Author Topic: Are there any plans for tribute to Bernie Mac or Isaac Hayes?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
Are there any plans for tribute to Bernie Mac or Isaac Hayes?
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:28:12 pm »
Other than thirty second drops, are there any plans for special in memory of Isaac Hayes or Bernie Mac? I wouldn't mind seeing "Truck Turner" air on Blackbuster Movie and "The Players Club".

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Are there any plans for tribute to Bernie Mac or Isaac Hayes?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 02:51:01 pm »
tv one played all 3 SHAFTS yesterday.

i'd love for BET to get the rights to The Bernie Mac SHow.
I mean... there's a Black Panther poster in Jordan's room.
(when i saw that, I emailed good ol' reggie reg directly... and that's how i ended up at the HEF...cuz reggie reg actually replied to my email.)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any plans for tribute to Bernie Mac or Isaac Hayes?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:07:16 pm »
There better be plans for tributes to both of these icons.

I would hope there is also coverage of what should be a heros sendoff in Chicago for Bernie Mac this Saturday.

In relation to this, on one of the morning radio-shows here in NY there is a guy who is pushing the idea that CNN is actively pursuing the role of becoming the home destination of Black viewers. To bolster this view he used the recent Larry King Tribute to Bernie Mac as an example " You see CNN just had a tribute to Bernie Mac and watch BET will have something next month maybe".