has already vocally objected to registration which means she will probably persona non grata in the US. We've already seen that foreigners aren't exempt in the last issue of Fantastic Four when Ms. Marvel arrested Silverclaw. The only thing that would save Ororo from being arrested the moment she sets foot on US soil is the fact that she is now a dignitary of one the major world powers.

Also, the fact that Kitty's movements have now been restricted as she's been confined to a "protective camp" would limit the time they spend together... I'm surprised the X-Men were able to bust out for the wedding. I'm sure the O*N*E ain't happy about that.

So the Superhero Enslavement Act is not limited to American superheroes only? To everyone who is superpowered and on their soil?

Maaan where in history have I seen this before. Marvel took a good story idea and slowly but surely is mucking it up. Pfft.  >:(

what about the letter column?? ???
Still exists.

who's the new assitant editor? ???
The person introduced themselves as, Daniel Ketchum.

did he/she wrote some presentation or something? ???

Well they breiefly introduced themselves and explain their role (taking over from where Cory left off.)

what about the letters printed?? something interesting?? ???
The usual, some comments on previous issues and what not. I think I'll let you see that part for yourself.
...Rassclaat.