Author Topic: Official Comic Con Thread  (Read 5336 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Official Comic Con Thread
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:46:22 pm »
Im wasnt sure if one wasnt created but i thought why not. Next week im going to the Baltimore Comic Con and peoples such as Bendis, Cho, Johns and Slott will be at the con this year. Yep I'll post pictures on this thread. Matter of fact if people are in the area to go it is $25 for both days.

http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/index.htm

Im curious though what comic con do you usually attend Reggie?
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Official Comic Con Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:19:53 pm »
I'm a regular at the San Diego Comic Con.  I will do the NY cons every once in a while.  That's pretty much it.  Might do more this year in support of the BLACK PANTHER series.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:05:39 pm »
hope so brother!
:D

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
We it is was great and also insane. I was lucky enough to get signatures of my books from Cho, Bendis, Tucci, Slott, and Palimotti. I should have had all of the ATI books signed by slott. He was having conversation with alot of people while signing. I was shocked that I seen a Mr Terrific and Vixen of all people. Now Vixen was decent looking too. She had Double Ds and a nice ass too  ;D :o. Im pissed that I left my camera home. I wasnt in the mood to drive back to my home. So I was like f*ck it. Oh yeah Jim Lee was there but there was no chance in hell one was able to get him. His line was longer than Bendis and Cho combined. (im streching it but still) Lines were crazy long outside in comparison to last year. However I was disappointed that I couldnt get Infinite Crisis signed by Geoff Johns.

I did pick up a poster that was signed by Tucci and 3 WW2 vets.  Also I picked up a sketch from some local guy to give him some love. I'll post the pics of the stuff that was signed.

Cho
Line wasnt too long

Bendis
Crazy and I mean Crazy long

Tucci
Quiet

Slott
Wasnt long

Palimotti
Kind of short but he also gave me a free copy of Jonah Hex and he signed it as well.
I'm a regular at the San Diego Comic Con.  I will do the NY cons every once in a while.  That's pretty much it.  Might do more this year in support of the BLACK PANTHER series.
Well if i ever run into you at any con i'll make sure to get a few signatures
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »
For those who have attended NYCC or SDCC, Reg makes major moves BUT he will take time out for pics, signature and shoutout for all HEF memebers (and fans too). 

HEF brothers Redjack and D McDuffie has madd love and support also.  Redjack is a fool in person with a sense of humor and DMcD, without a doubt in my mind, is not only the man (currently he is the MAN for JLA and Milestone) he is one of my favorite writers who will open up and breakdown the industry from his vision and you will leave speechless of the vast knowledge, wisdom and understanding he has about the business. 

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »
Uh well I wanted to revive this thread since it suppose to be the "official comic-con" thread. I notice the "120 days" thing but who cares. Anywho. The Baltimore Comic Con is doing it big again this year. Some of the notable names include Cho, Bendis, Tucci, Claremont, J.G. Jones, Sale, Igle, Fraction, Perez, Larsen, Kirkman, STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALIN! and Finch. And a special BP guest. Unfortunately it isn't Hudlin but here in bmore we have someone just as good

JASON MOTHERf*ckIN AARON!!!

In regards to all of the Md posters in here. What is your excuse this time huh?

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 07:58:46 pm »
Just wanted announce that the Baltimore Comic Con is this weekend ladies and gents. So if you are in the area why not stop by. Yes parking will be a pain in the ass.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 08:31:37 am »
SHAKA!!!!!

Well, in the past we've pretty much only hit San Diego. It's close to home and we don't have to pay for lodgings. Our deal with APE requires us to do at least two cons to support the book so in 2010, we're probably coming east at some point.

And yeah. I know I seem pretty tense sometimes online but, in real life I'm really quite silly.

Quite.

At SDCC last year I saw President Hudlin, Maestro McDuffie, Kevin Grevioux and his VOICE, Ken Lashley, Jamal Ingle, Jimmie Robinson, Kyle Baker, Brian Stelfreeze, the entire Antidote Trust crew and probably others I'm too stupid to remember.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 08:36:22 am by Redjack »
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.