Author Topic: T'Challa meets Obama?  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
T'Challa meets Obama?
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:27:40 am »
 if (when?) Sen. Obama gets elected/inaugurated, it would be great to have a future Panther issue where they meet...  ;D
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
Re: T'Challa meets Obama?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:35:02 pm »
Hopefully T'Challa and Ororo will visit the Obama White House after they announce the repeal of the Super Human Registration Act. ;D

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:41:29 pm »
I prefer the Panther and the US in an adversarial relationship. Please God no love fest. Please.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:51:21 pm by Princesa »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:27:05 pm »
I prefer the Panther and the US in an adversarial relationship. Please God no love fest. Please.

While I don't like the Panther/US adversarial relationship, as things stand, changing the president shouldn't change things. 

(Hmmm, if Obama wins, will we see a change in writers using gov't as a bad guy?  For example, would they ever have the "Red Skull" or the like in Obama's cabinet?)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »
And this is another reason why I disagree with using real life politicians.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 12:52:53 pm »
Obama--whether elected or not--will not and cannot change wholesale the operation of the system of legal,social and economic oppression rather ignorantly summed up as "racism". Recall that slavery was established to meet the demands of the ECONOMIC colonial system,and BOTH ASPECTS of this chameleonic hydra must be addressed in order to actually slay it.

Put bluntly,in order for things to change? The 60's "radicals" were correct in their assessment,but not in their execution.Real justice,liberty,freedom,etc. requires a wholesale revolution.That means a war.A civil war of NONsuperpowered people (using legal and extralegal means,using extensive reeducation,counterpropaganda,economic leverage and international pressure) whom are nevertheless "super" heroes.It won't be pretty or popular.People will die.Innocent people will die.Horribly.Unfairly.Like in the first Revolutionary War.Like how Black women do as the LEADING KILLER OF BLACK WOMEN is AIDS.(How can an unnatural virus be the leading killer of a specific segment of a population that has been the most historically oppressed unless that unnatural virus is surreptitiously and consistently introduced spcifically to that segment of the population? And what entity in this society has the orgaization,will and resources to do such a thing? Only one: THE US GOVERNMENT. Sounds like awar is already being waged,and HAS been waged for decades.But only one side knows that we're at war...and it ain't Black people as a whole.)This system and its institutions must be ripped up by its roots,utterly and ruthlessly destroyed,and replaced by an actually beneficial and functioning system.Let's try REAL democracy and REAL federal republic government (like we had after the actual USA CIVIL WAR) instead of what we have now...which is a cold bloodedly brilliant,highly adaptive,extremely exploitative colonial system dressed up as democracy,justice,liberty,freedom,et al.

So Obama will still have US interests first and foremost in his mind.While Obama may not actually be so quick to go to war with Wakanda,I would be very very much shocked if the POTUS--whoever he turns out to be--wouldn't go all out to INCREASE the clandestine efforts to penetrate Wakanda's government and society in every level.If the Skrulls have taught us anything,it should be an absolute premium on recognizing and nuetralizing any threat and distinguishing whom are REALLY our friends and allies.

Without a split second's hesitation,I would pursue the interests and security of the USA with even greater intensity than ever before.And I'm as pro-Black as they come.But being pro-Black is IMHO no form of contradiction with being anti-security in the same way that being pro-Black doesn't necessarily mean anti-White.I'd be all over SHIELD,Latveria,Asgard,Hydra,AIM,The Hand,and everybody else foreign or domestic.Including Wakanda.

Wakanda has been prepared for The Skrulls and everybody else precisely because of their unblinking vigilance and comprehensive contingency plans.I'd follow suit with gusto.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 09:47:00 am »
Supreme is right.

It would have to come down to Civil War in order for things to change around here.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 04:43:11 pm »
^^^I gotta be right if Battle cosigns!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »
Supreme is right.

It would have to come down to Civil War in order for things to change around here.

Not really.  It's a comic...real life geo-political machinations have limited effect on comic book governmental policy.  Supreme is right about real life, but off base with "comic book reality".  If the writer of BP or the Avengers wants make Obama a Wakandan adversary...it'll happen.  I have to agree with Princesa here, though...I'm not a big fan of real world figures in comics...it horribly dates the comics and makes the sliding time scale all bonkers.  Try reading some of the comics from the 60s/70s with Nixon, Carter and Ford.