Author Topic: What if...Namor and his people moved to Wakanda?  (Read 8849 times)

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
What if...Namor and his people moved to Wakanda?
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:20:28 am »
What if after Namor had the Atlantians to evacuate their city-state, Atlantis, he formed an alliance with
the Wakandan king, T'Challa aka Black Panther and the Atlantian people have now resided in Wakanda?

How would this effect Wakanda and the Wakandans?

Would this scenario work out best for the Wakandans and Atlantians or for the worse?

When do you think the Wakandans and Atlantians might get very, very hostile with each other?

Where would Namor and his people fit in this society of air-breathers?

And most importantly, what would happen if Namor and his people were to stay in Wakanda for
a very long period of time until Atlantis has been rebuilt?

Well, that's it with the questions.

So then, any comments?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:39:20 am by Frostbite883 »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: What if...Namor and his people moved to Wakanda?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:25:58 am »
Sounds like very fertile ground for future stories to me.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:03:27 am »
It could never work. Namor is one of the most arrogant and intemperate rulers there is and eventually there would be a clash between him and the Panther that would probably escalate into an all out war.

I could see some perceived slight on the part of T'Challa towards Namor that would incite him to declare war on Wakanda.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 11:54:22 am »
hmm i beg to differ they may not have that much trust in one another but i think for temporary means it would work out. But the question of the day is how will Namor and Doom work things out?
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 03:51:21 pm »
that is a GREAT WHAT IF story?
one issue or a 3 issue WHAT IF story arc? Hmmm?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 04:51:21 pm »
I can see the Panther using that to his advantage. Namor would be a "Naval" threat that BP could exploit to help protect Wakanda and Namor and his outcasts would enjoy the protection and technology that Wakanda offers.  In that event, you KNOW there would be a big throwdown between Wakanda and SHIELD.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 07:00:43 pm »
they'd have to fight.
tony stark would have a serious decision to make...

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:26:20 am »
It'll also be funny if T'Challa's queen, Storm, was the one to stop their infighting with
each other (if it ever comes to that) and she would tell them off on their immature
behavior in a situation like this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:32:57 pm by Frostbite883 »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 03:43:02 pm »
*dials 1-800-WHAT-IF*

Hello, Marvel.  We have a story idea for you.  We need you to get Hudlin & McDuffie to write it and Sal & Bob and Eaton, Portela and our fave HEFFA artist to do the art chores.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 09:24:37 pm »
I could see the wakandans getting so fed up with the outsiders that they would change the water the Atlanteans so desperatly need to alchohol.
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Frostbite883

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:56:53 pm »
I could see the wakandans getting so fed up with the outsiders that they would change the water the Atlanteans so desperatly need to alchohol.

And the Atlanteans would do some payback of their with the Wakandans anyway they can.

Whether by insulting them outright, intimidating them, disrupting the Wakandans traditional ceremonies, etc.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 10:30:20 am »
BP+Namor=Civil War.Skrulls would take on the winner (BP) and STILL lose.But Wakanda would be in shambles,and invite another attempt by a usurper.Who will lose.Tiny Wakanda can stalemate the entire unified forces of the rest of the planet combined...she's not worried about a few stupid nations or a continent or two actin froggy.Wakanda would be like:"For we are protected...by the Panther God and the Red,the Black,and the Green; with THE KEY! Siiisssssssssyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! AMANDLA!" and lay that black boot stomp on 'em.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:58 am »
It could never work. Namor is one of the most arrogant and intemperate rulers there is and eventually there would be a clash between him and the Panther that would probably escalate into an all out war.

I could see some perceived slight on the part of T'Challa towards Namor that would incite him to declare war on Wakanda.

It wouldn't be the first time Namor and T'Challa butt heads. I have the issue of The Defenders where Namor and T'Challa came close to war.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 05:14:10 pm »
Really? I didn't know about that. I DO recall BP and SM going to war (with the Deviant Lemurians being central to this conflict) in CJP'S BP. Incredibly well written arc.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

michaelintp

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 10:55:21 pm »
Whaddya talkin' about?  The Atlanteans would become debilitated dehydrated wimps, and the Wakandans would kick their butts in two minutes flat.  Or maybe not, out of pure mercy.   ;D