Author Topic: You Negroes should be more grateful  (Read 6851 times)

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
Re: You Negroes should be more grateful
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 09:17:03 pm »
Buchanan is a bigoted asshole.

As an aside, you might be interested to learn that he is also an antisemite. 

He is also a highly-respected political commentator and influential conservative and Republican.  So what does that say about the people and organizations that embrace him?

michaelintp

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 10:58:59 pm »

He is also a highly-respected political commentator and influential conservative and Republican.  So what does that say about the people and organizations that embrace him?

What that "says" is that there are schmucks on both the Left and the Right.   >:(  ...   ;D

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 05:01:29 am »
I for one am not surprised about how Buchanan thinks. When he ran for President, I wasn't fooled by his choice of Ezola Foster (a black woman), as his running mate. Having been rejected by his first two or three choices, Ezola was the best he could get. Years ago, I actually heard (and saw as I was watching him on t.v. at the time), Buchanan say something to the effect that America needs more Europeans and less Zulus. That was some time ago and my memory was fuzzy, so I had to find a source to verify if I'd heard correctly or not. Here is an excerpt of what Buchanan said:

Buchanan acknowledges he's saying things that most Americans would prefer not to hear and that many condemn as racist and inflammatory.

"My response is that it's too late in the day for political correctness," he says. "After Sept. 11, with those acts perpetrated by people we literally welcomed into this country, Americans ought to be aware there is such a thing as too much diversity, too much welcoming. Look: I've said that if you bring 100 Zulu tribesmen into Virginia and 1 million British, the British would be assimilated more comfortably. I base that on those British coming into an American culture based on English law and tradition. And when I said that, something that seems like a simple statement, I've been accused of racism."

Now, Buchanan says, "I could substitute Iranians or Saudis for the Zulu, and people might understand." And, he adds, originally citing the Zulus was in no way racist "because I'm friends with the Zulu ruler. It's just a matter of acknowledging the differences in culture."

http://boulderdirt.com/livingarts/books/13xbuch.html
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 07:01:37 am »

I always thought of antisemitism as a type of bigoted assholery instead of a separate category.
Semantics aside, I'm sure you're right about his specific and general assholiness.  ;)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."