Poll

Who would win in a battle between Falcon and Angel and why?

Samuel Wilson aka Falcon
16 (69.6%)
Warren Kenneth Worthington III aka Angel
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Who would win in a battle between Falcon and Angel and why?  (Read 21482 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Who would win in a battle between Falcon and Angel and why?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 06:14:30 pm »
1. as long as bart sears isn't doing the art chores.  cap and falcon started off horribly with his art... i couldn't tell who was who...yuck!

2. what if falcon took over The Crew? i mean... now that rhodes is back in with the gov't, wouldn't that work out well for the winged brother?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 05:25:27 pm »
I'd have to go with The Falcon.  Bart Sears art aside, go back and look at Priest's CAF series.  Falcon's a hard cat.  And, c'mon.  Angel?  Really?   ;D

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 06:58:34 pm »
there was a fun issue of thunderbolts where angel schooled the whole team  ;D

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 10:35:20 pm »
What? Angel beat down the whole T-bolts solo? And do we have a downlow Angel fan here?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 08:04:18 am »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:08:27 pm by JLI Jesse »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 06:47:43 pm »

Given the role of marrow in human beings, I doubt that Angel's bones are hollow and filled with air. 

I remember reading his file years ago. His bones are supposed to be hollow. Without his wings, Angel's body weight is less than an expected of his size and build. 

I know, in comic, they stated that his wings were hollow, but I think this could be a case like Wolverine's bones.  When I first started reading Wolvie in the 70s, his bones were solid adamntium.  His organic bones had been replaced.  (other times they just indicated that the adamandtium entirely covered the bones.  (That's why when the Sentinal in teh future vaporized him, all that was left was an intact complete skelton.)  But later they realized that a human couldn't live if his all his bones were metal or his bones were encased in metal so they changed it to his bones were "laced" with adamantium.  Initial thoughts were changed by a better understanding of science.  So, that may happen also with Angel.  Because, after all, like I said, all vertebrates bones are hollow; the question is what fills them?   I don't know if a human can survive with just air in their bones.  That's science beyond me.

Well, like some superhero flyers, Angel's muscle tissue is a little tougher than usual. He's not bullet proof, but it's strong enough to endure the stress from flight. That's why I don't agree with the Texeria drawing . Angel's fit, but not heavily built.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 12:14:41 pm »
Angel is getting underestimated in this thread. An aerial fight between the two would more than likely go in Warren's favor, although it would be a battle.  I'd give this battle 50/50 and lean towards Warren if i were to pick a winner..

Arch Angel absolutely destroys Falcon.

Angel isn't the same guy as back in the day when the Morlocks jumped him and damaged his wings. Apoc saw to that when he mutated his body even further with his specialized wings and blue skin. You can't always go by those Marvel stat lines. They don't always jive with what's been shown in the books.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 02:53:33 pm »
if so, how?
why?
uh oh...
someone is gonna die.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:08 pm »
I'll be unpopular for saying this, no-doubt... I pray Archangel isn't Warren. Why? Because it would be the worst cop-out. It's like Xavier being paralyzed again. Or Jean Grey dying again. Or yet another tyrant of a far-off world wanting Storm to be his queen. Or another one of Wolverine's love interests being murdered.

There are only so many times the same story can be told. To tell the same story over again with the same character borders on insanity.

I hope it's Josh Guthrie.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 07:43:08 pm »
I'll be unpopular for saying this, no-doubt... I pray Archangel isn't Warren. Why? Because it would be the worst cop-out. It's like Xavier being paralyzed again. Or Jean Grey dying again. Or yet another tyrant of a far-off world wanting Storm to be his queen. Or another one of Wolverine's love interests being murdered.

There are only so many times the same story can be told. To tell the same story over again with the same character borders on insanity.

