Author Topic: Wakanda hosting the Olympics?  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Wakanda hosting the Olympics?
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »
hmm... that would be interesting if there were an arc where Wakanda hosted an olympics tournament.. (hey, make it the Winter Olympics!).. heh-heh.. have political intrigue from various factions who want to sabotage, etc..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Wakanda hosting the Olympics?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 03:18:28 pm »
OR someone could make a NEW Laff-O-lympics!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:21:29 pm »
actually it will be additional ammo for the hudlin haters so i dont think that it'll work
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:43:37 pm »
actually it will be additional ammo for the hudlin haters so i dont think that it'll work
Wakandans often kill their enemies with their own ammo..  ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 07:24:58 pm »
I liiiiike.
 ;D

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 05:01:01 am »
hmm... that would be interesting if there were an arc where Wakanda hosted an olympics tournament.. (hey, make it the Winter Olympics!).. heh-heh.. have political intrigue from various factions who want to sabotage, etc..

It wouldn't fit Reg's idea of Wakanda.  They didn't even like the idea of allowing aa few people into the country for the wedding.  "We don't have hotels."   Imagine them allowing in the thousands of thousands who come to see the Olypmics.  Plus with their isolationist ideas, they probably don't even send people to the Olympics in other countries.

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:50:44 am »

It wouldn't fit Reg's idea of Wakanda.  They didn't even like the idea of allowing aa few people into the country for the wedding.  "We don't have hotels."   Imagine them allowing in the thousands of thousands who come to see the Olypmics.  Plus with their isolationist ideas, they probably don't even send people to the Olympics in other countries.

Interesting in that T'Challa was sent to universities outside of Wakanda to receive an education.  Why was that?  In addition, Wakanda has at least one embassy in the United States.  Wouldn't that require that there be an American embassy in Wakanda?
Some issues here that bear exploring.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 05:05:13 am »
Interesting in that T'Challa was sent to universities outside of Wakanda to receive an education.  Why was that?  In addition, Wakanda has at least one embassy in the United States.  Wouldn't that require that there be an American embassy in Wakanda?
Some issues here that bear exploring.
With the scenes of T'Charra before his assassination, I thought he was tryingt o move Wakanda into a less isolationist position, and his wife and then son continued this. In fact, after the Annual, it seems that T'Challa and his Dad have been trying to find an alternative to the stark choices Wakanda faced during slavery - start a war and fight for freedom, or protect your own freedoms and let everyone else fend for themselves.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

wgreason

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 07:36:04 am »
WC and Snoop, "The Streets" as the soundtrack?