Author Topic: Heroes - Volume Three  (Read 6775 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Heroes - Volume Three
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:30:25 pm »
So what did you guys think?

Well they put enough stuff in it, that's for sure.

Hiro gets a new baddie.

Noah gets something REALLY cool to do.

K. Bell's fans get more of her(hopefully she hooks up with Noah)

And Mohinder gets...nothing he does EVER goes right does it?

Oh yes, and Parkman gets a Mystic Negro.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes - Volume Three
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:19 pm »
This was a great season starter for sure. I loved it. Even though he is portrayed as a straight up killa. Marlo from the wire seems like a bad mofo and that is welcome because the other black males the Haitian and DL were push overs. Going to be a great season.

Offline bondagedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:52:24 pm »
They keep punking black males in this show and it's pissing me off. Though I thought the Haitian was cool, didn't have a problem with him, but the way DL went out, c'mon!!!!

The 'rape' (and I will only describe what happened to Claire as such) was the most darkest situation I ever saw in Heroes. It was great writing.

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:52:45 pm »
bubbles is a villian too.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:59:25 pm »
Here's my latest review:  http://2guystalking.com/2gttrb/?p=939

Offline bondagedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:17:03 pm »
So what did you guys think?

And Mohinder gets...nothing he does EVER goes right does it?

Oh yes, and Parkman gets a Mystic Negro.

Ha, Ha! Vic, My Magic Negro Meter went of as soon as I saw Parkman in the dad-blamed desert!
 But I have to disagree about Mohinder, at least got to console Maya's uh, 'grieving' of her dead brother and conundrum over her "horrible" power.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 06:08:50 pm »
I didn't mean not to watch season two, but I ended up not doing it. But yeah, season three is out the gate hot!

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 07:14:45 pm »
Future Peter is kind of a dick, and the "god" stuff with nathan bugged me a little, and no way Suresh would bag a girl like Maya.  Okay, that last one was just me hatin', but things are set up for sure.  I hope claire doesn't become evil, I doubt that would happen because that would be too obvious.  Peter and Nathan's mom is an awesome evil bitch, I love that character. 

I hope Nathan actually reaches out to claire and tries to become a father to her as well, and it was great to see Nikki alive, but different, and maybe not even nikki.  Whatever, its all good. 

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »
it was great to see Nikki alive, but different, and maybe not even nikki.  Whatever, its all good. 

From what I've read, Nikki is dead, gone, bye bye, and the other personalities (or maybe just this one) will control the body now.  But I wouldn't put it past the writers pulling out Nikki at any moment.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 08:03:38 pm »
Future Peter is kind of a dick, and the "god" stuff with nathan bugged me a little, and no way Suresh would bag a girl like Maya.  Okay, that last one was just me hatin', but things are set up for sure. 

If all Maya ever does this season is get her clothes ripped offa her she'll be my favorite character on the show. She's banging.

Mohinder is just Maya's type tho. She was kissing on Syler last season. She only likes eff-ed up dudes. ;D

As for Nathan i think that Maclom McDowell's living in his head somehow. I remember his character having the God complex. So far Nathan's done everything Malc's wanted (even if unwittingly). What does a messenger from God need with a political position? Nathan's mind isn't his own anymore I'm thinking.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »
^^^Surresh-Anyone notice, Spider-man or more accurately, the Fly (Jeff Goldblaum version) and now his back is peeling like Jeff G's Fly?

As far as Niki, I don't think it another personality because of the different power.  I think it is her sister.  Remember, the one she thought was dead?  Bet you she wasn't dead.

Anyone else feel they totally blew it with Kristen Bell's character?  She never had a chance to shine.  Is she sticking around this season or not?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 07:56:01 am »
I think quote was something like Nikki is dead, but Ali Larter is returning to the series...so anything could be happening.

Also, as a HUGE Veronica Mars fan, I have not been particularly happy with how Kristen Bell has been used on the show.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:38:51 am by JLI Jesse »

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 09:19:47 am »
Last year Maya was hot but annoying with her brother. They writers played right into our fanboy desire with that scene. I'm glad she tuned down the whole Alejandro styck. Clare did need the upgrade, I mean she was just a glorified punching bag like ol boy Suresh.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 10:00:15 am »
What happened to the villains from the summer webisodes?  The USPS letter carrier with the sonic boom for a voice was supposed to be housed on level 5, and I didn't see him at all.  Was he even shown running around in the background.

Something that bugged me a bit about this season.  I could've basically not wasted my time watching season 2, and picked this right up.  It's like the baddie from last season wasn't even a factor - Hell, I don't even remember what happened to him!  Where did he go??

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 10:14:05 am »
I don't think I watched a single ep of season 2.. i'm intrigued, though.. who's Maya?
Be Kind to Someone Today.