Author Topic: New Avengers 22  (Read 31219 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
New Avengers 22
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:58:03 am »
i will jump it off the discussion of new avengers 22. when the story for this issue first came out i was real hyped about it. i wasn't dissapointed but it was not as good as issue 21. i loved the fact that cage is a man of prinicpal and i loved the way his wife supported him. i also bought into his reasons for not wanting to go pro-reg. one thing minor spoiler-------------------------------------------

you heard it here first the mighty avengers will consist of low level street heores who are the underground and i bet cage, falcon, cap and daredevil will be key members. when you look at civil war at this point with the anti reg side they are all either low level heroes or they rely on their secret identities. add the fact that they have issues with fully trusting the government it makes sence. to me anyway. share your thoughts.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers 22
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 10:11:22 am »
Those of you not wanting knowledge of the "minor spoiler", please read no further  :) .......

.......Now then, "Cage, Falcon, Cap and Daredevil"? With that lineup as it is, the "Mighty Avengers" don't look so "Mighty".
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:16:05 am »
it's all how you look at it bro. maybe the new avengers lead by toney is the big guns doing the big things and the mighty avengers do it from a more grass roots level? still a dope ass team if you ask me. :)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:22:17 am »
it's out, today?  dang!  I just finally got #21 in the mail on Saturday..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34:17 am »
Spoiler related material to follow.......

........ This potential lineup does look intriguing. You're right about that b-zulu. Adding Cloak and Dagger to the team could be a major plus.
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:41:27 am »
goddamn.  Just read it.  Bought goddamn time falc got into the game.  I was actually tense until "the crew" came and gave Cage a hand.

And then jacking SHIELD's ride.  WORD.  8)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:08:59 pm »
Those of you not wanting knowledge of the "minor spoiler", please read no further  :) .......

.......Now then, "Cage, Falcon, Cap and Daredevil"? With that lineup as it is, the "Mighty Avengers" don't look so "Mighty".

I've heard that Wonder Man is a definite member and rumor is that Ares will be too.  That ups the power quotion.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 03:12:53 pm »
I heard,

That Bendis total mucked up the whole SHRA. But, as I read BP#18--I see the same thing. Maybe Marvel, needs to better outline the law. Because, as it stands Tony is making people with superpowers--the gov't slaves. This new development that all superpowered people, whether they are heroes or civilians, have to register makes Tony's argument lose its merit and becomes  a load of BS that is going to flush alot of people's lives down the crapper.
...Rassclaat.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:32:16 pm »
I heard,

That Bendis total mucked up the whole SHRA. But, as I read BP#18--I see the same thing. Maybe Marvel, needs to better outline the law. Because, as it stands Tony is making people with superpowers--the gov't slaves. This new development that all superpowered people, whether they are heroes or civilians, have to register makes Tony's argument lose its merit and becomes  a load of BS that is going to flush alot of people's lives down the crapper.

After reading the Avengers, I realized what we have here is not a Registration; this is a Draft, but instead of young men, the Draft is for all super-powered beings.  And in the United States, Drafts are both legal and constitional.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 03:40:13 pm »
I heard,

After reading the Avengers, I realized what we have here is not a Registration; this is a Draft, but instead of young men, the Draft is for all super-powered beings.  And in the United States, Drafts are both legal and constitional.

The more I read Civil War the more on Cap's side I am. These latest refinery to the SHRA just makes me back Cap 100%. Sometimes, legal ain't moral. If anything Americans are known for fighting for their values especially when the law denies them. So not feeling Tony. Mavrel is making it a one-sided legal issue and a one-side principality issue.
...Rassclaat.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 03:41:40 pm »

The more I read Civil War the more on Cap's side I am. These latest refinery to the SHRA just makes me back Cap 100%. Sometimes, legal ain't moral. If anything Americans are known for fighting for their values especially when the law denies them. So not feeling Tony. Mavrel is making it a one-sided legal issue and a one-side principality issue.

toya, keep it down girl.

The revolution continues on HEF. 

Choose a side.

Bluezulu, codeword delta 7, blue mango. out.

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 05:57:32 pm »
Any doubts I had about Tony Stark being a bad person were swept away when he grudgingly said that the US would allow Jessica to raise her daughter. For now.

That's the crux of the anti-registration side's argument. it's one thing to allow the gov't to know your identity and powers but it something else entirely when it gives them the ability to conscript you into service just for existing.

The ironic thing is that Nick Fury in this reality is opposed to this policy but Ultimate Nick Fury is all for it.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 06:06:53 pm »
That's the crux of the anti-registration side's argument. it's one thing to allow the gov't to know your identity and powers but it something else entirely when it gives them the ability to conscript you into service just for existing.

The ironic thing is that Nick Fury in this reality is opposed to this policy but Ultimate Nick Fury is all for it.

I'm not surprised. The Ultimate Universe is more pro-militant with SHIELD regulating its superhumans.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 04:40:32 am »
now this is major assistance from teammates

[/img]

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 05:34:07 am »
i said it back on hefa forums vol I and i will say it again here. in real life i would sooo be in support of the registration act. yall would be to. the minute wolverine does a fastball special and cuts the head off of a sentinal that falls on to your house and destroys your comic book collection you would want someone to pay!!. home owners insurance will cut you a check but nothing could replace your valuables.

now in comic reality. hell naw. power to the people bring the man down. stark and ms marvel are real sell outs!! no justice no peace. ;D