Author Topic: Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton  (Read 6217 times)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:40:50 am »

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
Re: Ludacris Releases Song Attacking Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:32 pm »
Ummm....so?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:46:29 pm »
Are you telling me if a song came out calling Obama a bitch, nobody here would care?

This song just shows that money and fame can't buy class.

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 09:10:42 pm »
Are you telling me if a song came out calling Obama a bitch, nobody here would care?

John McCain said that Obama would rather lose a war than lose an election.  That's tantamount to calling him a traitor.  Pretty despicable, but no one has started a thread about it here.

I do agree with your last comment though.

wgreason

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:40:50 am »
I thought the song attacked George W. Bush more than anyone, but it did the most damage to Barack Obama.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:44:54 am »
Ludacris' intentions were good regardless of the result.

Obama never should have addressed the issue, that only served to exacerbate the situation. It seems like he's always jumping through hoops refuting what another brotha says when he should just ignore it.

You have to pick your battles and his is with McCain.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:16:16 pm by TripleX »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 11:56:51 am »
go Luda!  ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:06 pm »

That is a very good point. Also i think that it is very ignorant and im surprised that this isnt getting alot of bad exposure. I can bet if some rock n roll artist said some of ignorant thing about Obama it would get alot of heat and again it shows how the silly double standard is in this country.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 08:17:39 am »
He's not a politician, he's a music artist.  People attack hip hop for not caring about the community (although they do more than most R&B artists) then when they use their art to make a difference, attacked again.

Obama maintained his position of civility and denounced the song. 

But Luda showed class by not responding.  Unlike others who are closer to Obama who were in similar situations.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 09:43:01 am »
People attack hip hop for not caring about the community (although they do more than most R&B artists) then when they use their art to make a difference, attacked again.

But Reg, sometimes what you say directly affects your message and what you mean.  If the song had focused on praising Obama rather than using extremely distasteful wording for Clinton, McCain, etc., the song would have been seen as positive.  Heck, Obama could have even used the song.

In the mainstream media/politics/ etc. someone calling a politician they disagree with a bitch is never going to be praised for caring about their community. 

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 10:11:31 am »
heh-heh...Sen. Clinton gets no love from me for the campaign she conducted, and any "moderates" who call themselves not voting for Sen. Obama because of some record tangentially 'connected' to him can go to blazes...

...for whatever it's worth, I doubt Ludacris much cares about being invited to any Clinton-spearheaded functions... He's got his own non-profit charity, so hopefully he'll continue to keep that going.. this time, at least he has no current-standing endorsements for the company to get nervous and drop him from..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:14:24 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 06:32:41 pm »
People attack hip hop for not caring about the community (although they do more than most R&B artists) then when they use their art to make a difference, attacked again.

But Reg, sometimes what you say directly affects your message and what you mean.  If the song had focused on praising Obama rather than using extremely distasteful wording for Clinton, McCain, etc., the song would have been seen as positive.  Heck, Obama could have even used the song.

In the mainstream media/politics/ etc. someone calling a politician they disagree with a bitch is never going to be praised for caring about their community. 

Praised by the people who attack him, no.  But he may be speaking what his audience is feeling.

However, notice how many artists...from Will I Am to Luda, are inspired by Obama?  Who is writing jams for McCain?  Wait, these is a country act, right?

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 12:04:44 pm »

Praised by the people who attack him, no.  But he may be speaking what his audience is feeling.

However, notice how many artists...from Will I Am to Luda, are inspired by Obama?  Who is writing jams for McCain?  Wait, these is a country act, right?
Im not too sure. But dont his lyrics add to the fire of why blacks dont like Repubs? He says "so get off your ass, black people, it's time to get out and vote!"
Shouldnt blacks get off their ass and vote for a person they want not because everyone else is or a man of color could be president or "history could be made"? We already know that blacks are forcefed from childhood that one should vote Dem (even though it isnt guaranteed that Dems will take office) or they are considered a traitor or a uncle tom. Which is nothing new
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 11:45:00 am »
is every black person in the country in obama's campaign? who cares what luda writes..it's a song... he's not running for any office that i'm aware of. obama shouldn't have even bothered addressing this nonsense.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 03:16:43 pm »
My point is that if say some white musican did exactly the same with a song that showed the same type of ignorance. I guarantee the trinity of the ABJLA or Angry Black Just Us League of Americaâ„¢ would try to protest.