Author Topic: Hudlin Leaving BET  (Read 59813 times)

brotherkomrade

Re: Hudlin Leaving BET
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2008, 09:10:35 pm »
Bondagedaddy,

Love the linux reference!

Well, I'm not drunk enough, not pissed off enough, and not bored enough, but I'm a man of my word.

Bye.

Jenn

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2008, 11:39:46 pm »
CHAMPAGNE FOR ALL!!!!!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:22 pm »
y'know what? BET was a  pile of sh*t for the entire time it existed prior to reggie's arrival. Yeah. I said it. A pile of sh*t.

It couldn't have been more consistently offensive and demeaning to blacks, women and humans with working brains if it had been created and run by KKKers. For over a decade it not only catered to the lowest common denominator but actively sought to dig holes in order to get lower than the low. And it made a bunch of folks rich not the least of whom was one Mr. Johnson who really needs a boot. He was shovel holder number one as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't love every single one of Reg's choices for the channel and I wished to God there'd been time to pitch some other, more cutting edge types of shows (Black Science shows, historical docs that DON'T have to do with crime, slavery or Africa) but some folks need to seriously get a grip here. I wish it had got that one breakout hit.

He wasn't the KING of the network. BET is a little chunk of VIACOM. Whatever you want to say about Reg, NO ONE knows what kind of budgets he was working with or what kind of assholes (whose names we'll never know) he had to deal with to get ANYTHING that didn't involve "gangstaz" sliding credit cards through "hos" asses every ten seconds o the air. It takes a lot of energy to shift something large once its been set in motion. BET had been rolling for decades.

There was some good stuff there and there was better stuff coming and, if the numbers weren't sound, then it's just one more example of black folks talking a lot of sh*t but not stepping up when called upon.

People like to SAY, in public, what they want to see- more GLORY, less SOUL PLANE, for instance. But the FACT is, for the most part, THEY ARE LYING. They don't line up for the "real" movies or TV. They don't put their money down and, even though they claim they want changes for the better, they don't want to support anything that moves in that direction. God forbid Soulja Boy should have to actually conjugate a verb.

I don't know the real circs of Reg's departure but I know who shares some of the blame.

US.

Good luck with the new sh*t, Reg.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

And it's ALL small stuff.

Excellent post sir and a great point. I didnt watch the network for a while because of BET UNCUT and the many other crappy shows prior to him taking over.

I'll bet ... Angry Black Just Us League of America?

kinda like the guys who stalked Tracy Morgan on 30 Rock last year?

or the Drop Squad ...

or the Seven Days ...
 ;D

Fixed for you sir

I am very intrigued by how McGruder will address Reggie's departure in the new season of THE BOONDOCKS.
Oh gawd just by this news alone he is planning on the third season
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2008, 02:30:42 pm »
CHAMPAGNE FOR ALL!!!!!

Before you break out the bubbly, Komrade could've meant he will no longer post as BROTHERKOMRADE but will return using another name.

Jenn

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2008, 03:46:15 pm »
Before you break out the bubbly, Komrade could've meant he will no longer post as BROTHERKOMRADE but will return using another name.

Talk about a new level of bitchassness. Besides, it's not like we're not going to be able to recognize his pompous, whiny, wimmin-hatin' ass.