Author Topic: Miami Vice, gonna by DOPE...  (Read 5268 times)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Miami Vice, gonna by DOPE...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 09:21:26 pm »
I'm gonna pass because I don't particularly like Jamie Fox...if I hear him say "I'm gonna make it do what it do" one more time, I might throw up.

I like Collateral (even though that freak Tom Cruise is in it) but for the most part, I just find him annoying.

Add that to the fact that it seems to be little like the series, I'll pass. 

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 04:02:47 pm »
I wanted to see this movie alot,but they snatched it out of Long Beach so fast that I barely got a chance to start looking when it was gone.
I like Jamie Foxx AND Tom Cruise.IMO they are both intelligent,very talented and STILL underestimated.Anybody who can go from THE LAST SAMURAI to VANILLA SKY gotz skills,period point blank.And anybody who can go from Willie Beamon to the taxicab driver in COLLATERAL mos def has skillz.Respect that there.

I'm hunting for the DVD now...but it's hard to find.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 10:07:18 pm »
Just watched on DVD.  This flick is about 15-20 years too late.  Every movie since the show that has dealt with the subject of trafficing has tried to emulate the show so when "the show" finally decides to make a movie it just comes off as dated.

Also, the casting was all wrong.  Jamie was just okay.  Farrell was totally out of pocket.  Their boss (dude -- jazz club owner from Collateral) not believable at all.   Gong Li's character (obviously Chunese) grew up in Havana, Cuba, Angola, wherever else, speaks fluent Espanol everything under the sun except Mandarin that facet of the story was just too far fetched (possible yes, likely no).

I like the whole DV style of photography and the shoot-out was okay (Heat's was WAY better). 

Collateral was a better movie.