I hope it's Josh Guthrie.

yeah; Josh would be an interesting way to go.  THe thing is, I think either way is "same old".  So probably the better deciding factor is, is this retreading old ground or fixing a bad decision (return him to the feathers).  I kind of think it's the latter.  Angel is lame with feathers; surprased by the originals Hawkman and Hawkwoman.  Archangel has more story potential.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 07:49:00 pm »
Outdated, but not lame.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 09:04:45 pm »
I don't think he's lame with feathers. I just think not enough has been done with him. It's kind of like having this thing happen with a character that you know should have this lasting effect... and nothing comes of it. Wasted potential.

It wasn't a bad decision to go back to feathers. The bad decision was doing it and then letting the storyline falter. Razor wings alone don't make you a bad ass. If Angel was a bad ass after getting the metallic wings, he should have stayed a badass afterwards. It was a pivotal moment for him getting back the feathers.

It's like Psylocke losing her telepathy. Sure, it took her down a notch, but if you look at why she lost it (using her mind to contain the Shadow King) and the trade-off (the Crimson Dawn powers), that was worth a hell of a lot more to her character development. Claremont should be bitch-slapped for doing the flip-flop and giving her telekinesis. It completely undercut whatever significance it had.

Now... I can rant about some REAL bull. Decimation was bullsh*t. Scarlet Witch is more powerful than all the celestial beings? Yeah right. And NO-ONE in the main X-teams get hit? Bullsh*t. Aw hell... I better stop, because if I get started, I'll be organizing a lynch mob to hunt down Bendis, Brubaker, and Morrison.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008, 10:45:09 am »
I must be the only person who hated Archangel. ANYbody could have been transformed into that. It was lazy writers who thought Angel needed an upgrade to "wolverine status." Mutants require thought and almost nobody gives them that (which is why I'm glad so many mutants are gone now). Just as Sam Wilson is only a guy with some fight training in a high tech flying suit, Warren is more than a guy with pretty wings.

In order for him to do what he does he would have to have a host of other mutations- in his brain, in his muscles, in his bones, in his eyes- that make him simply physically superior to most normal humans EVEN IF YOU CUT HIS WINGS OFF. If you rad more recent issues of the Xbooks, say over the last five years, you will find Warren is less like an Angel and more like a giant predator bird. Eagles, hawks, owls, all of them are incredibly dangerous, incredibly deadly creatures. They don't just eat mice. They kill other birds, in the air, and eat them. If Warren has "super" versions of their abilities he simply outclasses Falcon, certainly in the air and probably on the ground.

And, no, I don't have any particular affection for him. I think Sam would kick the crap out of Iceman, Cyclops, possibly Thunderbird and several others. But in a straight up fight with Angel, he loses. No question.

Unless a good writer figures a way for Sam to "judo" the situation (using Warren's strengths against him) he loses. He loses fast.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 05:39:23 pm »
If Warren is more like a predatory bird,Redjack has a serious point.Unless Falcon's telepathic bond with all avians also lends him raptor-like instincts and hunting abilities--something I wouldn't be shocked to learn,cuz I tend to think that Sam is a low grade mutant or at least an "altered human"--I would think that Warren would have a nearly insurmountable advantage over Sam.Predatory birds have extra keen sight,hunting ferocity,and a brain that can process visual information at accelerated speeds due to their swift flight.I would suppose that Falcon has these same abilities,the only question would be to WHAT EXTENT would these abilities manifest? Since Warren is categorized as a full fledged mutant and Sam isn't,I would further suppose that Warren would have the edge in these abilities...but not necessarily. Doesn't our own TChalla possess senses nearly as keen as,equal to or in one area (sight) even more keen than Wolverine? Yet TChalla is understood to NOT be a mutant.The Falcon could be the aerial equivalent to BP (don't even try to go there with Solomon Prey).And if Sam used birds to force Warren to the ground and just capped on Warren with the gats that CJP gave him,I think this could be over quick.

I'm thinking that CJP should write THE FALCON and resurrect Kasper Cole and THE CREW,btw,and guest with RH BP and Storm too.   
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw