Author Topic: Knocked on my A** HARD  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Cage

• View Profile
Knocked on my A** HARD
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:51:43 am »
Well your boy got his ass whupped. Like if Danny was channelling his Chi, got it just right wound up tapped me on the shoulder and said "Cage, turn around." and then hauled off.  What the hell am I talking about? well I had been sick for over two weeks and did my usual.  Oranges, Grape juice, grape fruit juice, soup, alka seltzer cold plus etc.  It kept lingering. I just don't like going to Dr.'s so every time it was mentioned I just you know brushed it off.  Well last Friday I get a call at work, my 75 year old Mom's at the hospital with the flu.  So I'm feeling guilty that I gave it to her, but I still don't go to get checked.  Sunday?  That punch I was talking about. I got the chills and I had a five day persistent headache nothing worked. I was done.  So I went to the walk-in clinic on Monday they take to me the emergency room from there.  I have pneumonia. So I have been home all week, just starting to get strength and appetite (barely).  I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson, but I still have a very irrational aversion to Dr.s and Hospitals. But anyway I'm almost done with the antibiotics and will likely be back to full speed in a couple.  The good news is that I didn't give my mother the flu. I guess I want to encourage all my HEF peeps to be smarter than me and get checked when it lasts more than a couple days.  Peace, your boy Cage.
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Knocked on my A** HARD
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:42:19 am »
You should have posted this in the Best Fight Ever thread.

Glad you made it through.
Pneumonia ain't nothing to mess wit.

My Mom did a similar thing:  She went to her family doctor with an annoying cough and ended up hospitalized for pneumonia.
Fortunately, they only kept her overnight.

Let's look after ourselves better, HEFFAS!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 01:08:03 pm »
Wow, man.

Rough hit. Hope you feel all the way better soon!

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 01:27:21 pm »
goddamn little big bro, and you know you'd be the first to tell a brother to take care of himself.  for real, take it easy.  Metro boston needs your crime fighting skills. 

I'll call, take it light until then.  Peace yo.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 06:44:19 am »
Glad you made it through partner. Good to hear from you.

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 07:40:30 am »
Get better, man. Crime is running rampant on the streets until you get back up on your feet.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 12:30:33 pm »
Cage,your fear of doctors--ahem,Tuskegee Experiment,AIDS,and literally every ailment killing Black people faster,in greater numbers (and tragically unnecessarily because most of these deaths are preventable but deliberate due to the purposeful lack of numerically sufficient,competently staffed medical facilities) than anyone else,and of course the intense suspicion that fell years ago on organizations like W.H.O. (World Health Organization) for engaging in what amounts to Tuskegee Experiments in Black countries worldwide--DOES have some RATIONALE behind it...it's just UNWISE in your case.I understand Boston Metro P.D. has full medical bennies.Use 'em.Every day of your sickness threatens the health of your friends,co-workers and loved ones,and simultaneously gives bad guys that you'd be apprehending a free pass to keep actin a fool.

Next time,btw,throw in high dosages of herbs multivitamins and minerals like Vitamin C,Super Nutrition for Men,Echinacea,Eye Bright,St.John's Wort,amino acids,etc.In fact,herbs and supplements like these should form the core of your daily health and wellness supplementation.If you or anyone else likes,I can break out a comprehensive approach that will be very helpful immediately but takes mere moments to mere minutes to do.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:55:47 pm »
Thanks all.  I'm back to about full speed will be going back to work tomorrow. 
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.