Author Topic: Venus Williams wins 5th Wimbleton Title  (Read 3866 times)

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
Venus Williams wins 5th Wimbleton Title
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:23:28 am »
Venus beats Serena at the Wimbleton Finals giving her a 5th Title and pulls ahead of Billie Jean King to the third spot of winning the most Wimbleton Titles behind Steffi Graf (7) and Martina Navratilova (9)

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
Re: Venus Williams wins 5th Wimbleton Title
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:13:25 am »
a great achievement. It's a shame no one is talking about it

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 10:45:16 am »
a great achievement for both of them-- and while I'm not an expert on gauging this, it seems they should be getting more endorsement deals...they've certainly had no scandals, etc..   how do the other tennis pros compare in that area?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 05:20:52 pm »
It was the best match they ever played against each other but I wanted Serena to win. The men's match was bananas and I wanted Nadal to win.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 07:16:51 pm »
I thoroughly enjoyed Wimbledon 2008; Serena and Venus Williams in a singles final of a major, them in the doubles final of a major and Nadal out-playing Federer to win the Men's championship.
...Rassclaat.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:22:56 pm »
I'm always happy to see Venus win because she seems like an underdog compared to her sister.

Besides she always looks so darn happy when she wins like a little kid. She had to tone the jumping up and down stuff down a notch since it was her sister she beat.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:25:59 pm »
I always root for Serena and what I really liked was her being pouty and saying Venus was just another opponent as far as sghe was concerned on the court. In the past it was always 'oh I hate playing my sister' and some dreadful matches. This was a good match and them acting like it was just a game.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 07:11:56 am »
They may be the greatest sports siblings ever. To be at such a high level for so long is truly remarkable.
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 10:08:36 pm »
I always root for Serena and what I really liked was her being pouty and saying Venus was just another opponent as far as sghe was concerned on the court. In the past it was always 'oh I hate playing my sister' and some dreadful matches. This was a good match and them acting like it was just a game.
They may be the greatest sports siblings ever. To be at such a high level for so long is truly remarkable.

Cosign and double cosign
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw