Author Topic: DC: New Frontier DVD  (Read 2484 times)

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
DC: New Frontier DVD
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:45:02 am »
...has been out since 2/26/08...

Anybody pick this up yet?  I didn't realize it was out until reading in ths weeks Comic Shop Newsarama.  I'm probably going to grab it via Unbox tonite, but was just curious.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
Re: DC: New Frontier DVD
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:59:10 am »
I picked up the BestBuy exclusive last week (came with a little Green Lantern figure, I know I'm a dork) anyway, it was OK.  I wasn't that impressed with it, but if you're like me and want to basically collect Marvel/DC DVDs then its worth it.  If you just want to see it. NetFlix.
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 01:00:51 pm »
I got the blu-ray.  I was a big fan of the New Frontier series.  The movie was good, obviously a lot was cut, Martain Manhunter wasn't the focus and the Challengers of the Unknown were cut out (mostly). I did like the way they used the Kennedy speech at the end.  Overall good, but definatley read the series...

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 01:14:13 pm »
got the double-disc version.. i had never read the books.. looking forward to eventually getting them.. especially the John Henry character.. (I want a separate mini-series just for him..)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:41:20 pm »
I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but was gonna ask.. I thought I remembered an interview that hinted that the John Henry allusions that were scattered throughout the books may not make the cut... say it ain't so!!??