Author Topic: McDuffie’s Damage Control  (Read 5437 times)

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: McDuffie’s Damage Control
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »
Probably depends on who the creative team is...among other things.

I just personally see Damage Control working best in finite stories. I wouldn't be mad at an on-going, though...
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Sunjata

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 06:28:28 pm »
This is a very entertaining mini.  I don’t know too much about Damage Control except what was shown in the Wolverine Civil War story but I was able to easily get into the story and enjoy.  McDuffie is a genius with the dialogue here.

I wish they put out a Damage Control trade that collected all the old stories.   

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:59 pm »

This is a very entertaining mini.  I don’t know too much about Damage Control except what was shown in the Wolverine Civil War story but I was able to easily get into the story and enjoy.  McDuffie is a genius with the dialogue here.

You'd probably save money hitting the quarter bins for back issues..

Sometimes I go trade-crazy, then have a bad case of buyer's remorse when I come back the next month to find I could've scooped all 12 issues for $3...  besides you can always chuckle at those old Saturday-morning cartoon ads :D

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 04:21:39 am »
are a series of minis the best route to go nowadays with new books?
I seriously think it is the best way to go. Think about how many problems it avoids:
Crossovers and mega-events: They just happened in between series, or you do a special tie-in. No twisting or cutting short the plots the writer wanted to write to fit in with Infinite Hulk War.
Stories with actual endings: It's something pointed out by a few critics, that there are almost no self-contained stories. Every one-off special leads into another, no storyline ever gets properly wrapped up, and sometimes that works, but sometimes it just feels done because the medium demands it.

Look at Static. Return of The Cool was great, and was a perfect way to reintroduce the story. It jumped ahead several months, introduced new characters, had everyone's relationship changed, an interesting new status quo for the main character, and the story began and ended where it was. I felt that if Milestone were to come back, it should be in the form of further miniseries, rather than trying for a new ongoing.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Sunjata

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 06:18:43 am »

You'd probably save money hitting the quarter bins for back issues..

Sometimes I go trade-crazy, then have a bad case of buyer's remorse when I come back the next month to find I could've scooped all 12 issues for $3...  besides you can always chuckle at those old Saturday-morning cartoon ads :D

Yeah, that is probably a better way to catch up on Damage Control.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 06:34:33 am »
we need MORE Damage Control McD.
like i suggested... your Damage Control should come out at the end of every major Marvel Event.
there's lots of damage to fix.

3 issues was refreshing but i was sad to see it go.
how 'bout 5 or six?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:26 am »
That's a great idea, a Damage Control mini to close off each big event. I hope someone at Marvel has the same brainwave.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 10:01:22 am »
hmm... what are the odds that they are as wise as ol' Mastrmynd?
hmmm?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:12 am »
hmm... what are the odds that they are as wise as ol' Mastrmynd?
hmmm?
*thinks about One more Day*
The odds are not good. :P

-Harriet Tubman