Author Topic: Rumor that BET is Discriminating Against Black Women  (Read 45526 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor that BET is Discriminating Against Black Women
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 03:55:44 pm »
What I love is that I name SPECIFIC people under contract to BET who regularly appear on our air, all completely verifiable...and no one has the integrity to go "oops, this is bad information, sorry". 

I guess they feel justified because there are some people on BET that don't fit their definition of not black enough.

Of course, if those same people said they were not black, those same people would be demanding that they acknowledge their racial heritage.

Being that there motivation is clearly slander/libel; I would expect nothing less.

The cowardice though to actually confront their accusations head-on once they are challenged with the truth speaks volumes though. Beyond their vitriol and hyperbole there is nothing left but delusion and self-hate wrapped up in a package of "Black" female empowerment.

You ain't lying.

I actually posted on the Brown Sista site.

After I mentioned there that Race and Enthincity were two different things, the conversation  veered to "HISPANICS DON'T CONSIDER THEMSELVES BLACK!!! WAKE UP!!!!" and went downhill from there.

The discussion over is so insane I can't even get any entertainment value out of it.

After a copy of Reg's letter was posted on the site, it didn't help matters any. It was all like "But what about Sharon Carpenter!!!" :o

Those posters seem to hate Sharon Carpenter and Rosci with a passion.

I just don't get it.

Link please. I will love too see the requiste percentages offered on what counts as full Blackness.

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 04:10:25 pm »
For real. Last I checked, all it takes is one drop.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 06:48:01 am »
What I love is that I name SPECIFIC people under contract to BET who regularly appear on our air, all completely verifiable...and no one has the integrity to go "oops, this is bad information, sorry". 

I guess they feel justified because there are some people on BET that don't fit their definition of not black enough.

Of course, if those same people said they were not black, those same people would be demanding that they acknowledge their racial heritage.

Being that there motivation is clearly slander/libel; I would expect nothing less.

The cowardice though to actually confront their accusations head-on once they are challenged with the truth speaks volumes though. Beyond their vitriol and hyperbole there is nothing left but delusion and self-hate wrapped up in a package of "Black" female empowerment.

You ain't lying.

After I mentioned there that Race and Enthincity were two different things, the conversation  veered to "HISPANICS DON'T CONSIDER THEMSELVES BLACK!!! WAKE UP!!!!" and went downhill from there.

The discussion over is so insane I can't even get any entertainment value out of it.

After a copy of Reg's letter was posted on the site, it didn't help matters any. It was all like "But what about Sharon Carpenter!!!" :o

I just don't get it.

Link please. I will love too see the requiste percentages offered on what counts as full Blackness.

http://brownsista.com/reader-mail-where-are-black-women/#respond

Scroll UP to about midway then read as usual.

But the whole thing is pretty goofy in my mind.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 09:13:42 pm »

You ain't lying.

I just don't get it.

http://brownsista.com/reader-mail-where-are-black-women/#respond

Scroll UP to about midway then read as usual.

But the whole thing is pretty goofy in my mind.

Talk abou hate. I could almost feel those women talking off their earrings and greasing their faces with vaseline. They would've lynched you Vic.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 02:55:53 pm »
I just been told that there is at least one frustrated person who is trying to log on to the site to comment but are having a hard time logging in. 

Folks on the site will certainly testify to the fact that this has been a reoccuring problem on the site, and not a conspiracy.

We welcome your participation.

Offline FedUP

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 05:04:30 pm »
Mr. Hudlin, did you think BET was in error to select Julissa to host "College Center" when she knew nothing about HBCUs?

Mr. Hudlin, Telemundo and Univision barely hire darkskinned Blacks for their network, and other ethnic groups make a greater effort to recruit their own, why couldn't you? I know a few Black people who can write, speak and read fluent Spanish including a few who lived abroad, and still couldn't get jobs there. Do you think it's easy for Blacks in this field?

Sharon Carpenter is East Indian and white European. Where did you get she was Black? Isn't it in error to lie to the public that she is Black when we all know better? Most of all, why didn't you make greater efforts to pursue Black women for this position than a non Black?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 07:49:31 pm »
And so it begins.
Next week, the Turks'll be back.
:)
Ah... just like old times.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 08:48:17 pm »
Mr. Hudlin, did you think BET was in error to select Julissa to host "College Center" when she knew nothing about HBCUs?

Wow... Loaded question, much? How do you know how much she knows/doesn't know about HBCU's? Did you give her some sort of HBCU exam? If so, I'd be curious to see how that was assessed...

Mr. Hudlin, Telemundo and Univision barely hire darkskinned Blacks for their network, and other ethnic groups make a greater effort to recruit their own, why couldn't you?

I'm curious how you know the cultural and racial breakdown of those who apply and are hired by Telemundo, Univision, and BET. I assume you asked for that information and they supplied it? If so, would you be willing to share this information with us? I can't imagine someone would make a charge without proof to back it up.

I know a few Black people who can write, speak and read fluent Spanish including a few who lived abroad, and still couldn't get jobs there. Do you think it's easy for Blacks in this field?

Hey... I can read, write, and speak fluent Spanish myself. I have a Masters degree, too. Are they supposed to hire me or take me seriously just because I'm who I am?

Sharon Carpenter is East Indian and white European. Where did you get she was Black? Isn't it in error to lie to the public that she is Black when we all know better? Most of all, why didn't you make greater efforts to pursue Black women for this position than a non Black?

