Author Topic: Skrull invasion and the marriage haters are frothting already  (Read 5711 times)

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
After all this time they won't let it go. They're POSITIVE this is when Storm will be revealed to be a Skrull rendering the marriage null and void.

Now this very well COULD HAPPEN...but I seriously doubt it. It seems to me, and this is all speculation of course, but Marvel thinks this is a viable couple. Fans irrational hatred of Hudlin or not, BP and Storm aren't going anywhere. Its not a storypoint tied to him or his tenure. Again, I could be wrong, but I doubted.

It'll just...never end.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Skrull invasion and the marriage haters are frothting already
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:09:26 pm »
if it does happen, then... man... more money to spend on Dynamite comics.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:11 pm »
if it does happen, then... man... more money to spend on Dynamite comics.

Look at it this way:

If the first marriage between T'Challa & Ororo is to be revealed to be a Skrull subterfuge, well... :-\

...that's all the reason for great storytelling; T'Challa to court the real Ororo. Should be easier the second time around! :D

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:47 pm »
I dont know im still trying to figure out why they dont like hudlin or storm and BP being married. Im really trying to understand but each reason is beyond stupid. It amazes me that people talk about how great of a writer priest was but at the same time never read or even purchased the book when he was writing. It is just bullsh*t to me.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:38:49 pm »
I dont know im still tRying to figure out why they dont like hudlin or storm And BP being married. Im really trying to understand but eaCh reason IS beyond stupid. It aMazes me that people talk about how great of a writer priest was but at the same time never read or even purchased the book when he was writing. It is just bullsh*t to me.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:15:34 pm »
Well, a good prank to play would for them to reveal that Storm is a Skrull.  Only we find out that she was "replaced" on her way back to Wakanda to join her husband after the Killmonger storyline.  So, in otherwords, she was only a Skrull for half a book.  :)

and there is an interview with Aaron at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16415

Interesting--looking at the pictures, I almost wonder if both sides have lost the use of technology because everone is fighting with spears.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:20:57 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 08:04:53 pm »
I'd be awesome to see BP fighting the Skrulls in the Thrice-Blessed Armor again.

Yeah the spears are kinda curious.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 01:30:53 am »
Interesting--looking at the pictures, I almost wonder if both sides have lost the use of technology because everone is fighting with spears.
And the technological sophistication of Wakanda quickly becomes useless, as we'll see in the opening salvos of the battle," Aaron continued. "This turns into a ground war. Hand to hand combat.
Looks like both sides for whatever reason lose their tech, and they mention Storm fighting hand-to-hand, so maybe powers (her mutant abilities, the Skrull's shapeshifting) are cancelled out too.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 05:21:23 am »
oh snap!
just think... T'challa activated a Wakandan power dampener.
no weapons...(we know he can shut down regular ol' guns)...no powers?

either way, it comes down to hand to hand combat/warfare.

so...if you've only been raised to fight with heavy machinery, then your ass is toast against the Wakandans.

gotta see this!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 07:08:47 am »
It's on!  Black Panther is a master at hand-to-hand combat and so is Storm (taught by some of the best)......now we'll see why the Wakandans are bad ass across the board!

Not sure what to think of Bendis' latest overblown story ("Invasion".....will wait and see it blow over the top before commenting further....

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 07:16:31 am »
Damn, the artwork for Black Panther #39 is good! :)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:58:19 am »
I'd be awesome to see BP fighting the Skrulls in the Thrice-Blessed Armor again.

Spears are actually very effective weapons:  It can act as a melee weapon plus it can thrown for yards. The head of a spear can customized barbed, razor-sharp or even blunted. The head can even be imbued with toxins that can kill its target (which is assumed to be non-mechanical). 

It can even be launched from a ballista.

One can only imagine what kind of advanced tech the Wakandans can create with Vibranium spears. :D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 05:31:02 am »

Spears are actually very effective weapons:  It can act as a melee weapon plus it can thrown for yards. The head of a spear can customized barbed, razor-sharp or even blunted. The head can even be imbued with toxins that can kill its target (which is assumed to be non-mechanical). 

It can even be launched from a ballista.

One can only imagine what kind of advanced tech the Wakandans can create with Vibranium spears. :D

Well, I think the question isn't "Why are the Wakandans using spears, but why are the Skrulls?"  From the article, (if you don't want spoilers, stop reading) it seems like the Wakandans' tech is taken out of the picture.  But from the picture, it looks like the Skrulls tech is also knocked out.  If it's the Wakandans who took out the Skrull's tech, then they're going to Skrull's are getting caught flatfooted.  (If the Skrulls are the one who made it a tech-free zone, then they should have some amazing portalbe weapons; weapons that human shape bodies can't use.  Plus they could have Skrull posions or bio-weapons.)

But I tell you, unless T'challa can also take out the Skrull's shape-shifting ability, Vibranium spears, even with poison, shouldn't help.  You can't stab blobs and Skrulls can move their vital organs. Also, we've seen a Skrull have had his throat ripped out and they come back.  Being outnumbered 5 to 1 (for the entire population) also gives the Skrulls a lot of Cannonfodder.  Then again, these Skrulls are turning out to be as stupid as they've always been.

After all, to take England they send armies of Super-skrulls.  To take Wakanda, they send ONE, and his powers--he has the ability of Earth's top-street fighters?!?  First, street-fighters have skill that's a product of training, not genetics.  Besides, only a fanboy would send a Street-fighter to fight Black Panther.  A smart military commander would send a Super-skrull with the power of Hulk, Professor X and Kitty Pryde.  Or something like that--a character that a techless Black Panther would have a hard time fighting, plus you send several others.

But ultimately I think these Skrull's are neither formidable nor smart--Look at England again.  Captain Britan knocks the head off of a Squadon Supreme empowered Skrull.  Spitfire is ripping throats out right and left.   These guys are turning out of be lame as Skrulls always are.

Still, that doesn't mean these stories won't be a good read--Captain Britan number one was and the BP can be too, it's just in the overall scheme of a major invasion, these books aren't making the Skrulls look either powerful or smart.  Which, I have to admit, is what I want--I wanted a Skrull invasion fleet that was smart and I wanted Warskrulls that are as powerful as the originals combined.  I don't think I'm getting that. 

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 10:32:19 am »
as the writer of the Panther book, I'm sure Mr. Reggie is consulted when folks want to use Panther/Storm.. and it would be grossly distasteful if some editorial mandate came down that she "had" to be a skrull just for the sake of appeasing whoever (Bendis's muse, fanboy antipathy, etc.)...
Be Kind to Someone Today.