Author Topic: The Anime Thread  (Read 32519 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Anime Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 09:41:48 am »
What was Rahxephon about? I have Gatchaman and something called Betterman, did you see Ergo Proxy?

Rahxephon is a "reworking" of Brave Raideen a giant robot anime. It's sort of a cross between an old school giant monster of week punch-fest and Evangelion, but more coherent-I still don't know what happened at the end of that series.

Didn't see Ergo Proxy, but if you liked that you probably like Gilgamesh. Here's the website:

http://www.gilxx.com/index.html   

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 10:00:12 am »
I remember when I was discovering Anime as a kid...Transor Z, Voltron, Gatchaman (battle of the planets)...I'm starting to get that feeling again being introduced to stuff like Black Lagoon, Full Metal Panic and other things you guys are suggesting on here.  Thanks!  Now if only we could get someone to remake Space Giants, I'll REALLY be happy!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:57 pm »
Who? you mean the goody Goldar, his wife Silvar, and their son the robot boy Gam?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 01:03:27 pm »
Who? you mean the goody Goldar, his wife Silvar, and their son the robot boy Gam?

BINGO!  You got it!  Man, I used to RUN top speed home from school everyday to see that show.  I think it was called Space Giants...I just remember Goldar, Silvar and Gam used to turn into rockets and beat the snot out of alien beasts and voltron-like threats!  Gimme that and a nice helping of SpecterMan and I'm good.  It's nothing but live action anime.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 02:20:32 pm »
That was space giants...TBS used to have all that isht! Spectraman was alright, but I wanted more Ultraman and Masked Rider or as it was called in japan Kamen rider black but the japanese version not the one with the american kid

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 04:18:57 pm »
That was space giants...TBS used to have all that isht! Spectraman was alright, but I wanted more Ultraman and Masked Rider or as it was called in japan Kamen rider black but the japanese version not the one with the american kid

I used to watch Ultraman and SpecterMan and Space Giants on TBS, too!  I was done with Ultraman when I saw one episode where it looked like the monster he was fighting fell asleep! LOL 

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 03:38:14 am »
Not a fan of Kamen rider black?

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 05:24:39 am »
Next Avengers comes out on DVD Sep 2

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 07:04:29 am »
Not a fan of Kamen rider black?

It's kinda strange...Power Rangers turned me off of stuff like that for a good while.  I didn't discover Kamen Rider Black/Masked Rider until after PR and by then, I didn't want to see it.

Next Avengers comes out on DVD Sep 2

I'm gonna see it, but it doesn't look too promising.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 01:43:53 pm »
I understand how that could turn you off as the PRs were the weakest garbage out there but the original japanese version of masked rider was the bomb. It was more like an Ultraman show, he had different types of battle armor, a car and the bike that could transform! plus he would draw a katana from within his belt buckle. The fight scenes were choreographed much better than the shows that aired in america ( the live action shows like golgo 13/city hunter and the yakuza soap operas were the isht)

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 04:52:50 pm »
I'm huge into the anime Black Lagoon right now, the 2nd barrage has finally ben released, just last week.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 05:07:43 pm »
I'm huge into the anime Black Lagoon right now, the 2nd barrage has finally ben released, just last week.

I've had it for about two weeks and it's pretty good.  A couple of elements were kinda sick and twisted and that was just the first 3 or 4 episodes! LOL  I can't wait to get through the rest of them.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 06:00:03 pm »
Black lagoon is a good series and the graphics are pretty tight.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:07 am »
Just looked up Black Lagoon on Wiki.

Sounds great!

I'll probably try to pick it up on the weekend.

Has anyone here seen Negima! yet? I currently following the Manga but I havent seen the anime yet. 

It sort of a cross between Harry Potter and Love Hina (as insane as that sounds).

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 07:55:18 am »
I have never seen harry potter or love hine what are they about? I thought black lagoon was one of the most underrated animes that came out last year (maybe due to death notes' popularity)