Why the hell should he or BET or anyone else validate to you why she was hired? Who says that all positions at BET must be filled by Black people? Or rather those you deem Black?

Am I being rude? Yes, maybe a little bit, but I just find your entire line of questioning hilarious and reflective of some sort of entitlement complex. No one owes you or anyone else a damn thing.

I don't see what the hell you've got to be fed up about. It's none of your damn business. Get a life.

Offline FedUP

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 08:49:30 pm »
There's always some colorstruck "can't get a white woman get the next thing" sellout Uncle Tom who feels the need to say something. This isn't a troll. This isn't a Turk. This isn't a hacker.  

Offline FedUP

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 08:53:31 pm »

Wow... Loaded question, much? How do you know how much she knows/doesn't know about HBCU's? Did you give her some sort of HBCU exam? If so, I'd be curious to see how that was assessed...

Mr. Hudlin, Telemundo and Univision barely hire darkskinned Blacks for their network, and other ethnic groups make a greater effort to recruit their own, why couldn't you?

I'm curious how you know the cultural and racial breakdown of those who apply and are hired by Telemundo, Univision, and BET. I assume you asked for that information and they supplied it? If so, would you be willing to share this information with us? I can't imagine someone would make a charge without proof to back it up.

I know a few Black people who can write, speak and read fluent Spanish including a few who lived abroad, and still couldn't get jobs there. Do you think it's easy for Blacks in this field?

Hey... I can read, write, and speak fluent Spanish myself. I have a Masters degree, too. Are they supposed to hire me or take me seriously just because I'm who I am?

Why the hell should he or BET or anyone else validate to you why she was hired? Who says that all positions at BET must be filled by Black people? Or rather those you deem Black?

Am I being rude? Yes, maybe a little bit, but I just find your entire line of questioning hilarious and reflective of some sort of entitlement complex. No one owes you or anyone else a damn thing.

I don't see what the hell you've got to be fed up about. It's none of your damn business. Get a life.

I don't find it as worse as your Captain Save a Curry attitude. Shut the f*ck up and get a life. If a Black person wants to comment on something they will whether you like it or not. Get over it. If you weren't offended your old past your prime archaic self wouldn't have said anything. Mr. Hudlin asked me some questions. I answered them, and then I turned around and asked the same. If you have a problem with it, get lost, but get used to the fact that Black people aren't going anywhere, so shut the f*ck up b*tch! You're the geezer concerned about someone else. You would probably sellout Malcolm and Martin if you had the chance.

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 09:03:11 pm »
Oh please. You don't know one goddamn thing about me or anyone else, so quit acting like you do. Your ignorance is really showing.

You didn't come asking questions. You came here to pick something and I hate to tell you, you aren't good at even that.

So... Are you so freaking jealous a "non-Black" has a job that you have to rant and rave and act a fool over it? If you're so pissed about it, go start your own goddamn network and do something about it. What the hell makes you think you have the right to come inside of someone else's "home" and tell them what they can and can't do?

No one owes you a damn thing except a swift kick in the rear.

Offline FedUP

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 09:07:09 pm »
Oh shut the f*ck up you old piece of sh*t! I won't disclose the personal email I received from Mr. Hudlin even though your old geezer one step from the nursing home dusty balls self is dying to know. Now one of the posts on here welcomed my participation so my Black self will comment and ask questions anytime I feel like it.

Calling yourself Lion to invoke the strength that you lack. You suck at everything you do including kissing *ss for attention. I can say whatever I want because it's called BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION you stupid f*cking son of a b*tch! Next time tell your momma to swallow.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 09:13:49 pm »
Looking at the pattern of things I may get personally attacked but so be it.

Fedup, Your comment about " Captain save a curry" contradicts the premise you setup about compotent Black candidates being overlooked at Spanish language networks. If you want compotence to be the criteria of selection like you alluded to with Blacks who are fluent in both writing and speaking Spanish; how can you then turn around and criticize BET for looking beyond the superficial and choosing a non-Black on air personality?

Offline FedUP

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 09:18:46 pm »
You contradict yourself claiming Bet was "looking beyond the superficial" by choosing Ms. Carpenter because they weren't. I won't names, but Ms. Carpenter's skin color had a lot to do with a particular executive's interest in having her work at BET. Ms. Carpenter isn't very talented, and many veteran Blacks would agree. Unfortunately, colorism is still alive and well in 2008, and there are people who continue to perpetuate the myth of "light is right, black stay back".

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 09:21:50 pm »
*ROFLMAO* Man - and I use the term loosely, because you are obviously not a man - I've got to say that you're hilarious. A little bit of trash-talk and I'm supposed to quake in my boots.

I could care less if Reggie invited you. That doesn't give you a free pass to act like a whiny bitch the second you step through the door.

Fact is, you don't have any evidence to back up your assumptions about BET's, Telemundo's, or anyone else's hiring practices. You accuse Reggie/BET of outright lying about Sharon Carpenter without showing any proof. And on top of all of that, you act like someone is out here "stealing jobs" from deserving Black folk.

And now you miraculously "know" all these things about me and everyone else here. You should really consider a position with the National Enquirer or the Star, but first you might want to brush up on your journalistic integrity.

You may indeed be able to say whatever you want, but that doesn't mean you're going to be respected because you do so.

Learn some manners and maybe you might be treated like a lady.