Author Topic: Hudlin Leaving BET  (Read 61335 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Hudlin Leaving BET
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 02:55:33 pm »
Given the state of the economy; Reggie saved a lot of money in lawn fees when the protesters eventually made their way to his home. 8)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:06 pm »
Given the state of the economy; Reggie saved a lot of money in lawn fees when the protesters eventually made their way to his home. 8)

I kept WAITING for them to show up!  They never did.  I had so many plans for them!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 03:42:53 pm »

I kept WAITING for them to show up!  They never did.  I had so many plans for them!

Hahahahahahaha. Did you reveal those plans to anyone? Its possible the right Pastor Coates knew he was running into a disaster and kept his efforts confined to Maryland.

In all seriousness, in light of what has taken place on Wall Street today; if those people are still protesting outside of Lee's home they really must have carefree lives and live in communities that are absent of substantive challenges.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 03:48:23 pm »
The protestors went away a while ago;  I think the idea of marching outside through a DC winter made them consider other approaches to the problem. 

But I agree;  I hope the presidential campaign is now forced to deal with real issues and not identity politics. 

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 03:58:18 pm »
NBC buckling and looking to neuter Olberman and Mathews isn't a good sign but; hopefully people like Roland Martin can stretch the discourse with his new show on CNN and his panel appearances.

They may have to physically restrain Carville now as well. I hope he runs wild on these shows now.

Offline David Yardin

• View Profile
    • www.davidyardin.com
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:55 pm »
Best of luck with your future endeavours Reggie.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:53 pm »
yeah, i'm an msnbc guy and taking olbermann off the coverage takes some of the fun away.
Booooo~

roland has a new show on Cnn?
sweeeet!
it's about time. he is always on cnn doing his thang.
he also did his thang on tv1's coverage of the dnc.
i like roland.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Jenn

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 01:36:09 am »
http://blogs.theroot.com/blogs/thehardline/archive/2008/09/13/reggie-hudlin-know-the-right-hat.aspx

----------
check it.

Whenever that dude isn't writing about how much women are hos or how much gay people suck, he can really ring a bell.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 05:56:14 am »
Best of luck with your future endeavours Reggie.
Thanks David!

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 06:43:25 am »
Whenever that dude isn't writing about how much women are hos or how much gay people suck, he can really ring a bell.

...nevermind.
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 08:09:22 am »
http://blogs.theroot.com/blogs/thehardline/archive/2008/09/13/reggie-hudlin-know-the-right-hat.aspx

----------
check it.

Not a fan I take it? ;)

I halfway think the guy's sexism and homophobia is an act. Cause dude sounds just like some of my divorced male aquaintences. That's probably the guy's literary selling point: he's the guy from around the way but with a degree.

I mean common sense would tell you that the difference between applying for a job as stiripper and applying for a job at the post office is the fact that the money's (presumably) better as a stripper and there's no multiple choice test to take either.

So either Jimi's online persona is an act or he's kinda slow.   

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 10:57:24 am »
I like ol guy e persona. He through me for one with the whole fight for your kid thing over Jordan's. As someone who is involved in a similar situation I think he has a simplistic view on the matter. But yea sounds like the bitter ex stuff drives him a lot.

brotherkomrade

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 11:29:52 am »
"Lil' Kim: Countdown to Lockdown" and "Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is."

Such great works...such...>snif<great works...

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 12:33:36 pm »
This brought BrotherKomrade back, only Heyman and Blykyoda are left to pay their regards.

brotherkomrade

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57:33 pm »
It's not like as if Reg is hurtin'. Maybe if he actually treated BET like a day job for real (i.e., I don't give a f*ck; pay me or fire me...) and not take himself and what he did there so seriously, he wouldn't have been a target by some us who supported him earlier on when he got there. Unlike our angry church goers, pseudo-feminists, and black neocon/closeted-black image fascists, some of us actually expected more from the man who was associated with Birth of a Nation and Boondocks. But I guess a suit is a suit, no matter how  no, actually, I guess he isn't one, since he's leaving BET, huh?

But really, I've been around my folk long enough to know that that statement from Lee is all BS. I guess we'll never know what was really squirming under that rock until some hungry-assed intern decides to go for a book deal.

Hey, good luck looking for that animated Black Panther series, all you RH fans!

Bless your hearts.