Author Topic: "Krs-One" week on rap city this week  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
"Krs-One" week on rap city this week
« on: August 24, 2008, 01:19:04 pm »
I've seen promo ads on the network a few days ago..

;D

http://www.bet.com/OnTV/BETShows/rapcity/

check out the local listings.. I'll have to catch the reruns, I'm at work during the day..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline True Father Sankofa

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
Re: "Krs-One" week on rap city this week
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:03:50 am »
When do the reruns come on?  Late night like back in the day or something?  I didn't see anything discussing KRS on that link

PEACE
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:17:58 am »
um, you know, I'll have to re-check, because I'm not even sure about reruns..

but yeah, the link doesn't have anything yet.. hopefully they'll update it this week.. but if heads are home by the time 106 & Park comes on, they'll probably see the promo ads..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:00 am »
Yesterday's episode was great! KRS and Souljah Boy chopping it up. SB said he been in the game for a year and everyone in the game done had his name come out they mouth and KRS was the only one to come to him and discuss the importance of implementing knowledge of hip hop and keeping that legacy going. Why am I not surprised?

No booth as they were outside on top of a building (Thank you! So tired of that basement sh*t, take it back to the neighborhoods and sh*t which is a part of hip hop as well, not just that makeshift manufactured bs, ish is played) but KRS and Souljah Boy had a cipher, ha ha, dope! Each spit 8 bars.................and SB's was better, ha ha! Still got 3 days to go, this episode in particular was very important though and I hope everyone that saw it understands the importance and takes it seriously because this is what we are supposed to be doing. Big ups to the Stop the Violence Movement and Temple of Hip Hop.

PEACE

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:47:26 am »
I was in NY the week KRS was taping, we had a GREAT convo on the true meaning and heritage of hip hop.  The whole office was listening in. 

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 03:09:44 pm »
They need to have the basement episode once a week, twice maximum and the rest outside of that venue. The best episodes are the hood episodes where you get to see the artist show you their points of inspiration or even in some cases where they actually wrote the songs.

I enjoyed the Southern hood episodes as those artist had the chance to give context to what us Northerners only see through videos and read through interviews.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 01:26:17 pm »
Ok, Thursdays episode got interrupted for some Obama the Dream 45 Years later special after the first couple of mins.  Anyone else experience this?  Reggie is there a way I can get the tapings of this weeks episode to own?

PEACE