Author Topic: The Anime Thread  (Read 51026 times)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
Re: The Anime Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 05:28:32 pm »
Theresa with the Faint Smile was off the hook.  Shame what happened to her, though...but the series (already intense) picks up even more after the Theresa eps!  The REAL Voracious Eater is ridiculous!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2008, 03:46:01 am »
Theresa with the Faint Smile was off the hook.  Shame what happened to her, though...but the series (already intense) picks up even more after the Theresa eps!  The REAL Voracious Eater is ridiculous!

Someone told me at work its rumored for another season.  I seriously doubt  it but Im gonna check it out and see if its jsut a rumor.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2008, 10:33:42 am »
STILL haven't watched Dead Space, but I'm about 5 episodes into Claymore and it's the TRUTH.  The ep with the voracious eater was really good.  My only pet peeve...the kid.  He annoys the hell outta me, but other than that, I really dig it.

You just getting to the good part...Teresa of the Faint Smile...

I'm still loving the Claymore series!  I think this is a rare one, for me, that is MUCH better subtitled than dubbed.

I know its old news, but I found that I liked Cowboy Bebop a lot better with the dubbed voices.  That's the only Anime I can say that about.

I'll pick up Black Lagoon as soon as I can find a complete season pack.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2008, 10:47:42 am »
I'm digging Black Lagoon, I got the Second Barrage a couple months ago and I've seen the first 5 or 6 eps.  I'm tearing through Claymore right now and I'm about halfway through it.  Has anyone seen Straight Jacket? I saw a little something about it online, but I haven't seen the OVA yet.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2008, 05:41:03 am »
I haven't seen anything more on it either man and like you I thought it looked interesting so I am on the lookout for it, I just picked up Full metal Panic Fumoff or whatever that last part is and I have been lmao! by the way have any of you guys seen Dead Space yet?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2008, 02:18:39 pm »
I haven't seen anything more on it either man and like you I thought it looked interesting so I am on the lookout for it, I just picked up Full metal Panic Fumoff or whatever that last part is and I have been lmao! by the way have any of you guys seen Dead Space yet?

Just got Dead Space at the store for rent, gonna take it home and check it out.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2008, 02:53:49 pm »
I've started and restarted Dead Space 4 or 5 times.  I pick the most inopportune times to watch it....2 - 3AM and I end up falling asleep on it.  I can tell you it's gory...real gory, but I like it.  I'm going to try and finish it today sometime while hiding from my in-laws!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2008, 03:18:13 am »
Heh Heh good luck with both!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2008, 12:17:44 pm »
Heh Heh good luck with both!

Success, Guiseppi!!  I finished Dead Space and Claymore today.  Dead Space was pretty good and I absolutely love Claymore...even though Raki got on my last nerve!  There has to be a sequel...the way it ended with Easley and Priscilla...and with the partially awakened Claymores...there's too much there to leave on the table.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2008, 12:34:06 pm »
does dead space make you want to play the video game?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2008, 08:01:06 am »
Did you think DS could have been made into a live action series/sci-fi thriller if it had a little more filler?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2008, 11:44:09 am »
I definitely think DS could have been a live action movie, but the method of conversion and the derelict spaceship just SCREAMS "Alien Ripoff".  Although I liked it, it's little more than a 90 minute advert for the game and the ending compounds that.  MM, if anything, I think playing the game probably makes you want to see the movie than, vice versa.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2008, 04:13:52 am »
Can't argue with the logic there Togo, but I was intrigued by the space rock being a religious symbol worshipped by humans and a powerful organized religion pulling strings behind the scenes to get this thing to earth. I also wanted to know why the creatures were held at bay when the female hid in front of the object

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2008, 09:55:20 am »
Can't argue with the logic there Togo, but I was intrigued by the space rock being a religious symbol worshipped by humans and a powerful organized religion pulling strings behind the scenes to get this thing to earth. I also wanted to know why the creatures were held at bay when the female hid in front of the object

I'm assuming that all of that will be addressed in the video game itself.  Like I said, this was a prelude to the game...the movie ends exactly where the game begins, so I have to believe the rock plays a big part somewhere in the game.  I haven't been playing it since I got Gears of War 2 (beat it...it was great) but when I get back to Atlanta, I'll probably pick it up again.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2008, 08:46:26 am »
How's that Gears of War II looking? I got the first one and liked it...reminded me of resistance fall of man (which I also liked) I have been waiting for the Arkham Asylum joint to come out though and I have hesistated to buy the Mortal Kombat vs DC game until I get some reviews