Author Topic: BP Annual #1: Portrayal of America in "Black to the Future"  (Read 24379 times)

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
Re: BP Annual #1: Portrayal of America in "Black to the Future"
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 07:31:37 pm »
Just thought about this:  Wouldn't it be cool, if next year we could see a scene depicting the Panther and Storm being welcomed back to the White House by President and First Lady Obama as the Prez explains that because of diplomatic immunity, the Royal Couple are not required to adhere to the Super Human Registration Act?

Might also be cool to see Tony Stark fired as the SHIELD director, but I'll settle for just the first scenario.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 08:21:20 pm »
Just thought about this:  Wouldn't it be cool, if next year we could see a scene depicting the Panther and Storm being welcomed back to the White House by President and First Lady Obama as the Prez explains that because of diplomatic immunity, the Royal Couple are not required to adhere to the Super Human Registration Act?

Might also be cool to see Tony Stark fired as the SHIELD director, but I'll settle for just the first scenario.

Is America still pissed that foreign leaders helped fugitives break out of a government prison on American soil?

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 08:52:58 pm »

Is America still pissed that foreign leaders helped fugitives break out of a government prison on American soil?

The Negative Zone isn't American soil.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 04:42:03 am »
The Negative Zone isn't American soil.
Oooh, good point!

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 07:56:59 am »
I always figured it was kinda like a Guantanamo Bay situation, where its not technically America but it still counts

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 11:48:58 am »
I always figured it was kinda like a Guantanamo Bay situation, where its not technically America but it still counts

Hardly. The Negative Zone is not legally American soil.  Reed Richards and Stark put the prison there because they figured no one would mind or try to stop them.  In addition, everyone they have imprisoned there has been denied their right to counsel and a trial. 

If neither one of those clowns were Skrulls when this all went down, they have much to answer for.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 01:33:20 am »
If there is any interest in the matter,I would like to more comprehensively answer the questions our wonderful and dear michaelintp asked and partially answered regarding the slave trade in Africa prior to the entry of Europe.This has been a special interest of mine for awhile; even before I discovered that I have family in Namibia and The Sudan,and even before I began to earnestly seek my Ph.d. in Africana Studies.

Some of the information on the foregoing pages is false; some of it is merely incomplete."How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" is absolutely beautiful,but misses the core of michaelintp's question which--if i understand him aright--centered around slavery PRIOR to Europe.

I believe I can be of service here.If the interest is still there.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

wgreason

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 04:10:15 am »
Certainly.  I'm eager to see what you think of Thornton's thesis and evidence.

michaelintp

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 08:48:41 pm »
Yes, I'm eager to be enlightened by the Supreme Illuminati!

(Really, share what you know with us ...)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 12:19:11 pm »
Thank you wg and michaelintp for your interest.It will be in about 48 hours,as my foot still somewhat bothers me from a Skinhead attempt on my life ( sent 4 of the 6 perps to the hospital; long story) and I should be fully recovered by then.What shall follow in that time will be a post focusing on pre-European slavery as it pertains to Africa; both in the African definition of slavery and how its practice slowly altered over the millenia and the convulsions just prior to European penetration and domination.These areas are of the utmost importance if a historically faithful understanding of the African slave trade--the single most horrific occurrence byyyy faaarrr in human history (which says volumes considering horrific things like Auschwitz,the Inquisition,Rwanda,the Crusades and more)--and how these momentous centuries long pogroms lead directly to the collapse of the civilizations of the people who gifted the planet with humanity,human civilization and many of its most magnificent achievements.

Be forewarned: this rigorously accurate and historically faithful response is NOT for the faint of heart.It's a millenia and more of faar more Unpleasant and Inconvenient Truths tha anything Gore could dream up.It will torpedo mercilessly many historically false but cherished beliefs that perhaps quite a few people on HEF hold near and dear.Having had the experience--many a time--of having to rather brutally overcome deeply sentimental but factually false and socially destructive beliefs before,I will apologize ahead of time for what can be some hurtful and disillusioning (but absolutely historically faithful and scientifically accurate) facts that I may have to impart and then rigorously defend once cross-examined (and I guarantee that someone will feel the need to rigorously and minutely examine the data presented for the most minute and infinitesimal inaccuracy.They shall not find it because it doesn't exist; but my experience has shown me that many a reasonable and wonderful person loses every aspect of their reason under these circumstances...and will simply fashion falsehoods to shelter their beliefs rather than allow fact,logic,science,the scientific method and empirical evidence to be the primary elements when determining what they choose to have faith in). Therefore I shall provide my sources,allowing those whom are most interested and motivated to exaine the wellspring and font of most of my information.

If you are able to digest and appreciate the forthcoming information,I daresay that you will appreciate RH,RH BP and Wakanda faar better.You will see very clearly several significant aspects of how and why RH BP has to be the way that he is.Insofar as the fictional narrative of a fictional country can be so,there is categorically no doubt--from a historically rigorously accurate perspective--that fictional Wakanda is the inheritor of the first and premier civilization in world history: the all-Black Ptah-Seti/Wose/etc.  which the Greeks named Ethiopian.You will see easily ad trasparently how the USA and other European powers can have in the same government someone like our beloved michaelintp and the general we saw in RH BP#1...and how the "general types" both greatly outnumber the "michaelintp" types regarding positions of power and how the very decency of the "michaelintp" types binds them to the RH BP #1 General types consistently and unknowingly.

There is more,but I shall reveal it in 48-72 hours.See you then.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »
Thank you wg and michaelintp for your interest.It will be in about 48 hours,as my foot still somewhat bothers me from a Skinhead attempt on my life ( sent 4 of the 6 perps to the hospital; long story) and I should be fully recovered by then.

Wait a minute. You done broke your foot off in some skinhead asses? You need to roll with a film crew at all times, SI. You will be telling this story, I hope. I also hope you recover fully.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

michaelintp

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 11:35:11 pm »
I fully share Mr. Metcalf's sentiments, Supreme.  Also ... I'm glad you're OK ... and more. Trying to put my feelings into words would just sound lame, so I'll just leave it at that: "... and more."     

Though I daresay, once you moved on to your introduction of warning, I kinda lost focus ... I'm already feel anxious and woozy (if both feelings can occur at the same time) ... waiting for the next shoe to drop ...   :o

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:40 am »
Wait a minute. You done broke your foot off in some skinhead asses? You need to roll with a film crew at all times, SI. You will be telling this story, I hope. I also hope you recover fully.
Seconded. Personally, I picture SI actually typing out his posts on his mobile in the middle of these beatdowns.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 10:16:58 am »
If all goes as planned,then I will drop the beginnings of my response regarding pre-European slavery tonight.It has come to my attention tha some of the lurkers that we have here at HEF are some of my family and distant family.I would encourage them and any others who stop by to make an account and become a member of the HEF family; this is the best ongoing e-experience I have ever had.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 10:20:19 am »
And oh yeah...if someone willbring up the BEST FIGHT thread,I will cme with the specifics regarding the whole Skinhead thing too.Thank you one and all for the well wishes.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: